Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Mal 30-07-2005 23:28

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlin
I watched Clerks last night for the first time in years.

Great film, very funny, a lot of good life advice (if you look beneath the course language :) ). filmed on a very low budget though :)

Best line?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Bob
There are many beautiful women in this world, but not all of them bring you lasagne at work

I watched that again last week. Funny film :)

Best line
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randal Graves
My mom's been f****n' a dead guy for 30 years. I call him dad.

Plus my sig...

Angua 31-07-2005 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymoan
that film is so funny we got the pc game for the *cough* kids :D

I get all in a muddle trying to control the characters. My 6 year old manages no prob.

Incredibles. Brilliant film for all the family!:tu::tu::tu:

Tezcatlipoca 02-08-2005 23:54

Finding Nemo - Excellent. Didn't enjoy it quite as much as The Incredibles, but still very good.

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Great stuff! Another top Tim Burton movie.

iron25 03-08-2005 00:54

Stealth :erm: A pretty poor run of the mill film if you ask me and rather corny as well. 4/10 :td:

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka :) A pretty good blaxploitation spoof film of the 80s. Plenty more laughs in it than the so-called comedies that they release nowadays. 7/10 :tu:

marky 03-08-2005 00:55

just watched alien v predator

the story was fine but the movie itself was a bit of a letdown 6/10:p:

iron25 03-08-2005 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by markymoan
just watched alien v predator

the story was fine but the movie itself was a bit of a letdown 6/10:p:

I agree that the movie was lame and could've been so much better. When the alien first appeared and killed the predator it promised so much but that was the only highlight of the entire film.

marky 03-08-2005 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron25
I agree that the movie was lame and could've been so much better. When the alien first appeared and killed the predator it promised so much but that was the only highlight of the entire film.

if they had put that bit more into it rather than dwelling on the 10 min piramid change and that it would have bin exellent:D

Stuart 03-08-2005 01:09

Batman begins: Good cast, excellent film. It's a bit slow in the beginning, however and I still prefer Micheal Keaton as Batman. Not that Christian Bale isn't' good..

Maggy 05-08-2005 00:43

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.10/10 :tu:

Jonny Depp IS Willy Wonka and Burton has pulled it off again.The child actors are all excellent as are the adults cast.

I actually left the cinema with a smile on my face..something I've not done for a VERY long time. :D

marky 05-08-2005 01:34

just watched I robot again its strange but good 8/10 :)

zing_deleted 05-08-2005 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas

Jonny Depp IS Willy Wonka and Burton has pulled it off again.The child actors are all excellent as are the adults cast.

I actually left the cinema with a smile on my face..something I've not done for a VERY long time. :D

agreed,Very different second half of the film than original but its closer to the book by all accounts,I missed the floaty lemonade :D

Tim burtons new film also has Depp and Helena Bonham Carter,looks really funny ,Its a puppet show film like Nightmare Before Christmas and its called Corpse Bride

http://corpsebridemovie.warnerbros.com/

SMHarman 05-08-2005 09:20

Girl Next Door - a bad rip off of Risky Business, even down to the background orchestral arrangement. Great for 16 year old boys, some amusing twists, but the lead geek and pron star, lets face it the two of them was a non-starter from the outset.

Mal 07-08-2005 21:40

The Hunted

I thought that it was a strange film. I thought that the fight scenes were okayish, but it didn't really explain what made him kill the park rangers and the hunters. He said that those deer hunters were after him, but we never found out why?

Forgot to mention School of Rock.

Was I the only one who found Jack Black annoying in it?

Chimaera 07-08-2005 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas

Yes - 10/10 from me - and I WANT an Ooompa Looompa!! :D
Mind you, they had a trailer for Wallace and Gromit and the Were-Rabbit - now that looks like a good film! :D

Marge 07-08-2005 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera
Yes - 10/10 from me - and I WANT an Ooompa Looompa!! :D
Mind you, they had a trailer for Wallace and Gromit and the Were-Rabbit - now that looks like a good film! :D

Definately agree on everything there but I want Willy Wonka as well, not being greedy, just like a lot ;)