Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Freeview changes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708761)

cheekyangus 21-02-2020 23:07

Freeview changes

​Create & Craft is moving frequency on Wed 26th February. It's currently 7am-10pm on COM5.
Source:
https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1230975343634386945​

The space vacated by Hochanda when it decided it could afford 24hrs is my guess as to where it's going. 7pm-7am is currently free on SDN.

Media Boy UK 22-02-2020 20:32

Re: Freeview changes

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

-Old Hochanda slot on SDN (7pm to 7am only)
-Old TBN UK slot on COM5
-Old TJC slot on COM5
-Old 5Spike slot on COM6

All information right as of January 8th.

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

I think the following may happen on Freeview

-Hochanada may move to Sewing Street slot.

Both Sewing Street and Jewellery Maker may use other slot

re Jewellery Maker broadcasts as far as I know 8am to 10pm so can fix into Create and Craft slot.

This post is the views of Media Boy who do not work for any of the channels listed in this post.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36025420)
​The space vacated by Hochanda when it decided it could afford 24hrs is my guess as to where it's going. 7pm-7am is currently free on SDN.

But maybe you are right on the ball with this info. Roll on Wednesday.

Media Boy UK 24-02-2020 15:52

​Sewing Street is moving frequency on Wed 26th February.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewing Street on Facebook (Post 36025472)
Sewing Street will be moving channels on Wednesday afternoon. We will moving to a new channel called Shopping Quarter on Freeview 74

https://www.facebook.com/SewingStreetTV/

cheekyangus 24-02-2020 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36025596)
​Sewing Street is moving frequency on Wed 26th February.

Originally Posted by Sewing Street on Facebook View Post
Sewing Street will be moving channels on Wednesday afternoon. We will moving to a new channel called Shopping Quarter on Freeview 74

https://www.facebook.com/SewingStreetTV/

Interesting. To me it sounds like Sewing Street will be timesharing with Jewellery Maker on this new Shopping Quarter channel. JM needs to get a home outside of the temporary multiplex it's currently in, so a timeshare with its sister station makes sense. One if those free 24hr slots will be taken for this purpose I'd imagine.

The space Sewing Quarter is vacating isn't an ideal time of day, so maybe PBS America will expand into it, since they share it already.

Media Boy UK 24-02-2020 16:46

Jewellery Maker has now confirmed what is going on from Thursday.

Jewellery Maker will be on Channel 73 from 8am to 1pm on Freeview SD.

Sewing Street will broadcast from 8am before Jewellery Maker takes over at 1pm to 10pm on Freeview HD Channel 74.

Source: Jewellery Maker on Facebook.

cheekyangus 24-02-2020 16:58

I did wonder about Channel 73. And that clarifies that a free permanent multiplex position isn't being used. Many thanks Media Boy.

cheekyangus 26-02-2020 14:57

I have yet to check this on my own TV, but via info from @ukdtt on Twitter.

Create & Craft has moved to COM4, presumably to the 7pm-7am space left by Hochanda cutting its hours. Channel number remains same.

Now70s has launched in the vacated C&C space (7am-10pm) on COM5 but on Channel 78.

Now90s which shared with C&C on COM5 during 5am-7am has been removed. Now90s basically was renamed Now70s, then moved time and channel number on the same stream.

CCXTV (basically a spinoff of the C&C shopping channel) has launched on COM5 on Channel 95. I think it's taken the 5am-7am part of the stream Now90s vacated, but have yet to confirm this.

Jewellery Maker moves to Ch73 and takes the COM6 8am-1pm slot

Shopping Quarter replaces Jewellery Maker on Ch74 COM7 and will show a mix of Sewing Street and Jewellery Maker.

Media Boy UK 26-02-2020 16:39

-Old NOW 90s slot on COM5 (5am to 7am only)
-Old TJC slot on COM5
-Old 5Spike slot on COM6

All information right as of February 26th.

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36025722)
I have yet to check this on my own TV, but via info from @ukdtt on Twitter.

Create & Craft has moved to COM4, presumably to the 7pm-7am space left by Hochanda cutting its hours. Channel number remains same.

Digital Bit Rate is reporting that Create & Craft (SID : 13000) is using an new stream that launch today on SDN (COM4).

