Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709861)

1701-e 08-03-2021 19:31

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36073548)
I signed up to Starzplay and have to say Castle Rock season one was absolutely first rate. We're now binging our way through The Act, then we'll go back to CR for season two and dig into three seasons of Mr Mercedes. .

Mr mercedes currently on the virgin uhd channel 999 for no extra charge. Cracking show.

RichardCoulter 08-03-2021 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36073560)
The article is incorrect, I believe. You cannot get Prime video channels on Sky or VM. The 'channels' section is excluded, which I think is a pity, because the exclusion of apps such as Britbox, Apple +, Disney +, etc would not be an issue for VM viewers if we had the full 'channels' version.

If you want the full version of Prime, you need to view it through the Fire stick, Roku or some other additional box or stick.

But then you might unsubscribe to the VM channels, I guess that's what they're afraid of.

Are they completely missing or greyed out or something?

Legendkiller2k 08-03-2021 23:58

Quote:

The article is incorrect, I believe. You cannot get Prime video channels on Sky or VM. The 'channels' section is excluded, which I think is a pity, because the exclusion of apps such as Britbox, Apple +, Disney +, etc would not be an issue for VM viewers if we had the full 'channels' version.

If you want the full version of Prime, you need to view it through the Fire stick, Roku or some other additional box or stick.

I just checked SKY Q both channels i sub to are there under my channels Shudder and Starzplay, and i can watch them no problem.

ozsat 09-03-2021 05:16

1 Attachment(s)
I've checked on the 360 and the V6 and on the HOME page of the Amazon app is a section listing all 'Your Channels' which are my Amazon Prime Channel subscriptions. As with SkyQ they play fine!

The BTtv app for Amazon also plays them although that already has the BritBox app added.

I've attached an image from the 360 - but the V6 looks identicle.

It is always worth checking out the Prime Channels are there are often deals - like £1pm for 3 months.

Quote:

muppetman11 09-03-2021 11:55

Seems like Now TV are trying to force people into taking the Now TV Boost or face ads.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/now-tv...t-showing-ads/

1andrew1 09-03-2021 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 36073624)
Seems like Now TV are trying to force people into taking the Now TV Boost or face ads.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/now-tv...t-showing-ads/

fair enough, they seem to be testing the market.

nialli 09-03-2021 14:00

Quote:

You sure about that? I subscribed to Starzplay's free 7 days and it played fine on the Prime App on my V6 earlier this month, no problem at all.

1701-e 09-03-2021 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36073639)
You sure about that? I subscribed to Starzplay's free 7 days and it played fine on the Prime App on my V6 earlier this month, no problem at all.

I did that too on my V6.

denphone 12-03-2021 11:07

Netflix looking at restricting password sharing.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ssword-sharing

Raider999 12-03-2021 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36073944)
Netflix looking at restricting password sharing.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ssword-sharing

Only fair enough - suggest it only works on 1 broadband connection, thus becoming a 1 household service rather than allowing friends to share.

Hugh 12-03-2021 13:33

What if you’re out and about, using a tablet or phone?

OLD BOY 12-03-2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36073639)

The ‘channels’ section on the Fire stick and Roku is missing from the V6 version of Prime.

However, for some reason, you seem to be able to enter ‘StarzPlay’ and sure enough, StarzPlay content comes up. It may be, of course, that Prime simply has joint rights to the programmes that appear, as is the case when you enter ‘Britbox’.

It might be good to check out StarzPlay via Virgin’s on demand system to see if it has more content than Prime does in respect of StarzPlay content.

muppetman11 12-03-2021 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36073967)
Only fair enough - suggest it only works on 1 broadband connection, thus becoming a 1 household service rather than allowing friends to share.

Err no thats not fair enough what if I'm at a friend's or staying in a home on holiday with Netflix , what about my mobile connection as well.

OLD BOY 12-03-2021 13:44

Quote:

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 36073970)
Err no thats not fair enough what if I'm at a friend's or staying in a home on holiday with Netflix , what about my mobile connection as well.

Fair point.

ozsat 12-03-2021 15:48

2 Attachment(s)
Two pictures attached - one from the Amazon Firestick and one from the Amazon Prime app on the V6. The one recommending Doom Patrol is the V6.

Both look the same list to me!?

I checked the 360 too and it looks the same as the V6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36073969)
The ‘channels’ section on the Fire stick and Roku is missing from the V6 version of Prime.

However, for some reason, you seem to be able to enter ‘StarzPlay’ and sure enough, StarzPlay content comes up. It may be, of course, that Prime simply has joint rights to the programmes that appear, as is the case when you enter ‘Britbox’.

It might be good to check out StarzPlay via Virgin’s on demand system to see if it has more content than Prime does in respect of StarzPlay content.