Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : War Of The Worlds (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708353)

General Maximus 05-06-2021 19:22

Re: The War Of The Worlds

Season 2 is also on Disney+ and it looks like it is weekly with up to ep3 currently available. I can find normal eps without hardcoded subs.

Paul 05-06-2021 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 36082016)
With S1 now on Disney plus it shouldn't be too long before S2 appears

Funnily enough, it appears they have, or at least some of them.

At the time of posting yesterday I'd not long got back off my holiday and not checked my systems, they had picked up English subbed Season 2 Episodes 1 to 3 yesterday morning. I've watched Episode 1 tonight. :D

Jaymoss 05-06-2021 20:16

Got episode 1 and 2 with forced subs, none of the rest as of yet have them. Skipping through ep3 I can not find any French but will wait and see subs first and watch them all together

edit appear to have them for 3 so far

Chris 05-06-2021 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36082026)
Season 2 is also on Disney+ and it looks like it is weekly with up to ep3 currently available. I can find normal eps without hardcoded subs.

Are you using a VPN? I have Disney+ and I’m only seeing 1 season. It’s very good though, we’ve just watched the first episode. :tu:

1701-e 07-06-2021 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36082051)
Are you using a VPN? I have Disney+ and I’m only seeing 1 season. It’s very good though, we’ve just watched the first episode. :tu:

Same for me.

Paul 07-06-2021 17:26

Season 1 Episode 1 is probably the most exciting/action packed of them all.
In general its a slow burning show/story, and yet it just about manages to keep you hooked.

Same with Season 2, I've seen the first three so far. :)

Russ 08-06-2021 19:25

Same here and I can't say I'm all that impressed so far.

Pierre 15-06-2021 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36082051)

Just seen an ad on Fartbook that S2 is on Disney + (star) from July 16th.

Chris 15-06-2021 23:04

Yup, missus spotted that earlier. Though I’m still curious to know how General Maximus is seeing it listed in Disney+ right now.

General Maximus 15-06-2021 23:23

I am afraid it is classified

Jaymoss 15-06-2021 23:38

Windscribe has servers that do not flag when using streaming services using international ips maybe he is using something like that

Saying that it is not meant to be airing till July but the rips I have are labelled DSNY so dunno

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

It is available on Epix via Amazon Prime .com

Paul 16-06-2021 02:09

There are Epix rips out there as well (for episodes 1 & 2).

Season 2 is definitely more 'pacy' than season 1, I've seen episodes 1 to 4 now.

Chris 16-06-2021 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36083376)
Windscribe has servers that do not flag when using streaming services using international ips maybe he is using something like that

Saying that it is not meant to be airing till July but the rips I have are labelled DSNY so dunno

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:31 ----------

It is available on Epix via Amazon Prime .com

Disney+ doesn’t block Windscribe IPs - I’ve tried it. I don’t use it though, because I watch TV on the TV, not a computer or a tablet, and that means configuring the VPN in our router, which would be pointless as our family’s data usage is almost a terabyte a month. Even Windscribe’s free 10GB would be gone in a flash.

My question was really more prompted by suggestions further up the thread that season 2 had yet to be released anywhere that wouldn’t automatically generate foreign language subtitles - if it was on Disney+ in the USA, for example, you might assume the “usual sources” would have a rip of that already.

Jaymoss 16-06-2021 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36083390)
Disney+ doesn’t block Windscribe IPs - I’ve tried it. I don’t use it though, because I watch TV on the TV, not a computer or a tablet, and that means configuring the VPN in our router, which would be pointless as our family’s data usage is almost a terabyte a month. Even Windscribe’s free 10GB would be gone in a flash.

My question was really more prompted by suggestions further up the thread that season 2 had yet to be released anywhere that wouldn’t automatically generate foreign language subtitles - if it was on Disney+ in the USA, for example, you might assume the “usual sources” would have a rip of that already.

I built my own package 1 premium UK, Windflix US, Unlimited and R.O.B.E.R.T costs me $3 a month. I have it running on an old TP Link router running DD-WRT so have a VPN Network and a None VPN Network off my SH3 and Mesh system

The usual sources do have rips of what airs in the US. It is airing every Friday and the rips are up on the Saturday. I have 4 with EN forced subs

Paul 17-06-2021 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36083390)
if it was on Disney+ in the USA, for example, you might assume the “usual sources” would have a rip of that already.

The usual sources have rips of both Disney & Epix (Disney up to E4, Epix up to E2).
There are also Canal+ Rips of all 8 Eps, but sadly without the English subs (They have "English" Audio, but still with French bits in them).