Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Return of the cyclist scourge (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709036)

Sephiroth 17-05-2020 12:55

Return of the cyclist scourge

As per the thread title.

Out in their hordes trying to own the roads here.

papa smurf 17-05-2020 13:32

Re: Return of the cyclist scourge

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36035417)
As per the thread title.

Are they the vile Lycra clad idiots or just normal people having a bike ride?

Hugh 17-05-2020 13:39

Quote:

As per the thread title.

Just following "Guvmint’ guidelines... ;)

Quote:

Walking and cycling

Walking and cycling will reduce pressure on the public transport system and the road network. Consider walking and cycling if you can. Local cycling schemes can be used. Your local council can help you plan your journey by providing maps showing dedicated paths and routes.

Where possible, try to maintain social distancing when you walk or cycle, for example when approaching or passing other pedestrians or waiting at crossings and traffic lights.

Where using bikes (private, docked or dockless) wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or sanitise your hands before and after cycling.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...side-your-home
Quote:

If you have to travel (for example, to work or school), think about how and when you travel
To reduce demand on the public transport network, you should walk or cycle wherever possible. If you have to use public transport, you should try to avoid peak times.

Employers should consider staggering working hours, expanding bicycle storage facilities, providing changing facilities and providing car parking.

Sephiroth 17-05-2020 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36035423)
Are they the vile Lycra clad idiots or just normal people having a bike ride?

My disdain is aimed at the assertive Lycra clad idiots.

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36035428)

No they're not. They're out with a vengeance.

ianch99 17-05-2020 14:13

You could imagine this thread title as a Daily Mail headline ... says it all really.

papa smurf 17-05-2020 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36035435)
You could imagine this thread title as a Daily Mail headline ... says it all really.

Don't read it myself but if you enjoy reading it enjoy.

Maggy 17-05-2020 16:09

We've had an influx of motorbikes and scooters in the village this afternoon. Suddenly living in a seaside village is losing it's shine.

papa smurf 17-05-2020 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36035454)
We've had an influx of motorbikes and scooters in the village this afternoon. Suddenly living in a seaside village is losing it's shine.

I live at the seaside and i can go to the beach any time i like,so i have no problem with those less fortunate coming for a day out,we always get lots of bikers and scooter riders coming to town and given that people have been locked away for so long i think they deserve a day out.

Taf 17-05-2020 18:49

Cardiff centre is having a revamp to make more space for the MAMILs. They said at first it was to widen pavements to allow social distancing, then the bike lanes started to appear taking up the bus lanes. That means buses will have to stop in the only lane left, and block a major route through the city. Sustrans and the Greens are behind this I'm sure.

I just wish they would stop them riding through the pedestrian zones (signs banning them have been up for years). And why did they put a NextBike depot right in the middle of the pedestrian area?

Mr K 17-05-2020 18:53

Quote:

As per the thread title.

They are the future mate, listen to the Govt. you support.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/p...-a4436311.html
Quote:

England’s commuters will need to walk, cycle and even scoot more as ongoing social distancing will force them to seek alternative forms of transport, the Government has announced.

Addressing Saturday's Downing Street press briefing Transport Secretary Grant Shapps unveiled a £2 billion travel scheme to “to put cycling and walking at the heart of our transport policy.”

Maggy 17-05-2020 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36035456)
I live at the seaside and i can go to the beach any time i like,so i have no problem with those less fortunate coming for a day out,we always get lots of bikers and scooter riders coming to town and given that people have been locked away for so long i think they deserve a day out.

I don't usually but today was really over the top. Social distancing became much harder than usual. The instruction about meeting one other adult not in your household was really being pushed to extremes as well.

Sephiroth 17-05-2020 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36035474)
They are the future mate, listen to the Govt. you support.

.... on their Brexit policy and the furlough scheme plus multiple others.

I hate the cyclist scourge.

jfman 17-05-2020 19:48

Stay home >>> Protect the public from an unsightly view of your ar.. >>> Save lives.

spiderplant 17-05-2020 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36035433)
My disdain is aimed at the assertive Lycra clad idiots.

Good to know you have nothing against assertive Lycra clad sensible cyclists :tu:

TheDaddy 17-05-2020 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36035428)
Just following "Guvmint’ guidelines... ;)

Can't see anything in those guidelines about meeting up with several other planks and make believe like a child that they're a Tour De France peloton.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36035490)
Stay home >>> Protect the public from an unsightly view of your ar.. >>> Save lives.

Save their life, be an awful pity if anything happened to any or all of them