Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

ikthius 29-07-2007 18:11

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Harry Potter 3D @ imax Glasgow

fantastic.......

I dont read the books but I do like the films.

and the 3D was great, very impressive, although, more of it could have been in 3D, somebits were a bit fuzzy, I think they tried to make it to 3D, but still fantastic.

ik

Sirpingalot 30-07-2007 00:15

Haven't seen anything in 3D yet.. -.-

Went to watch Harry Potter and it was brilliant..not much more I can say as I'm too tired 8/10

bopdude 30-07-2007 00:59

The Simpsons Movie :( Sadly lacking and waaaay under the expected :( just average ( just ) 4 / 10 :(

Russ 30-07-2007 08:20

Hot Fuzz - 3/10.

Can't believe I paid £3.50 to rent this extremely overrated rubbish :td:

bopdude 30-07-2007 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34362240)
Hot Fuzz - 3/10.

Can't believe I paid £3.50 to rent this extremely overrated rubbish :td:

Mmmmm, I was disappointed with the film, again, everyone was on about this film being sooooooooooooo funny, it just didn't do it for me :(

fizgog 30-07-2007 08:52

Harry Potter Film 6/10, Book 10/10

Stuart 05-08-2007 22:15

Harry Potter at the IMAX London, which has the largest screen in Britain. To give you a rough idea, the screen is about 4 storeys tall.

Can't remember how much the tickets cost, as I booked them back in June, but IIRC, they were roughly in line with London cinema prices (so ,about £11 to £12). Large popcorn and coke for £3 each item.

Popcorn tasted microwaved, but was no better or worse than the popcorn at my local Vue cinema (and the prices were slightly lower, and the service considerably quicker).

The trailers were all presented in 3D, so we had lots of clips of dinousaurs poking their heads out of the screen, and walking over the camera, which caused most of the audience to jump. The 3D looked amazing and added real depth to the picture.

8/10

Then, on to the main film. It was amazing. It was exciting, possibly slightly scary for kids, and funny in places. The battle at the Ministry of Magic was presented in 3D, and, while in places, the two images weren't aligned properly, it did look amazing.

Oh, and the 12KW , 40 channel sound system meant it was loud and sounded amazing.

Sirpingalot 06-08-2007 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C (Post 34369079)
Harry Potter at the IMAX London, which has the largest screen in Britain. To give you a rough idea, the screen is about 4 storeys tall.

Can't remember how much the tickets cost, as I booked them back in June, but IIRC, they were roughly in line with London cinema prices (so ,about £11 to £12). Large popcorn and coke for £3 each item.

Popcorn tasted microwaved, but was no better or worse than the popcorn at my local Vue cinema (and the prices were slightly lower, and the service considerably quicker).

The trailers were all presented in 3D, so we had lots of clips of dinousaurs poking their heads out of the screen, and walking over the camera, which caused most of the audience to jump. The 3D looked amazing and added real depth to the picture.

8/10

Then, on to the main film. It was amazing. It was exciting, possibly slightly scary for kids, and funny in places. The battle at the Ministry of Magic was presented in 3D, and, while in places, the two images weren't aligned properly, it did look amazing.

Oh, and the 12KW , 40 channel sound system meant it was loud and sounded amazing.

So everything the opposite of the Odeon cinema on the Wirral? xD

Mr_love_monkey 06-08-2007 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart C (Post 34369079)
The 3D looked amazing and added real depth to the picture.

Told ya it was good! :D

tweetypie/8 06-08-2007 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 210980)
(thread idea lifted from another forum ;) :) )

Here goes......

Last night: "Underworld" (DVD) - good, better than I expected. I'd give it....7/10

Just finished watching: "Equilibrium" (DVD) - surprisingly very good. Good story, good cast, great action & fight scenes. Easily better than the awful Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions. Score: 8/10.

find me guilty,vin diesel forget about the tough guy image he usually portrays this guy can act !! brilliant film 9/10:D

lauzjp 06-08-2007 11:48

the latest fantastic 4 film, silver surfer - not usually my cup of tea, but once you get over the lame character / title, it's not that bad 8/10. in the same vein, spiderman 3 sent me to sleep. 1/10

mrmistoffelees 06-08-2007 11:59

Blood Diamond - Incredibly powerful and moving, based on a true story (Shame about Leonardo Di Caprio's iffy South African accent though)

Think somebody mentioned Equilibrium absoloutely fantastic film, Did not go down well at the cinema but has attraced a huge cult following.

For anyone who loves their dark, black comedys I can highly reccomend Fargo.

Jules 06-08-2007 12:51

Transformers 7/10

handyman 06-08-2007 13:07

Rataouille (sp) 6/10.

Most of the good bits were in the trailer. Kids would like it.

Tezcatlipoca 07-08-2007 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 34369305)
Think somebody mentioned Equilibrium absoloutely fantastic film, Did not go down well at the cinema but has attraced a huge cult following.

For anyone who loves their dark, black comedys I can highly reccomend Fargo.

Excellent films :tu:

"Equilibrium" is a favourite of mine. The "Gun Kata" is especially great :D Pity Kurt Wimmer's next movie, "UltraViolet" was so poor :(

"Fargo" is brilliant. If you like that, then I'd recommend "Blood Simple". I do like most of the Coen Brothers' other movies, but those two are definitely my favourites.