So an new channel has still to appear using Hochanda left over space.

http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.ph...ive=46&lang=en

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Quote:

CCXTV (basically a spinoff of the C&C shopping channel) has launched on COM5 on Channel 95. I think it's taken the 5am-7am part of the stream Now90s vacated, but have yet to confirm this.

RXTV is reporting that CCXTV has still to launch but it can use NOW 90s old slot or the old slot of TJC or TBN UK (Both 24hours slots)

cheekyangus 26-02-2020 16:44

They only just added the extra (17th) stream for TJC on SDN. I can't see why they'd be insane enough to add another...yet I can see it on SDN when it would be off-air if it was sharing Hochanda's stream.

I'm surprised MB.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36025726)
RXTV is reporting that CCXTV has still to launch but it can use NOW 90s old slot or the old slot of TJC or TBN UK (Both 24hours slots)

CCXTV is meant to be a spin-off of C&C. I was expecting it to be a predominantly streaming channel in Freeview. It would be a very confident move by Ideal World to go 24hrs straight away on such an expensive platform. We'll soon see. :)

Media Boy UK 26-02-2020 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36025729)
They only just added the extra (17th) stream for TJC on SDN. I can't see why they'd be insane enough to add another...yet I can see it on SDN when it would be off-air if it was sharing Hochanda's stream.

I'm surprised MB.

Digital Bit Rate is reporting that SDN have room to launch one more 24 hour broadcasting channel

SDN is own by ITV.

So if they wanted to ITV can launch an full time ITV3 +1 channel on Freeview with ITV4 +1 coming on Freeview at 9pm using where ITV3 +1 broadcasts right now.

cheekyangus 26-02-2020 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36025731)
Digital Bit Rate is reporting that SDN have room to launch one more 24 hour broadcasting channel

SDN is own by ITV.

So if they wanted to ITV can launch an full time ITV3 +1 channel on Freeview with ITV4 +1 coming on Freeview at 9pm using where ITV3 +1 broadcasts right now.

I know they do. My point was that Create & Craft just used that apparent new stream, so ITV have decided not to use it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another channel crammed into D3&4 now though.

And since Arqiva maintains them all, we could be seeing more on multiple other multiplexes. Though I shudder at the possible picture quality implications.

Media Boy UK 26-02-2020 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36025732)
I know they do. My point was that Create & Craft just used that apparent new stream, so ITV have decided not to use it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see another channel crammed into D3&4 now though.

And since Arqiva maintains them all, we could be seeing more on multiple other multiplexes. Though I shudder at the possible picture quality implications.

Due to Create and Craft moving to SDN we are now likely to see an new "Adult Channel" launching using C&C stream over night.

cheekyangus 26-02-2020 17:26

RXTVLog have confirmed the 18th stream.
https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/02/new-...rd-broken.html

Media Boy UK 26-02-2020 22:26

Digital Bit Rate is reporting that COM4 has got 2.0 Mp/s free on "PID null" But Channels are running at time of posting up to 1.8 Mp/s so that make room for an 19th stream to launch.

Info down at Bitrate graph on the following link.

cheekyangus 26-02-2020 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36025750)
Digital Bit Rate is reporting that COM4 has got 2.0 Mp/s free on "PID null" But Channels are running at time of posting up to 1.8 Mp/s so that make room for an 19th stream to launch.

Info down at Bitrate graph on the following link.

That could just be that Hochanda was off-air at the time of the last scan. It's only on 12 hours a day after all.

Media Boy UK 29-02-2020 21:07

Quote:

Jewellery Maker moves to Ch73 and takes the COM6 8am-1pm slot

Shopping Quarter replaces Jewellery Maker on Ch74 COM7 and will show a mix of Sewing Street and Jewellery Maker.

Shopping Quarter was broadcasting an unkown Tellyshopping channel last night at midnight and it was not Jewellery Maker. Look like Gemporia has sold part of Shopping Quarter air time to an other broadcaster.

I see on Facebook that Sewing Street is now on Sky Channel 670 using Primal Living to broadcast from 8am to 1pm.

Media Boy UK 04-03-2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36026011)
Shopping Quarter was broadcasting an unkown Tellyshopping channel last night at midnight and it was not Jewellery Maker. Look like Gemporia has sold part of Shopping Quarter air time to an other broadcaster.

