Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   VM trying to charge woman hundreds of pounds for calls she never made (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709887)

RichardCoulter 14-03-2021 05:19

VM trying to charge woman hundreds of pounds for calls she never made

I've never experienced this personally, but have seen incidents posted online where it has happened to others:

From 50:40:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000t58f

Has this happened to you? I'm interested in how widespread this is.

A late friend had a phantom PPV charge on his account for a film. He contacted them & they took it off. The same thing happened the month after, but this time they refused to sort it out!

He paid his bill (including for the Phantom PPV event) and immediately cancelled. Yes, they gained an extra fiver or whatever it was for the PPV film he never ordered, but completely failed to consider that, by not investigating & sorting this out, that they lost far more in the fees they would have received for TV, BB & phone from that day until his death 6 years later.

It's looking like this case is going to go the same way. She has complained, but has had the usual crap service expected from this company, including the claim that they contacted her to give her 'some education' about this. She was understandably insulted by this remark and will be taking things further.

It really is like they are now going out of their way to deliberately lose customers. It's downright bizarre, maybe they've been infiltrated by staff from a competitor :D

Dude111 14-03-2021 06:13

Wow I do hope she gets out of it!! (They cant prove she made the calls)

One time we had a problem with a hacker who somehoe racked up 100s of dollars ... We got security invoolved and didnt have to pay any of it..... (They added 3 way calling to our phone and forwarded to a high billing party line # and stayed on it for hours each time)

That was 1 # they rang anyway........

RichardCoulter 14-03-2021 07:05

Re: VM trying to charge woman hundreds of pounds for calls she never made

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36074193)

One time we had a problem with a hacker who somehoe racked up 100s of dollars ... We got security invoolved and didnt have to pay any of it..... (They added 3 way calling to our phone and forwarded to a high billing party line # and stayed on it for hours each time)

Wow, this hacking of things seems to be getting worse.

Maybe it's the same thing or, if it's possible, someone has used her line from the cabinet?? If Paul sees this he might know as I believe he used to work for BT.

What gets me is the robotic response from VM with these things with no common sense applied. They just wind their customers up even more. Even though it's in dispute, they have taken the money from her account!! I wouldn't have thought that they could do that tbh.

Even the banks treat customers more sympathetically than this and that's saying something :erm:

Hugh 14-03-2021 14:57

Re: VM trying to charge woman hundreds of pounds for calls she never made

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36074193)

How did they add 3 way calling to your phone?

Dude111 14-03-2021 20:10

The guy worked for phone company so he knew how to do things like that.......