Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Retention Dept gone? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707652)

ultimate 03-05-2019 17:03

Retention Dept gone?

I phone up VM retention Dept to ask for renewal of discount, although I pressed the right key to select retention, it was nothing but the usual customer service and they said retention dept is no more, thus they are unable to renew any discounts.

Is that true? Can somebody point me to correct play to get discounts? Or is discount a thing of the past?

Mr K 03-05-2019 17:05

Re: Retention Dept gone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate (Post 35993380)
I phone up VM retention Dept to ask for renewal of discount, although I pressed the right key to select retention, it was nothing but the usual customer service and they said retention dept is no more, thus they are unable to renew any discounts.

Is that true? Can somebody point me to correct play to get discounts? Or is discount a thing of the past?

Ring up to cancel and they will appear, by magic ;)

OLD BOY 03-05-2019 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimate (Post 35993380)

Maybe they are toughening up on discounts. The whole system is ridiculous. They should stop copying Sky and set a reasonable price in the first place, then stick to it.

Mr K 03-05-2019 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35993389)
Maybe they are toughening up on discounts. The whole system is ridiculous. They should stop copying Sky and set a reasonable price in the first place, then stick to it.

Cripes I agree.

OLD BOY 03-05-2019 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35993397)
Cripes I agree.

Double cripes! There's not even a crack in the sky!

Mind you, it is cloudy here...

StevenNT 04-05-2019 17:13

I hope it's not really gone, and that call hander was just fibbing.

Horizon 04-05-2019 17:42

For years, I took the "moral" high ground and never phoned for discounts, as I thought it was unethical, while all all along reading posts here about people getting great discounts.

One day I thought to myself, what, as with most business', VM are overcharging for their products and the discounted price is closer to the true price? I then phoned up retentions and never looked back. :)

These days I think the discounted prices are overcharged too! :D

Mr K 04-05-2019 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35993591)
For years, I took the "moral" high ground and never phoned for discounts, as I thought it was unethical, while all all along reading posts here about people getting great discounts.

One day I thought to myself, what, as with most business', VM are overcharging for their products and the discounted price is closer to the true price? I then phoned up retentions and never looked back. :)

These days I think the discounted prices are overcharged too! :D

It's obviously a very profitable way for VM to operate. Most don't haggle so vastly overpay. If they do there is sufficient margin to discount and still make a profit/retain custom.

Retention is everything, so there's always a retention dept. Think they only work office hours, so the OP might have got through to normal CS who will give nothing. Either ring back, or cancel and they'll contact you, sharpish !

lonespeaker 04-05-2019 19:38

My mum phoned VM and pressed the options for retentions and got through to normal foreign customer services, so it's possible they have gone.

dodgem22 04-05-2019 19:57

I spoke to them this morning they still exist as a department I phoned at 11 ish

Ddonald2016 05-05-2019 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgem22 (Post 35993610)
I spoke to them this morning they still exist as a department I phoned at 11 ish

Retentions does exist but sometimes only if you ask, on VVIP FMC handle everything

jfman 05-05-2019 12:51

A truly effective retentions department isn’t one that’s openly discussed on Internet forums are dishing out deals right, left and centre to anyone that asks for a deal.

It’s supposed to exist to retain those who genuinely intend to leave. I’d not be surprised if they operate on a “call back” basis a day or two after notice is given.

daveoc14 05-05-2019 12:52

As a matter of interest is 'Retentions' the department you speak to if you phone and click thru the options to 'I'm thinking of leaving'?.

jfman 05-05-2019 12:53

Not ordinarily, someone tries to fob you off first (in my experience managing two contracts for a few years now).

ultimate 05-05-2019 15:34

I will try to ring "retentions" again early tomorrow morning to see if I get UK or India. The Indians did say there is no discount available despite one before said said there will be. One of them was fibbing.