I see on Facebook that Sewing Street is now on Sky Channel 670 using Primal Living to broadcast from 8am to 1pm.

I have since found out that Sewing Street is using air time from Primal Living to broadcast on Sky.

Primal Living can also be viewed on Freeview HD Channel from 10pm on Shopping Quarter on Freeview HD Channel 74.

You can also BUY things from Primal Living via Gems TV since 2019.

Source: My TV set and Google.

UPDATE: Companies house is reporting that Primal Living is own by Primal Cure TV who founded by Steve Bennett who also founded Gemporia.

Media Boy UK 07-03-2020 20:43

With the rumours of BBC Three maybe about to relaunch I think the following may happen on Freeview:

-Sony Movies Action may more to new stream or close on Freeview.
-BBC Scotland SD may move to SDN using Sony Movies Action slot.

-Move local TV Channels (Made TV or That's TV) to channel 51.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Media Boy HQ now thinks that the following may happen:

-Pick TV and Blaze will become one called Pick TV
-Blaze slot on Freeview will be reuse for Sky Arts to launch on Freeview

cheekyangus 07-03-2020 21:34

There's no need.

BBC Scotland SD on Freeview doesn't use BBC3's old space, they added another stream to launch it. CBBC added 2 hours to its broadcast hours when BBC3 closed (with the exception of Scotland for the HD version). So they would just reverse that change, or start at 9pm (except in Scotland for HD).

Only the HD version of BBC Scotland uses ex-BBC3 stream space, that's why it starts at 7pm on Freeview.

They later configured all regions of the BBC SD Freeview multiplex the same way as Scotland, so there's space for another stream everywhere outside of Scotland.

Media Boy UK 08-03-2020 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36026594)
There's no need.

BBC Scotland SD on Freeview doesn't use BBC3's old space, they added another stream to launch it. CBBC added 2 hours to its broadcast hours when BBC3 closed (with the exception of Scotland for the HD version). So they would just reverse that change, or start at 9pm (except in Scotland for HD).

Only the HD version of BBC Scotland uses ex-BBC3 stream space, that's why it starts at 7pm on Freeview.

They later configured all regions of the BBC SD Freeview multiplex the same way as Scotland, so there's space for another stream everywhere outside of Scotland.

Do you think S4C will move to the BBC Mux so that Sony Movies Action can launch in Wales on SDN?

cheekyangus 08-03-2020 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36026613)
Do you think S4C will move to the BBC Mux so that Sony Movies Action can launch in Wales on SDN?

Yeah, makes sense given how involved BBC is with S4C these days. And there was no obvious reason to implement the same multiplex configuration in other regions unless they had a plan for the space or it somehow saves them money.

Someone, I forget who (so I can't credit them unfortunately), told me they'd need to get the rules for the BBC SD multiplex changed to allow them to do it. The HD multiplex (BBC-B) has rules that allow commercial channels, hence Channel 3 HD/Channel 4 HD/Channel 5 HD and TBN SD.

Some people think closing the Red Button Text Service, as they were planning before it was postponed, would allow space for yet another stream. So in theory, if they got the rules changed, they could rent one space to a commercial broadcaster (two if a broadcaster didn't mind being not being in Wales and Scotland) and earn a little money. 98% coverage would be attractive, especially as it wouldn't be limited to HD tuners.

But it's all just theory for now. None of it may ever happen. :D

cheekyangus 11-04-2020 00:28

Looks like CCXTV is actually going to launch on April 15th.

Not what I was expecting content-wise. :-)

https://twitter.com/RXTVlog/status/1248736587648811008

cheekyangus 12-04-2020 13:33

​So CCXTV is apparently swapping with Create & Craft on Channel 23 on Freeview.

I have an official Twitter account thanks to @RXTVlog.

The @CCXTV1 account mentions the channel number and has this show preview reel.

https://twitter.com/CCXTV1/status/1249258657478557696

SonicMaster 14-04-2020 14:20

The website is up:

https://www.ccxtv.co.uk/

CCX TV brings a mix of timeless comedy, original and classic drama, award-winning documentaries and brand-new content to the UK. Daytime will give you a glimpse into the lives of celebrities, while in the evening you can share your time with brand new episodes of the Bold & the Beautiful and acclaimed dramas, including Ray Winston in Fox, Nick Berry in Harbour Lights and James Nesbitt in Murphy’s Law.

