Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Lockwood & Co. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711718)

Chris 15-02-2023 22:25

Lockwood & Co.

Anyone else had a go at this? It’s an adaptation of a series of teen fiction novels about a world plagued by an outbreak of ghosts that kill on contact, and the companies of young adults tasked with containing and destroying them (on the basis that only teenagers and young adults are sensitive enough to actually see them).

The world they inhabit has suffered decades of economic shock and aesthetically and technologically looks like a complete mash-up of every decade front the 1980s to our present day, though high-tech is reserved for the rich and the average home looks stuck in the 1980s.

It has been superbly designed, filmed and acted and is well worth a binge if you haven’t already. Plus it’s great fun spotting the many 1980s pop culture references they’ve dropped in all over the place.

The first 8-episode run has adapted the first two novels, ‘The Screaming Staircase’ and ‘The Whispering Skull’. There are three more original novels they could adapt, though Netflix has yet to commission a second season. I really, really hope they do.

Paul 16-02-2023 00:30

Re: Lockwood & Co.

I have not heard of this at all, but it sounds like it may be interesting.

1701-e 16-02-2023 10:45

Great series. My money is that Netflix will do a Netflix and cancel it.

pip08456 16-02-2023 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36146080)
Anyone else had a go at this? It’s an adaptation of a series of teen fiction novels about a world plagued by an outbreak of ghosts that kill on contact, and the companies of young adults tasked with containing and destroying them (on the basis that only teenagers and young adults are sensitive enough to actually see them).

The world they inhabit has suffered decades of economic shock and aesthetically and technologically looks like a complete mash-up of every decade front the 1980s to our present day, though high-tech is reserved for the rich and the average home looks stuck in the 1980s.

It has been superbly designed, filmed and acted and is well worth a binge if you haven’t already. Plus it’s great fun spotting the many 1980s pop culture references they’ve dropped in all over the place.

The first 8-episode run has adapted the first two novels, ‘The Screaming Staircase’ and ‘The Whispering Skull’. There are three more original novels they could adapt, though Netflix has yet to commission a second season. I really, really hope they do.

I'd seen it advertised and thought it not for me but I trust your outlook so will give it a go.

If I don't like it I'll let you know. Likewise if I do,

Chris 12-05-2023 21:30

Cancelled. :(

Apparently Netflix liked it but the viewing figures were too low.

SnoopZ 12-05-2023 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36151729)
Cancelled. :(

Apparently Netflix liked it but the viewing figures were too low.

I thought it was good.

1701-e 12-05-2023 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36146108)
Great series. My money is that Netflix will do a Netflix and cancel it.

Well sadly called it