Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 26-09-2004 01:02

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard M
Full Metal Jacket
A great movie, the most memorable part is when that guy goes crazy and shoots his instructor, after that it's your typical war movie.
Black Hawk Down is better, and more realistic.

I love FMJ! A top Kubrick movie :tu: :D

R Lee Ermey's Drill Sergeant is great. Some classic quotes :D

Richard M 26-09-2004 01:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
R Lee Ermey's Drill Sergeant is great. Some classic quotes :D

:rofl: "I'll cut your head off and **** down your neck!"... :erm: :disturbd:

SOSAGES 28-09-2004 08:58

i only enjoyed the first half of FMJ

MovedGoalPosts 28-09-2004 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble
If I remember rightly, I saw a documentary on this while in the US this summer. The original story is a single female diver who was stuck out there for a couple of days. She was a documentary maker or something and as part of it they took her back to swim with sharks again.

Sorry just spotted this. As far as I can recall, the actual events of the divers dying was in Aussie. As ever the US is making the film so they've made it all closer to home and filmed it somehere in the Carribean. It may well be that as you say one of the film makers also had a lost by the boat experience.

Anyway, back to the film reviews. Surprised noone in this thread has mentioned they've been watching Star Wars given the reent release of DVDs (OK there was a thread dedicated to the DVD, but we do like a bit of duplication on this board :dozey: )

etccarmageddon 30-09-2004 12:31

Shaun of the Dead - 9 out of 10 - at last a film made here that isnt crap!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 12:33

I saw sky captain last night - but I can'd decide if i like it or not!!!!

So for now 5/10 - maybe to be changed after I watch it again :)

Nugget 30-09-2004 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovedGoalPosts
Anyway, back to the film reviews. Surprised noone in this thread has mentioned they've been watching Star Wars given the reent release of DVDs (OK there was a thread dedicated to the DVD, but we do like a bit of duplication on this board :dozey: )

Well, seeing as you mentioned it ;) , I've been watching all 3 over the last few days, and can safely report that they all get 10/10 :tu:

I'll also give 10/10 to the documentary on the bonus disk as well, 'cos it's brill!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Well, seeing as you mentioned it ;) , I've been watching all 3 over the last few days, and can safely report that they all get 10/10 :tu:

I'll also give 10/10 to the documentary on the bonus disk as well, 'cos it's brill!

I've only managed to watch Star Wars : A new hope and the bonus disc so far :)

I was very impressed with the bonus disc.

Star Wars was very good - but I did find a couple of flaws with the sound track (creative decisions rather than physical problems) so I'd only give it a 9/10....

etccarmageddon 30-09-2004 12:54

it's a shame it's just the same 3 versions that were at the cinema in summer 1997. new money for old rope. still I suppose for you young people this will be your first time!

I even remember back in 1977 going to the flicks as a kid to see the original 'star wars' film. those were the days... the original movie without touch ups in a cinema where this 'usher' girl came up to me after I pressed the button on my watch to light it up and check the time. "if you use that touch again I'll throw you out"! These days you cant watch a film without some plonker on a mobile ruining it - perhaps that's why DVD is so popular.

I rate Star Wars from my viewing in the 1970s as 10 out of 10 due to the fact that I went back to see it again and as a kid at school if you had only seen it once you were a fool!

I rate the 1997 revamped versions as 10 out of 10.

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
it's a shame it's just the same 3 versions that were at the cinema in summer 1997. new money for old rope. still I suppose for you young people this will be your first time!

Although they are extremely similar to the 1997 release they are NOT the same.

Quote:

I rate Star Wars from my viewing in the 1970s as 10 out of 10 due to the fact that I went back to see it again and as a kid at school if you had only seen it once you were a fool!

I rate the 1997 revamped versions as 10 out of 10.

They are good no doubt - but I get the impression that they are not going to stay the same for the 2007 release that lucas has planned....

etccarmageddon 30-09-2004 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
They are good no doubt - but I get the impression that they are not going to stay the same for the 2007 release that lucas has planned....

what!!! another revamp in 2007!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 14:26

Quote:

what!!! another revamp in 2007!

..and a release in HDTV format.

SMHarman 30-09-2004 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
..and a release in HDTV format.

30th aniversary edition!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMHarman
30th aniversary edition!

The 'I've now finished all the films so how much do I need to change the old ones to fit in edition' ;)

SOSAGES 01-10-2004 09:44

hopefully by then we will all have TV's capable of showing HDTV :)