Documentaries include True Crime strands, commemorations of the world wars and some of the greatest moments in history of the last hundred years. Timeless comedies have a home in peak with Sid James in Bless this house, the original series of Men Behaving Badly, the late Bruce Forsyth in Trippers Day, Windsor Davis and Donald Synden in Never the Twain and Maureen Lipman and Anne Reid in Ladies of Letters. Plus, a new series featuring top American stand Up Dave Hill and his unique brand of humour.

Join us every day, from 7am, for a fun, informative and exciting schedule of new and classic content, on Freeview channel 23!

cheekyangus 14-04-2020 16:56

Thanks SonicMaster. Kinda sounds like the old True Entertainment.

SonicMaster 15-04-2020 10:28

15 Apr 2020 - Channel changes

On Wednesday 15 April 2020 some channels are making changes to their positions in the Freeview TV Guide.

You may need to retune to update your TV to keep your TV Guide up to date. To find out more about retuning watch our handy retune videos.

New channels:

Yesterday+1 will be launching on channel 75.

CCXTV will be moving to and launching their new content on channel 23.

Channels no longer available:

Smithsonian will no longer be available on channel 793 but is still available to view on channel 57.

Paramount +1 will no longer be available on channel 94.

Channel changes:

Create & Craft
Are moving from channel 23 to 95.

Sony Movies
Are changing the way they are broadcast.

Trans World Radio
Are changing the way they are broadcast.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/15-april-...hannel-changes

cheekyangus 15-04-2020 13:05

Thanks SonicMaster. I wonder where Sony Movies and Trans World Radio moving to. Seems odd to do it in current circumstances.

I really dislike the phrase "Are changing the way they broadcast". I wish Freeview wouldn't use it.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

Further details, according to @ukdtt on Twitter.

Sony Movies moved from COM5 to COM6

Yesterday+1 launched on COM5

Trans World Radio moved from COM7 to COM 5

cheekyangus 16-04-2020 11:09

Yesterday+1 is only 5am-7am at the moment looking through the EPG. This is same hours as the vacant stream that NOW 70s occupies on the same multiplex. Probably a coincidence as there is space for it to have a full stream on this multiplex. It could be Y+1 is just a placeholder for now, it's only showing Teleshopping during those hours so it's not a useful addition currently.

http://www.xhxf.uk/timeshares/

Media Boy UK 22-04-2020 13:46

UK Terrestrial TV via Twitter has reveal that Ideal Extra has been given an broadcasting licence to launch on Freeview.

https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1252911285185982465

cheekyangus 13-05-2020 12:08

Sources for the following are a mixture of @ukdtt on Twitter and Freeview's own website.

4Music and 4Seven have moved to COM5 from COM6 but nothing more, their channel numbers are the same and so should their coverage areas be the same.

Planet Knowledge (265) and Sports Channel Network (266) are merging into On Demand 365 on channel 265.

Ketchup (211) and Yaaas! (212) are merging into Ketchup/Yaaas! on 211.

Spotlight TV, which was on the Manchester multiplex only, is to stop broadcasting on Freeview. So channel number 87 will become available. It's still available as a streaming channel on Freeview I believe though, on a different number.

Media Boy UK 17-05-2020 12:31

Together TV is using SmileTV 2 old slot to broadcast.

Smile TV 2 was axe Wednesday.

cheekyangus 17-05-2020 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36035412)
Together TV is using SmileTV 2 old slot to broadcast.

Smile TV 2 was axe Wednesday.

Going to look odd given Smile TV 3 is still, apparently, there :)

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Maybe they don't care, there's seems to not be a Smile TV 1.:D

Media Boy UK 24-05-2020 18:48

RXTV is reporting that NOW 70s will close on Freeview on May 26th with it slot going to Together TV.

RXTV is also reporting that 4Music and 4Seven old slots on COM6 will close sometime this week.

cheekyangus 24-05-2020 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36036683)
RXTV is reporting that NOW 70s will close on Freeview on May 26th with it slot going to Together TV.

