Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Nugget 11-04-2005 14:42

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
'The Grudge'

Should have renamed it 'The Crap'.

I watched this the other night. Did you know that the original translation of the title was 'The Steaming Great Jobbie', but apparently it didn't fit on the posters!

Saw Sahara at the cinema yesterday - totally Indiana Jones-lite, but a good way to waste a couple of hours. 7/10

mrlipring 11-04-2005 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn
Took the kids to see Valiant yesterday.

Short & sweet - made me laugh, some good cameos from Ricky Gervais, John Cleese, etc. One to see if you've got kids and a couple of hours to kill.

Two birds, one stone.

Kill the kids, drag it out so it lasts two hours.

Last thing i saw was Be Cool. Biggest big-budget lot of **** i've seen in a long time. What were the stars thinking? IT's just awful. Dialogue's crap, acting's ropey (probably down to the script, mind - the actors involved, i have respect for) and it's just a waste of 2 hours of my life. I could've spent those two hours murdering children like aragorn.

STONEISLAND 11-04-2005 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
.Layer Cake - good film but confusing with all the double crossing, very surprising ending, didn't see it coming.

I'm so glade you said that thought it was just me. I thought it was a very good film but hard to follow.

8/10

Tezcatlipoca 11-04-2005 23:58

Dark City

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0118929/

From Alex Proyas, the director of "The Crow"

Not seen it in ages. Forgotten how great it is. 8/10 :D

iron25 12-04-2005 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by humphreys barmy
The Ring 2..........Total rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree, it was awful compared to the first one. However, the fact that naomi watts is in it makes up for its dreadfulness :)

I recently watched Birth & White Noise and both are just as bad. I can't believe that people can rate these films as good when they clearly aren't but hey, there's no accounting for taste :) I had to fast forward through alot of Birth because it was just so boring and how they can think anyone would believe that a grown woman would fall in love with a 10 year old boy simply because she thinks he's her dead husband :erm:

Sin City - 6/10: It's not as good as some people will lead you to believe however it is enjoyable but it is about 20 mins too long as it starts to get boring near the end, a bit shorter and it would have scored higher. Now I can't believe I'm writing this but IMO Mickey Rourke stole the show :Yikes: His character was the most interesting and funny and he played it very well, hopefully this won't be a trend he keeps up because I can't stand the guy. I didn't expect all the violence but it kept my interest :D The biggest problem I have with the film is that there is no real storyline, it's just three different stories that happen to span a similar time frame in Sin City but expect several sequels.

Now I've seen a fair few films over the past months but none have come close to matching the quality of Seabiscuit. If you haven't seen it, do yourselve a favour and watch it, it is a brilliant film 10/10 :)

Gareth 12-04-2005 00:36

Just sat through The Ring (1st one not 2nd one) on Sky...

/me is still scratching head a lot :dunce:

zing_deleted 12-04-2005 00:36

Lemony Snickets A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Jim carrey Rocks excellent film for all ages except very young

mrlipring 12-04-2005 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron25
Now I can't believe I'm writing this but IMO Mickey Rourke stole the show :Yikes:

He's been great in a few things recently.

Spun was excellent, and he shone, man on fire was also brilliant, and he was good in it, and while once upon a time in mexico was pretty dull, mickey rourke was good in it.

Tezcatlipoca 09-05-2005 00:07

Collateral

Wasn't sure about this at first (Tom Cruise annoys me), but it really is very good.

Well made, with a very good cast (Cruise is actually really good as a bad-guy, & he & Foxx are great together).

Although I think the ending wasn't as good as the rest of the film.

But definitely worth a watch :tu:

xXx 2: The Next Level (aka State of the Union)

Sequel to the Vin Diesel action spy film, but with Ice Cube instead of Diesel.

Stupid. Extremely stupid.

But...fun to watch, if you're not looking for anything deep or clever.

Lots of action, lots of things blowing up. And there's a funny set-piece with a tank & an aircraft carrier catapult...

wlm 10-05-2005 18:39

xXx 2: The Next Level

Mal 10-05-2005 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlm
xXx 2: The Next Level

...and what did you think of it? ;) :)

wlm 10-05-2005 18:42

its okay too american espically wen a chasing after the bullet train i mean i wat the hell how can that possibly happen

dilli-theclaw 19-05-2005 15:49

Cube Zero - 7/10 - Not nearly as bad as I expected and better than no.2

Species III - 4/10 - Crap. (nuff said ;))

When Worlds Collide - 10/10 - Old, but sheer brilliance. (Now if only I had forbidden planet on DVD)

ZrByte 19-05-2005 16:31

Starwars Episode III - If you go and see one film this year go and see this. Gets into the action right from the start and is the darker more dramatic starwars that the two previous films never lived upto.

Chris 19-05-2005 16:43

Hitchhiker's ...

Very good, thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt happier with the significant departures from the radio series and the book knowing that the script was by Douglas Adams. It is definitely a 'based on' rather than an adaption, but even so some of the lines from the original have translated almost directly to the film and they're just deliciously well done.

The overall impression I got was very Pythonesque, especially as it starts with a choral piece called 'So long, and thanks for all the fish!' that reminded me very much of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

The bloke next to me was lapping it up and was obviously a major H2G2 nut. Mrs T knows nothing of the books isn't really a Douglas Adams fan. She said she thought it was 'quite amusing' but she would categorise it as 'worth renting the DVD' rather than 'deinitely see it at the cinema'.