Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Why duplicate EPG entries? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707148)

cheekyangus 10-12-2018 13:20

Why duplicate EPG entries?

I was just scrolling through the wider EPG (which I don't do often as I'm on Mix and don't get all the channels) and I noticed that there are duplicates of Crime+Investigation HD (222 & 272), Crime+Investigation SD (223 & 275) and Crime+Investigation+1 (224 & 295).

I know they did duplicates of various channels during the UKTV situation but those for the likes of Vice got removed again fairly quickly.

It's very odd. Is there are weird reason?

japitts 10-12-2018 14:42

Re: Why duplicate EPG entries?

There were a few people on the VM Forum with issues caused by recording from these duplicate channels having a 3month expiry.

RichardCoulter 10-12-2018 15:13

From what I remember these duplicates were added after the UKTV dispute.

It's very odd and it does confuse the V6 too as it thinks that they are different channels; you can see them duplicated in 'Planned Recordings'. I just delete them as it can cause unneccesary clashes.

SonicMaster 10-12-2018 16:53

I also posted about this issue recently, it's been going on far too long, with the other EPG changes happening I had expected this to be tidied up.

cheekyangus 02-02-2019 19:15

I've just noticed the 3 duplicate Crime+Investigation channels (i.e HD, SD and +1 on 272, 275 & 295) have finally been replaced with Channel Moved labels and information.

I never understood how they stuck around so long.

RichardCoulter 02-02-2019 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35981793)
I've just noticed the 3 duplicate Crime+Investigation channels (i.e HD, SD and +1 on 272, 275 & 295) have finally been replaced with Channel Moved labels and information.

I never understood how they stuck around so long.

Me neither, all I can think of is that they were testing the load on their system following the background changes made to make more efficient use of their capacity.

I don't know if they were separate channels or if they pointed to the same streams as the former duplicates that are still there.

Media Boy UK 04-02-2019 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 35974562)
I was just scrolling through the wider EPG (which I don't do often as I'm on Mix and don't get all the channels) and I noticed that there are duplicates of Crime+Investigation HD (222 & 272), Crime+Investigation SD (223 & 275) and Crime+Investigation+1 (224 & 295).

I know they did duplicates of various channels during the UKTV situation but those for the likes of Vice got removed again fairly quickly.

It's very odd. Is there are weird reason?

Today I found two EPG entries on my TiVo box "My Planned Recordings" for STV HD and one was in white and one was not for Friday (Feb 8th).

When I found that the EPG entries not in white was called Old STV HD. Look like Virgin are getting ready for local STV HD coming.