RXTV is also reporting that 4Music and 4Seven old slots on COM6 will close sometime this week.

Even though RXTVlog is pretty good at this, I'm not sure I buy that. Now 70s hasn't been there very long, contracts aren't usually that short and Together could have taken the whole slot earlier rather than temporarily limiting its hours for a wekk or two.

The main reason I don't buy is Sony Movies dual transmission is ending soon on that multiplex. There's no need for Now70s to stop, and they only just got Ch84 for Now 90s, surely they would sacrifice 80s and 90s on Freeview to save money first, before closing their only proper widely received slot.

Maybe they'll do the two hours and stream strategy again and retain the numbers if it is true.

Media Boy UK 24-05-2020 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36036684)
Even though RXTVlog is pretty good at this, I'm not sure I buy that. Now 70s hasn't been there very long, contracts aren't usually that short and Together could have taken the whole slot earlier rather than temporarily limiting its hours for a wekk or two.

The main reason I don't buy is Sony Movies dual transmission is ending soon on that multiplex. There's no need for Now70s to stop, and they only just got Ch84 for Now 90s, surely they would sacrifice 80s and 90s on Freeview to save money first, before closing their only proper widely received slot.

Maybe they'll do the two hours and stream strategy again and retain the numbers if it is true.

NOW 70s and Together TV is broadcasting on the same stream on Freeview (N70s 7am to 10pm with TTV 10pm to 7am) so NOW 70s may close for an few weeks to use Sony Movies old slot from early June.

But as you said on April 16th (post 28) Now 70s slot maybe set to be use for an full time Yesterday +1 channel to relaunch on Freeview.

Yesterday +1 (Old Now 70s slot)
Together TV (Old Sony Movies slot)

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

-Old Sony Movies slot on COM5
-Old 4Music slot on COM6
-Old 4Seven slot on COM6

All information right as of May 24th.

cheekyangus 24-05-2020 19:50

The language used in the RXTVlog article made it sound more permanent, though it did cross my mind it may be a few weeks like you said.

cheekyangus 26-05-2020 17:59

Ch78 - NOW 70s has now closed on COM5.
Ch88 - Together TV has resumed previous broadcast hours on COM5.

We'll see if it returns, but the broadcaster isn't wording it like it is according to this article. https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/05/now-...ew-outlet.html

Media Boy UK 31-05-2020 18:21

An on - screen information has revealed that Sony Movies, 4Music and 4Seven will stop broadcasting on their old slots on June 2nd.

Media Boy UK 03-06-2020 15:11

Studio 66 new slot is being unused from 6am to 12am.

Heat Radio has been axe to make way for Greatest Hits Radio to launch on Freeview.

24 hours slots:
-Old 4Music slot on COM6

Part time slots:
-Hochanda slot on SDN (7pm to 7am only)
-Studio 66 slot on COM6 (6am to 12am only)

All information right as of June 3rd.

cheekyangus 03-06-2020 15:57

Looks like Studio 66 is using the unused part of the Ideal World stream on COM6 looking at space free showing here.
The times you give align with the empty space. So there will be 2 full streams empty on COM6.

Media Boy UK 03-06-2020 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36038209)
Looks like Studio 66 is using the unused part of the Ideal World stream on COM6 looking at space free showing here.
The times you give align with the empty space. So there will be 2 full streams empty on COM6.

Thanks for that - Studio 66 must be using Smile TV 2 old slot.

That link says Studio 66 is using ITV to broadcast right now so ITV may want them off they slot soon to broadcast ITV3 +1 after midnight on Freeview.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Thanks cheeky for info.

24 hours slots:
-Old 4Seven slot on COM6
-Old 4Music slot on COM6

Part time slots:
-Hochanda slot on SDN (7pm to 7am only)

All information right as of June 3rd.

cheekyangus 10-06-2020 15:39

On-screen message on Channel 4+1 HD (Freeview channel 109 on COM7) says it's closing on 22nd June.

Source: kasg on Digital Spy

On-screen message on Forces TV (Freeview channel 96 on COM8) says it's moving frequencies on 22nd June.

Source: gardner1 on Digital Spy

Forces TV is likely moving to a multiplex with wider coverage as that's where there's space currently. Update: Or not as it seems it's now moving to a different Temporary multiplex.

