Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Schools and NHS could be held accountable over youth crime (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707548)

Maggy 01-04-2019 08:57

Schools and NHS could be held accountable over youth crime

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47768631

Quote:

Teachers, NHS workers and police officers could be held accountable for failing to spot violent crime among young people under government plans announced on Monday.

Home Secretary Sajid Javid has launched a consultation to assess whether there is a "public health duty" to report concerns over children at risk.
I'm incensed by this..Why don't we hold THIS government to account for the endless unrelenting austerity that sees all these people under resourced and underfunded? It's a good job that I have to watch my language here.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

denphone 01-04-2019 09:00

Re: Schools and NHS could be held accountable over youth crime

Typical of this government always absolving themselves of their responsibilities and making sure others get the blame instead.:(:td:

Carth 01-04-2019 09:54

Another great idea by those far removed from reality :dunce:

I'm sure it will be a massive boost to the recruitment of Teachers, NHS staff etc :rolleyes:

Halcyon 01-04-2019 10:00

Is this for real?!

I work in a school and my wife in the NHS and I can say the amount of education, safeguarding and help we give to young people goes above and beyond.

Yet another way to pass the blame whilst MP's relax in their villas abroad oblivious to the way the world really works.
It's time to completely scrap this whole government.

nomadking 01-04-2019 10:15

While May is totally inept and this is yet another example of it, Labour and the LibDems would make matters worse. Just look at the names and pictures of the culprits to see what the underlying problem is, and which governments have been disproportionately responsible for it.

Maggy 01-04-2019 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35989417)
While May is totally inept and this is yet another example of it, Labour and the LibDems would make matters worse. Just look at the names and pictures of the culprits to see what the underlying problem is, and which governments have been disproportionately responsible for it.

It's THIS government that's under discussion and it's their suggestion not the previous governments.

nomadking 01-04-2019 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35989437)
It's THIS government that's under discussion and it's their suggestion not the previous governments.

The culprits haven't suddenly materialised out of nowhere. The actions and inactions of the past affect the present and future.

denphone 01-04-2019 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35989440)
The culprits haven't suddenly materialised out of nowhere. The actions and inactions of the past affect the present and future.

We are not talking about the past though as we are talking about the present day government unless you want to pretend that some of their policies and their decisions from those policies don't actually do any damage across the country.

Maggy 01-04-2019 12:39

Seriously? More whataboutism? I'm incensed as a teacher that professional colleagues will be legally liable for missing some student involved in knife crime when they are already overworked and under resourced when their job is to EDUCATE not police their students.

Carth 01-04-2019 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35989442)
I'm incensed as a teacher that professional colleagues will be legally liable for missing some student involved in knife crime when they are already overworked and under resourced when their job is to EDUCATE not police their students.

:clap:

papa smurf 01-04-2019 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35989442)
Seriously? More whataboutism? I'm incensed as a teacher that professional colleagues will be legally liable for missing some student involved in knife crime when they are already overworked and under resourced when their job is to EDUCATE not police their students.

They have plenty of time to police haircuts clothing and shoes :shrug:

nomadking 01-04-2019 13:38

I would really like to know SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY, what the Police or anybody else could do in order to prevent any incident. A 10 fold increase in Police numbers wouldn't solve a thing. They can't be everywhere, or is everybody going to be provided with multiple 24/7 bodyguards?

Basicially it's TOO late to solve it. The damage has been done.

Taf 01-04-2019 15:35

Smacking is about to be made illegal in Wales. So that is another reason we are going to see more feral kids in the future IMHO. Discipline should be the parents' responsibility, not teachers or police, but so may parents were undisciplined that that's unlikely to happen.

Maggy 01-04-2019 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35989448)
They have plenty of time to police haircuts clothing and shoes :shrug:

Which is part of preparing students for real life in the workplace.

mrmistoffelees 01-04-2019 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35989450)
I would really like to know SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY, what the Police or anybody else could do in order to prevent any incident. A 10 fold increase in Police numbers wouldn't solve a thing. They can't be everywhere, or is everybody going to be provided with multiple 24/7 bodyguards?

Basicially it's TOO late to solve it. The damage has been done.

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a considerable effort by the Police to repair as much of the damage as possible and to minimize any further damage. Perhaps their needs to be consideration of resource deployment etc.

budget dependencies/prioritization of course.

The teacher/NHS part is nonsense.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35989472)
Which is part of preparing students for real life in the workplace.

Got to disagree on this one, if this is still being done it's archaic.