Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Druchii 27-04-2008 22:10

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34539777)
Schindler's List - 11/10

Not much can be said, really - the unfolding horror of it all; the incomprehensible hatred one human can have for another, for the slightest of "reasons" :no:

Gotta agree there, saw it a few years back over a few history lessons, rather interesting.

Stuart 28-04-2008 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by greencreeper (Post 34539777)
Schindler's List - 11/10

Not much can be said, really - the unfolding horror of it all; the incomprehensible hatred one human can have for another, for the slightest of "reasons" :no:

It is an excellent film. Not particularly enjoyable (IMO) but that is, I think, an indication of how well it covers the more distiburing details of it's subject matter.

The last film I saw? 10,000 BC.

It's actually a lot like Stargate (the film minus the science fiction), also by Roland Emmerich. In a small way, the story also dovetails with the story of that film, but only because it is set around the time that the pyramids were constructed, and one of the characters hints that the people behind the pyramids weren't human.

Good points: Spectacular action scenes, and the scenes where they show the construction of the pyramids give an excellen sense of scale, both of the pyramids themselves and the number of people used in the construction.

Bad ponts: Takes an awful long time for anything remotely interesting to happen. My impantience wasn't helped by the fact that the cinema was full, and they hadn't even turned on the air vents, let alone the airconditioning. So, the room temperature was high.

6/10

greencreeper 28-04-2008 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C (Post 34539972)
It is an excellent film. Not particularly enjoyable (IMO) but that is, I think, an indication of how well it covers the more distiburing details of it's subject matter.

Not enjoyable at all - often deeply upsetting. The utter horror of the ash falling like snow.

Saaf_laandon_mo 28-04-2008 11:07

Outlaw (with Sean Bean and Danny Dyer) Utter rubbish, not helped by the fact that I waited up till well past 2am for anything interesting/exciting to happen. 1/10

Next (Nicolas Cage) This is probably his worst film to date, could have been so much better. Huge disappointment - 4/10

MovedGoalPosts 28-04-2008 12:12

I'm a Legend. Gets the thumbs up from me.

Interesting how you could see the influence of the original Charlton Heston version, yet it was quite different too. Nice to see how they also explained why he was one of so few survivors.

It may be of the same genre as movies such as 28 Weeks Later, but I'm a Legend is far superior.

TraxData 28-04-2008 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 34540088)

Interesting how you could see the influence of the original Charlton Heston version, yet it was quite different too. Nice to see how they also explained why he was one of so few survivors.

It may be of the same genre as movies such as 28 Weeks Later, but I'm a Legend is far superior.

You should really watch the alternative ending edition though, was much better and made alot more sense imo.

Druchii 28-04-2008 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraxData (Post 34540466)
You should really watch the alternative ending edition though, was much better and made alot more sense imo.

Where can i see that then?

Shadow Demon UK 28-04-2008 20:27

Quote:

I agree, the alternate ending is much better and makes much more sense.

Btw - you can see it here http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/...is-is-amazing/

trevortt 28-04-2008 21:05

Quote:

Google I AM Legend alternate ending and you will see it. Its much better, don't know why they changed it.

Tezcatlipoca 28-04-2008 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 34540088)

You should read the original novel by Richard Matheson - far superior to both the Will Smith & Charlton Heston movie adaptations :)

Although I do still like the movies.

kingbuxton 02-05-2008 22:20

Diary Of The Dead - HUGE, and I mean HUGE Romero fan. Didn't like it at all, to the point I cancelled my pre-order at Play. I willl give it another go as I am loath to dislike a Zombie film (NOTHING can beat Zombie films), let alone a Romero Zombie film, I hope it grabs me on second view.

alferret 02-05-2008 22:39

The Bank Job.

Excellent British gangster thriller, we have had a good couple of years for home grown films.
Anyway not as good as rise of the foot soldier but still very entertaining and robust performances from the stars.

8.5\10

Hugh 02-05-2008 23:54

Iron Man - 8/10.

Liked the irreverent humour, and the effects.

Music was good as well.

Tezcatlipoca 04-05-2008 01:27

9/10 from me for Iron Man. Loved it :D

Stephen 04-05-2008 01:40

Iron Man 10/10

Great cast and acting. Great story and action. Overall really great!

Best comicbook/Superhero movie ever!! Been twice to see it already :)