Coupled with this news, just in, about seeming multiplex closures, it makes sense in context. https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...9#post36039249

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

CBS Drama (ch71) is moving to channel 67 on the 22nd June when the following services close on Freeview.

Channel 4+1 HD on 109
4Seven HD on 110
TJC HD on 115
5Star+1 on 55
5USA+1 on 56
CBS Reality+1 on 67
CBS Justice+1 on 69

COM8 closing means those services that aren't moving to COM7 (or elsewhere) are closing.

Can't find source for this myself, but lovinthetelly is reporting the following multiplex change as part of the COM8 closure.

Channel 74 - Shopping Quarter is moving from COM8 to BBCB!

cheekyangus 17-06-2020 20:40

Pick TV +1 (Channel 92) is closing on Freeview (COM7) tomorrow (18th) according to RXTVlog.
https://twitter.com/RXTV_info/status...30096372416512

Maybe Shopping Quarter won't be moving multiplex, this means there's space I think.

Media Boy UK 18-06-2020 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36040201)
[B]Maybe Shopping Quarter won't be moving multiplex, this means there's space I think.

Now we know where space for Forces TV is coming from when it moves to COM7 on Monday.

Quote:

Media Boy HQ posts the following on June 11th.

Was > From June 22nd
Channel 4+1 HD > QVC HD & QVC Beauty HD
4Seven HD > CBeebies HD & BBC Four HD
TJC HD > Quest HD
5Star+1 > Freespots
5USA+1 > NOW 80s
CBS Reality+1 > Together TV +1
CBS Justice+1 > PBS America +1
N/A > Forces TV (NEW SLOT)

Other web sites are reporting that Shopping Quarter is moving to an new slot on BBC B (The mux with BBC One HD on it)
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...24&postcount=2

cheekyangus 18-06-2020 19:08

​I was wondering where the "Shopping Quarter is going to move to BBCB" thing was coming from, since I could find no proof.

I have now found proof. It's testing on BBCB in London (maybe elsewhere, I've not checked).

https://digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?m...lang=en​

cheekyangus 22-06-2020 13:02

TODAY'S FREEVIEW CHANGES

55 - 5STAR+1 (COM8) closed
56 - 5USA+1 (COM7) closed

64 - FreeSports (COM8) moved to COM7

67 - CBS Reality+1 (COM7) closed
69 - CBS Justice+1 (COM8) closed

71 - CBS Drama (COM6) moved to Channel Number 67

74 - Shopping Quarter (COM7) moved to PSB3

83 - NOW 80s (COM8) moved to COM7
89 - Together TV+1 (COM8) moved to COM7
93 - PBS America+1 (COM8) moved to COM7
96 - Forces TV (COM8) moved to COM7
106 - BBC FOUR HD (COM8) moved to COM7

109 - Channel 4+1 HD (COM7) closed
110 - 4seven HD (COM7) closed

111 - QVC HD (COM8) moved to COM7
112 - QVC Beauty HD (COM8) moved to COM7
114 - QUEST HD (COM8) moved to COM7

115 - TJC HD (COM7) closed

205 - CBeebies HD (COM8) moved to COM7

cheekyangus 30-06-2020 13:11

CCXTV has moved from COM5 to COM4
and
Hochanda has moved in the opposite direction from COM4 to COM5.

The latter actually matches the hours announced a few weeks ago when Hochanda said it was expanding them. So they've swapped slots.

Also: New Channel!

Ideal Extra has launched on Channel 94 on the Local Multiplex.

Yes, it seems that they've added an extra stream on the Local Multiplex!

I've got no picture or sound, but can confirm the guide data is there. I've still got the other channels on the multiplex so this isn't a replacement.

I can't confirm it, as I'm not techie enough, but I think they've changed how the Local Multiplex is broadcast. It was QPSK and now is 4QAM according to my TV, for all the channels broadcasting on it.

Media Boy UK 03-07-2020 16:10

Look like Ideal World Extra will NOT be on Freeview for that long.

Here is the listings for "That's Scotland" as of July 1st.

