Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Hugh 23-01-2010 13:10

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Starship Troopers:Marauder

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Really, don't waste nearly two hours of your life that you'll never get back - even though I was watching it late at night, with two large glasses of malt, and it had Jolene Blalock in it, and we finally got the powered armour from the original book (for about two minute at the end), it is complete and utter dreck (I enjoyed the original film).

Hopefully, going to see Sherlock Holmes this evening will restore my faith in film-makers.

ZrByte 23-01-2010 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34950515)
Starship Troopers:Marauder

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Really, don't waste nearly two hours of your life that you'll never get back - even though I was watching it late at night, with two large glasses of malt, and it had Jolene Blalock in it, and we finally got the powered armour from the original book (for about two minute at the end), it is complete and utter dreck (I enjoyed the original film).

Hopefully, going to see Sherlock Holmes this evening will restore my faith in film-makers.

I enjoyed the film mostly, It wont go winning any awards but it was much better than sequel. That is until the last 30 mins when the Christianity references which had been present throughout the film became a lot more than references.
I'd give it about 4/10, would have been 7/10 if it wasn't for them ruining the end.

As for Sherlock Holmes, I loved it. Downey Jr. makes the film much better than it could have been though so if you don't like him you may not like this.
I'd give it 9/10.

Hugh 23-01-2010 20:28

Sherlock Holmes - 6/10.

I enjoyed it, but it just seemed to lack something, didn't keep my full attention (I like RJD, and thought he was great in Iron Man).

cimt 23-01-2010 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34950747)
Sherlock Holmes - 6/10.

I enjoyed it, but it just seemed to lack something, didn't keep my full attention (I like RJD, and thought he was great in Iron Man).

Robert Jr. Downey? :erm::D I just finished watching it, I'd give it about an 8.

Hom3r 23-01-2010 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar (Post 34950747)
Sherlock Holmes - 6/10.

I enjoyed it, but it just seemed to lack something.

A British actor in the main role :D

CycoSymz 24-01-2010 08:40

Star Trek 9/10 Really liked this one. Loved the background stories for all the characters.

Peter_ 24-01-2010 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 34950819)
A British actor in the main role :D

Surprising Robert Downey jr actually worked in the role of Sherlock Holmes as it did in Chaplin, if they had put a English star into the role then the movie would not get the success at the US box office, and that is all that matters to the movie men.

Tezcatlipoca 24-01-2010 19:50

Iron Man

9/10. Still awesome.

dilli-theclaw 25-01-2010 15:51

Off to see Avatar 3d with me dad shortly - I'm almost excited :)

Hom3r 25-01-2010 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas T (Post 34951979)

It now only about £2m behind Titanic in the most cash made, not bad for a film thats not even 60 days old.

zing_deleted 25-01-2010 18:12

Its gonna start dropping out of the cinemas in the UK and I guess the US with Toy Story 2 in 3D showing soon . Dunno how many 3D screens your lots local cinemas have but round here its just one

Adn its about 168 million behind Titanic ;)

Thing is what would be a better way of doing the box office hits would be bums on seats ie tickets sold rather than money made. Look at Star Wars and remember how much a cinema ticket was in 1977 ;)

dilli-theclaw 25-01-2010 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas T (Post 34951979)

I enjoyed it a lot and am happy I went to see it :)

Stephen 26-01-2010 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by zing (Post 34952101)
Its gonna start dropping out of the cinemas in the UK and I guess the US with Toy Story 2 in 3D showing soon . Dunno how many 3D screens your lots local cinemas have but round here its just one

Adn its about 168 million behind Titanic ;)

Thing is what would be a better way of doing the box office hits would be bums on seats ie tickets sold rather than money made. Look at Star Wars and remember how much a cinema ticket was in 1977 ;)

My local Cineworld now has at least 3 screens converted for 3D so they will both stay around. Toy Story 2 3D is only out for 2 weeks anyway.

Toy Story 2 3D 9/10 Still a great laugh and 3D added a wholw new feeling to the film.

zing_deleted 26-01-2010 20:53

Avatar is now the highest grossing film in the world ever. Still not top in the US though. Apparently more people went to see Avatar in 2d last week than went to see Legion. In the UK it averaged 12 grand over the weekend per screen it was on

Awesome. Avatar is going to do for 3D what what the Jazz Singer did for talkies

budwieser 30-01-2010 15:42

I watched `The Firm` last night, The 2009 remake and it sucked big time. What sort of lanquage were they speaking in some scenes?:rolleyes:
1/10......:td: