Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

zing_deleted 04-10-2005 15:53

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod
Banlieue 13
Very enjoyable! :D

That looks like a good action movie only I cant handle reading subs :(

sir_drinks_alot 04-10-2005 21:36

Goal!

Middle of the road sports movie that football fans will love 10/10 :)

Mal 07-10-2005 20:38

Serenity

Enjoyed this spinoff from Firefly.

9/10 :)

Tezcatlipoca 09-10-2005 23:45

Gremlins -

Absolute classic. 9/10

Gladiator (Special Extended Edition DVD) -

The new version of Ridley Scott's epic is even better than the theatrical version. Great stuff! 9/10

marky 09-10-2005 23:47

Gremlins, have you been watching my kids raiding my pc gear :Yikes:

me283 10-10-2005 00:00

Had a chance to catch up on watching some DVDs this week. Watched a couple of Japanese ones forst. One was not memorable but the other was a classic called Yojimbo. It's black and white and was apparently the inspiration for "A Fistful Of Dollars". Not bad, but poor picture quality.

Next, "Mulholland Drive", a very intriguing David Lynch film. Very good if you like that sort of thing, very David Lynch. I'm still thinking about it now.

Finally, the legendary "Withnail And I" starring Richard E. Grant and Paul McGann. Just an absolute classic and I cannot rate it highly enough.

Tezcatlipoca 10-10-2005 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by me283
Had a chance to catch up on watching some DVDs this week. Watched a couple of Japanese ones forst. One was not memorable but the other was a classic called Yojimbo. It's black and white and was apparently the inspiration for "A Fistful Of Dollars". Not bad, but poor picture quality.

"Yojimbo" is excellent :tu:

Directed by Akira Kurosawa.

He also made, amongst others, the awesome "The Seven Samurai" (which was the basis for "The Magnificent Seven").

me283 10-10-2005 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
"Yojimbo" is excellent :tu:

Directed by Akira Kurosawa.

He also made, amongst others, the awesome "The Seven Samurai" (which was the basis for "The Magnificent Seven").

Yes, I saw that in the screen notes. Very influential guy. Also the lead actor was superb - Toshiro Mifune - was superb. Apparently he was the leading light of Japanese actors for many years.

chris_mc_1266 10-10-2005 00:32

Without A Paddle (15) On Ntl On Demand £3.50 5/10

The Free Preview Made It Look Brill But Boooo Could Have Been A Lot Better sorry Guys

Also

Shirley Valantine (12) On Ntl On Demand £1.50 8/10

This movie is for everyone absolutley Fab and hey look at the price. Can anyone complain?.

abailey152 10-10-2005 01:08

"Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" on DVD - 7/10 but I did like the books!
"The Island" - 8/10
"Stealth" - 3/10 Like Top Gun but with worse acting!
"Mr & Mrs Smith" - 8/10 Quite good, better than I had hoped.

Gareth 10-10-2005 02:19

The new Wallace & Gromit movie - it's a laugh-a-minute :tu: Highly recommended. The kids will love it, but there's some nicely hidden adult jokes there too.

...and it's a Brit film, so go see it even if it's just to support the UK film industry :)

Aragorn 10-10-2005 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gareth
The new Wallace & Gromit movie - it's a laugh-a-minute :tu: Highly recommended. The kids will love it, but there's some nicely hidden adult jokes there too.

...and it's a Brit film, so go see it even if it's just to support the UK film industry :)

What Gareth said - just see it! 'May contain nuts' will never be the same again!!

handyman 10-10-2005 11:33

Back to the future (1985)

Fantastic film, enjoyed it for the umpteenth time just as much as the first time I saw it. 10/10

akane1984 10-10-2005 11:34

Nightwatch. . this is part of a trilogy and i can't wait for the next 2 parts. nice to see some international films gettin into a america dominated market. very good film and for what it cost £4.5m . . . it has just as good SFX as matrix or lord of rings. good vs evil films always kick ass :angel:

i give it 9/10

Maggy 10-10-2005 12:52

Serenity.It was all I expected and more..They also weren't afraid to kill off major characters which is exceptionally brave of them if there are to be any follow ups.

9/10