Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Thought TiVo didn't record the same thing twice? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707779)

RichardCoulter 13-06-2019 17:22

Thought TiVo didn't record the same thing twice?

This afternoon I found that the same prigramme (on series link) had been recorded three times in a row.

It originally wanted to record it on C4 AD, so I changed it to the mainstream channel. It's recorded it on C4, C4 AD and C4 +1 :confused:

OLD BOY 13-06-2019 17:24

Re: Thought TiVo didn't record the same thing twice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35999009)
This afternoon I found that the same prigramme (on series link) had been recorded three times in a row.

It originally wanted to record it on C4 AD, so I changed it to the mainstream channel. It's recorded it on C4, C4 AD and C4 +1 :confused:

Is your series link set to 'new only'?

ozsat 13-06-2019 17:29

It would help if you said what programme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35999009)

Taf 13-06-2019 17:43

I noticed yesterday that NCIS LA is set to record 3 times this week, 2 of them are early afternoon. And yes, the series is set to record "new only". ???

ozsat 13-06-2019 17:48

It will happen if the episode details are not provided - as TiVo will record all versions as it has no way of knowing if they are the same episodes.

I've also noticed it can do it if you happen to look while it is still updating the list. But check again an hour later and only one entry appears.

garethf1927 13-06-2019 18:52

It also does it if your SL is set to all channels and the show airs around midnight BST - you get a recording on SD, HD and +1

RichardCoulter 13-06-2019 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35999017)
It would help if you said what programme.

A Place In The Sun- Cannes.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 35999023)
It will happen if the episode details are not provided - as TiVo will record all versions as it has no way of knowing if they are the same episodes.

I've also noticed it can do it if you happen to look while it is still updating the list. But check again an hour later and only one entry appears.

Yes, that's true, but if you go back in the EPG (4pm) you'll see it didn't have a generic synopsis, but it looks like the episode details weren't supplied. Does it look at the synopsis or just episode details? If the latter, it's never done this before.

Stephen 13-06-2019 21:32

It's not the synopsis but the actual details. The episode would need to be flagged as new I think.

japitts 14-06-2019 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35999070)
It's not the synopsis but the actual details. The episode would need to be flagged as new I think.

Not quite, but close. The "first aired date" is gospel as far as the TiVo scheduler is concerned. I've had a couple of funnies recently where 2 different episodes of the same series were shown on the same day, and only one was then subsequently repeated... but basically, this date is what the TiVo runs on.

Or at least it was when I was last educated by those who know.