Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

mrmistoffelees 30-05-2022 12:41

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36124052)
Is it not easier and cheaper to get quotes online, also using TCB offers?

After ringing them they’ve come in cheaper than anywhere else…. Tbh it was only a ten minute call. It annoys me that they bump up their prices as they think people will just let it roll over and auto renew

Hom3r 05-06-2022 10:16

UBISoft

They are giving Far Cry 4 game free to Prime customers, but you have to jump through bloody hoops.

I have to link my Prime to UBISoft, It didn't like the password so I reset it.

It then says password invaild, now its locked me out for too many attemps.

Hom3r 06-06-2022 16:25

Still doesn't like the password, so I've given up, I have it on the Xbox 1 anyway.

SnoopZ 06-06-2022 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36124541)
Still doesn't like the password, so I've given up, I have it on the Xbox 1 anyway.

Contact their support if you haven't already.

GrimUpNorth 09-06-2022 20:50

Wilkinson's (Wilko) declining £45 cashback on topcashback saying we hadn't followed the terms and conditions. We clicked through from the topcashback site and spend £900 in good faith on garden furniture. Seems we're doomed never to have any luck with garden furnitre:shocked:.

SnoopZ 09-06-2022 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36124817)
Wilkinson's (Wilko) declining £45 cashback on topcashback saying we hadn't followed the terms and conditions. We clicked through from the topcashback site and spend £900 in good faith on garden furniture. Seems we're doomed never to have any luck with garden furnitre:shocked:.

Cancel the order if you still can.

Mr K 10-06-2022 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36124817)

It is hit and miss with cashback. I've had over £2k, from that site over the years though deals aren't as good as they used to be, and sellers are increasingly using any excuse not to pay out.

GrimUpNorth 10-06-2022 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36124819)
Cancel the order if you still can.

Too late, ordered and delivered in March. The missing cashback claims take so long which is a pain. It's not the first time Wilkinson's have declined cashback but they normally reverse the decision. £45 was obviously too much for them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36124830)
It is hit and miss with cashback. I've had over £2k, from that site over the years though deals aren't as good as they used to be, and sellers are increasingly using any excuse not to pay out.

Couldn't agree more, the offers aren't as good but I suppose something is better than nothing for example, the cashback from Sainsbury's deliveries is normally more than the delivery charge.

Like you we've had more than £2k, and if you couple it with a cashback credit card you can quite quickly build up a few £'s for nothing.

Mr K 10-06-2022 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36124833)
Too late, ordered and delivered in March. The missing cashback claims take so long which is a pain. It's not the first time Wilkinson's have declined cashback but they normally reverse the decision. £45 was obviously too much for them!

Couldn't agree more, the offers aren't as good but I suppose something is better than nothing for example, the cashback from Sainsbury's deliveries is normally more than the delivery charge.

Like you we've had more than £2k, and if you couple it with a cashback credit card you can quite quickly build up a few £'s for nothing.

Great minds think alike. Cashback credit cards are the only ones to have. I've got an old one from Halifax that still pays out 2% on all fuel / groceries. Its my best friend ;) Can't get anything near that any longer .

GrimUpNorth 10-06-2022 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36124878)
Great minds think alike. Cashback credit cards are the only ones to have. I've got an old one from Halifax that still pays out 2% on all fuel / groceries. Its my best friend ;) Can't get anything near that any longer .

We also have one with no foreign currency fees which we only use on holiday.

Dude111 11-06-2022 02:11

I canst stand how mean people are now...... Im sick to death of it!!!!

Hom3r 12-06-2022 18:58

I use an app called Airtime rewards, I opt in each month for the bonus rewards and when I get £10 I claim it, and it takes that off my O2 bill.

Hom3r 15-06-2022 21:51

Jobs on job sites, which takes you to the poster's site, which then get you to retype your entire CV again.

Hom3r 27-06-2022 22:01

Companies that refuse to send a simple unsuccessful email, its rude and unprofessional as I've take time to retype my attached email.

Tinky 28-06-2022 19:14

Last years car insurers who presume that you automatically want to renew your policy with them and deduct money from your bank account without authorisation. So you end up having to phone them for a refund. :banghead: