Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cable Forum Vaccinations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709819)

Dude111 02-03-2021 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy
Too late I've had the Pfizer and no problems.

God bless you Maggy.. We hope you will continue to be ok :)

Carth 04-03-2021 11:20

Re: Cable Forum Vaccinations

I had the Pfizer about 2 weeks ago.

It has had no effect on the amount of Brandy & Cigarettes I am getting through, and sadly it hasn't alleviated the horrible 'caged tiger' mood I've been in for around the last 3 months :(

Wife had the Pfizer about 6 weeks ago (council worker, social care) . . . didn't improve her cooking skills or remove wrinkles ;)

tweetiepooh 04-03-2021 12:35

I was due for 3rd, then they moved to the 12th. Had a call from GP today offering me the vaccine with slots on the 5th. So moved to that date.

Carth 04-03-2021 18:00

Here's something I forgot to add, maybe someone can throw light on it . .

Before the jab I was asked if I'd had Covid 19, to which I answered no and was given the jab.

I could however, be asymptomatic and not know it (as could anyone), so what's the point of the question if there's no further check?

Does the body react differently if antibodies are already present, or do they feel it's a waste of a jab if you've already had it and survived?

joglynne 04-03-2021 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36073031)

Before the jab I was asked if I'd had Covid 19, to which I answered no and was given the jab.

I could however, be asymptomatic and not know it (as could anyone), so what's the point of the question if there's no further check?

Does the body react differently if antibodies are already present, or do they feel it's a waste of a jab if you've already had it and survived?

Way back I am sure that it was noted that unless you had a fairly severe covid infection then very few antibodies were generated. I think it was when they were harvesting plasma with high antibody levels to transfuse into the patients who were on ventilators and nothing else was working. I don't think being asymptomatic would have any adverse effect on the way our bodies would cope with the vaccination as there wouldn't be much of a system overload.

Maybe they are asking about any previous Covid-19 infection so that stats of some form could be used in the future. <<shrug>> I was asked the same question when I had my first jab in early January.

Probably best ignore my ramblings meds are kicking in.

Hugh 04-03-2021 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36073031)

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-u...s-vaccine.aspx
Quote:

Q. If I've had a positive antibody test, should I still get vaccinated?
A. Yes, the vaccine can be given if you have had a positive antibody test.

Q. I'm currently ill with COVID-19, can I get the vaccine?
A. People currently unwell and experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not receive the COVID-19 vaccine until they have recovered.

Q. Should people who have already had COVID-19 get vaccinated?
A. Yes, they should get vaccinated. There is no evidence of any safety concerns from vaccinating individuals with a past history of COVID-19 infection, or with detectable COVID-19 antibody so people who have had COVID-19 disease (whether confirmed or suspected) can still receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

You can have the vaccine 28 days after you had a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after your symptoms started, so you may need to wait.’
Hope this helps.

tweetiepooh 05-03-2021 12:11

Just been and had mine - AZ today. Wife was there last week - Pfizer.

There were a couple ahead of me - dad and son I guess but AZ is only given to 18+ and they were arguing about it with "receptionist". Didn't really follow what was happening just heard the bit about age.

Aye Up 05-03-2021 13:34

Just been for mine, was Oxford vaccine. Operation was run very smoothly, staff and volunteers very cheery pointing people in the right direction. I was in and out within around 7 minutes I think.

They asked the usual questions, was I driving etc. Since I can't drive, they didn't request I wait around for 15 mins.

What I found rather odd though is the amount of people 70+ still being vaccinated, I don't know if its second doses that might be impacting this.

I had mine done in Wythenshawe, plenty of social distancing going on, good open spaces.

In some ways left me slightly emotional.......I'm just glad I live in a country where I can get the jab but also have access to healthcare free at the point of need.

Taf 05-03-2021 14:51

The missus has been called forward to a Vac Centre next Sunday. I have to go to the GP 3 days later, and our twins also have to go to the Vac Centre (luckily at exactly the same time) at the end of the month.

Hugh 05-03-2021 15:20

Just had our first jabs, AZ/O vaccine, took 20 minutes from entering the door till leaving, very efficient and friendly, no hold ups - bonus it being in a local hotel, 5 minutes drive away.

(I got "unblinded" from the Novavax trial yesterday- I had been given the placebo, and their injections weren’t being given until after Easter (at the earliest), so decided to go for what was available now).

spiderplant 05-03-2021 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36073192)
I had been given the placebo

Do you know what it was? And did it have any effect?

I currently have my knee strapped up for a torn ligament. The missus reckons it's a placebo, but if it is, it's a bloody good one. :D

Hugh 05-03-2021 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36073226)
Do you know what it was? And did it have any effect?

I currently have my knee strapped up for a torn ligament. The missus reckons it's a placebo, but if it is, it's a bloody good one. :D

Saline solution - no effect, as it's basically water.

Dude111 06-03-2021 02:39

We all hope you will be OK Hugh :)

Sirius 06-03-2021 20:52

I had the Astrazeneca jab today, it will be interesting to see if i have any side affects seen by others

pip08456 06-03-2021 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36073386)
I had the Astrazeneca jab today, it will be interesting to see if i have any side affects seen by others

I had none, you may be the same.