Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

dilli-theclaw 10-07-2005 21:07

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky
Incidently, are they hiring where you work ;)

I'll let you know when ;):)

Stuart 10-07-2005 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
At work today :)

Seven - 8/10 - Just for a change a film I actually thought was quite good :)

Resavoir Dogs - 6/10 - MMMmmm yeah.....

(I've got a stack of a fair few dvd's to get through this week so expect loads more scores :))

Well, I would rate Reservior dogs about 8, and Seven less than 4..

Didn't like Seven because I guessed the "surprise" ending half way through the film.

bopdude 13-07-2005 00:23

Fantastic 4, not bad for a bit of escapism, good speacial effects though they were sometimes a bit scarce :( over-all 6/10

swoop101 13-07-2005 06:44

Madagascar, very funny film. 9/10
Kids love it, I found lots of little 'adult' humour bits added in as well.

The song 'I like to move it' by Sacha Baron Cohen is doing my head in.
(from the soundtrack album by the way)

bopdude 13-07-2005 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by swoop101
Madagascar, very funny film. 9/10
Kids love it, I found lots of little 'adult' humour bits added in as well.

The song 'I like to move it' by Sacha Baron Cohen is doing my head in.
(from the soundtrack album by the way)

Yeah, watched it the other night ;) very funny, and the 'bits' of humour, subtle but funny .. lol

Hi ya mate :tu:

Aragorn 13-07-2005 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude
Yeah, watched it the other night ;) very funny, and the 'bits' of humour, subtle but funny .. lol

Hi ya mate :tu:

I'm with Swoop and Bopdude on Madagascar - had me in tears of laughter in places. The penguins were my fave.

I would like to add that Swoop, Bopdude and I are not actually residing in Madagascar at the moment :D

swoop101 13-07-2005 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn
I would like to add that Swoop, Bopdude and I are not actually residing in Madagascar at the moment :D

More is the pity. :(

Tezcatlipoca 18-07-2005 00:50

Equilibrium

8/10. Very good SF action film starring Christian "Batman" Bale, with some brilliant fight scenes. Better IMO than the Matrix sequels.

Enemy of the State

8/10. Great conspiracy thriller from Tony Scott, starring Will Smith & the ever excellent Gene Hackman.

Crimson Tide

7.5/10. Another Tony Scott thriller, with Hackman again plus Denzel Washington. Good sub movie.

Goodfellas

9/10. Scorsese's mafia masterpiece. One of the best gangster movies ever, with a top notch cast, including De Niro, Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, & more.

Halcyon 18-07-2005 01:09

The Butterfly Effect

Interesting movie, lots of flashbacks and changes that go on in this movie all about a guy who can change his understanding of life events after having blackouts. Chilling, thriller, paranormal, and full of action.

iron25 18-07-2005 01:56

The Descent 3/10: The first 50 minutes are an absolute waste of time, so set your alarm and catch up on some sleep. Once the killing starts it gets slightly better but not by much. It basically turns into a big slasher movie and one of the lasses is one mean bad-ass motherf... I expected it to be more chilling than just plain killing. Reason it got as much as 3 was because of the gore :)

War Of The Worlds (The Original) 7/10: A 53 year old film that is a lot more enjoyable then the new version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon
The Butterfly Effect

Interesting movie, lots of flashbacks and changes that go on in this movie all about a guy who can change his understanding of life events after having blackouts. Chilling, thriller, paranormal, and full of action.

Which ending did you see?

bopdude 21-07-2005 01:08

Herbie, brilliant, good fun for all ............. 8/10 :tu:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron25

War Of The Worlds (The Original) 7/10: A 53 year old film that is a lot more enjoyable then the new version.

I'll agree to that :tu:

Raistlin 21-07-2005 02:57

I watched Clerks last night for the first time in years.

Great film, very funny, a lot of good life advice (if you look beneath the course language :) ). filmed on a very low budget though :)

Best line?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Bob
There are many beautiful women in this world, but not all of them bring you lasagne at work

Steve H 28-07-2005 00:31

Past couple of weeks i've seen...

War of the worlds, The Descent, and Wedding crashers... respectively.

Wedding crashers come out number 1 by a mile. 10/10 tbh, it's hilarious, and can't say i've laughed as much as I did in a cinema for ages, keeps you on the ball all the way through and I could probably go to watch it again.

Descent was pretty good, not as scary as I would of liked it to of been tbh, - the scariest bit imo was when she actually got stuck crawling through a tight tunnel... claustraphobic ;)

War of the worlds. Throughogly enjoyed - probably only 7/10 though. Effects were cool, but never have seen the original so can't really compare :(

Tezcatlipoca 31-07-2005 00:17

Watched "Face/Off", "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl", & "Red Dragon" last weekend.

Seen them all before, but they're all great & easily films you can watch again.

Face/Off... John Woo's best Holywood movie. Awesome.

Pirates of the Caribbean... Excellent. [And, to anyone who liked PotC: go hunt down "Savage Islands" (aka "Nate & Hayes"). Excellent, yet overlooked, piratey swashbuckling action adventure from 1983, starring Tommy Lee Jones].

Red Dragon... Hopkins is excellent as Lector, again. Not as good as "Silence of the Lambs", but still a very good thriller.

Tonight I watched...

"The Incredibles".

First time I've seen it. Loved it! Great fun, really funny...a brilliant Pixar film.

marky 31-07-2005 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D

Tonight I watched...

"The Incredibles".

First time I've seen it. Loved it! Great fun, really funny...a brilliant Pixar film.

that film is so funny we got the pc game for the *cough* kids :D