Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   200M : Possible to have stand alone Broadband? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707653)

ultimate 03-05-2019 16:09

Possible to have stand alone Broadband?

Is it possible to have Virgin Broadband as a stand alone service without phone or TV? At the moment I have BB200 FH TV and Phone and I am thinking of getting rid of the phone and TV as I do not use it much, if it is possible any idea roughly how much the BB is going to cost me?

Thanks

BenMcr 03-05-2019 16:14

Re: Possible to have stand alone Broadband?

Yes, it's possible https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bro...broadband-only

pip08456 03-05-2019 16:58

Crazy way to do it.
e.g.
50Mb £37.00pm without phone.

50Mb £27.00pm with phone. You don't even have to plug a phone into the line.

BenMcr 03-05-2019 17:13

VIVID 50 Broadband + Phone is £44 a month - there is a 12 month new customer discount that makes it £27

Broadband on it's own doesn't currently have a introductory discount.

General Maximus 03-05-2019 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate (Post 35993384)
Is it possible to have Virgin Broadband as a stand alone service without phone or TV? At the moment I have BB200 FH TV and Phone and I am thinking of getting rid of the phone and TV as I do not use it much, if it is possible any idea roughly how much the BB is going to cost me?

Thanks

as the others have eluded to the system is very backwards, it is going to be the same price if not cheaper for you to keep the phone and/or tv. I have had a bb/phone/tv bundle for donkeys years with three different models of set top boxes but none of them have ever been connected or used. We use the phone and BB from Virgin and have tv from Sky. We keep the Virgin tv on the package because it works out cheaper.

ultimate 06-05-2019 10:54

You are right Maximus, thank you all for your inputs.

linwelin 06-05-2019 23:01

does that price include line rental?

General Maximus 07-05-2019 08:31

I don't think you pay line rental with BB, only for phone. Either way though, whatever the advertised price is for BB is the only price you pay so if you do pay some form of line rental it is included in the price.

gunner45 11-05-2019 20:24

Note that 350Mbps is not available in all areas, and that 500Mbps is only available as part of the quad play V.VID bundle.

pip08456 11-05-2019 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35993978)
I don't think you pay line rental with BB, only for phone. Either way though, whatever the advertised price is for BB is the only price you pay so if you do pay some form of line rental it is included in the price.

Can't remember if it was OFCOM or the ASA who decided line rental had to become part of the total price.

Anyone now taking BB from any ISP does not pay a separate line rental on top of the quoted price.

Aye Up 15-05-2019 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35994548)
Can't remember if it was OFCOM or the ASA who decided line rental had to become part of the total price.

Anyone now taking BB from any ISP does not pay a separate line rental on top of the quoted price.

ASA made the ruling, as they felt the separation of costs was misleading, given you would see a cheap headline price for the broadband, but would then be stung with the line rental.