Weekdays
6am - That's 80s (Music from 1980's)
9am - TJC (Telly Shopping)
3pm - That's 70s (Music from 1970's)
6pm - Local News
6.15pm - That's 70s (Music from 1970's)
11pm - That's 80s (Music from 1980's)

Weekends

Source: My Freeview TV Set.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Do anyone 100% know who own CCXTV?

We are thinking it Forces TV or Talking Pictures TV.

RichardCoulter 03-07-2020 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36042182)
Look like Ideal World Extra will NOT be on Freeview for that long.

Here is the listings for "That's Scotland" as of July 1st.

Weekdays
6pm - Local News
6.15pm - That's 70s (Music from 1970's)

Weekends

Source: My Freeview TV Set.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

Do anyone 100% know who own CCXTV?

We are thinking it Forces TV or Talking Pictures TV.

Ideal Shopping Direct (who run the Ideal World shopping channel):

https://www.mediapaediabroadcast.com...y-Birthday-MPB

It's been speculated that it will only appear on Freeview as it was created for Ideal World to be able to sell off the slot.

Media Boy UK 03-07-2020 17:52

24 hours slots:
-Old 4Music slot on COM6

Part time slots:
-CCXTV slot on SDN (10pm to 7am only)
-CITV/ITV3 +1 slot on COM4 (12am to 6am only)

All information right as of July 3rd.

cheekyangus 03-07-2020 18:33

Media Boy, what has the schedule info for That's Scotland got to do with Ideal Extra? Aside from both being on the Local Mux they've got nothing in common.

Also, are you getting video/audio for it? I'm not, but I get the EPG info and the other channels on the multiplex are fine.

Media Boy UK 03-07-2020 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36042222)
Media Boy, what has the schedule info for That's Scotland got to do with Ideal Extra? Aside from both being on the Local Mux they've got nothing in common.

Also, are you getting video/audio for it? I'm not, but I get the EPG info and the other channels on the multiplex are fine.

I can see "Local Channels" being axe soon plus I was just letting everyone know what That's Scotland is broadcasting.

Ideal World Extra is working fine with sound and Video with me.

I can confirmed that Ideal World Extra is broadcasting 24 hours.

cheekyangus 03-07-2020 19:55

I tuned into That's Scotland this afternoon and was greeted with an ABBA video. A great increase in the quality of content!

I'm thinking my local transmitter hasn't configured Ideal Extra properly, I've checked on multiple devices, all get the other Local Mux channels no problem. They aren't likely to find out any time soon given how few viewers they'll be getting.

Media Boy UK 03-07-2020 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36042231)
I tuned into That's Scotland this afternoon and was greeted with an ABBA video. A great increase in the quality of content!

I'm thinking my local transmitter hasn't configured Ideal Extra properly, I've checked on multiple devices, all get the other Local Mux channels no problem. They aren't likely to find out any time soon given how few viewers they'll be getting.

I wonder how much room the Local Mux now have with Ideal World Extra being added

Three more SD 24 hour Channels?

cheekyangus 03-07-2020 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36042233)
I wonder how much room the Local Mux now have with Ideal World Extra being added

Three more SD 24 hour Channels?

I haven't found any confirmation about transmission change aside from what I've seen on my TV's settings. RXTVinfo showed me a DBR graph screenshot from after Ideal Extra was added but I can't find it on DBR.

RichardCoulter 03-07-2020 23:07

CCXTV now has a 24 hour slot, but it's broadcast hours haven't changed. It's currently only showing an off air slate during it's extra hours whilst Ideal Shopping Direct decide what to do with the extra hours now available to them.

cheekyangus 07-07-2020 16:36

​There was speculation what Merit, from ITV, was when the channel license appeared as few weeks ago.

Now we know, a cooking and gardening channel taking over the Freeview ITV3+1 slot and channel number 34.

Full details here.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2020/merit-laun...nnel-34​

Media Boy UK 24-07-2020 14:04

I can confirmed that my Freeview EPG is reporting that ITV3 +1 will have new broadcasting hours on Freeview from Tuesday (July 28th)

ITV3 +1 will start broadcasting from midnight to 3am from Tuesday.

cheekyangus 24-07-2020 14:33

Thanks Media Boy. Wonder if that signals an imminent start to Merit?

cheekyangus 28-07-2020 14:20

Merit now has EPG data (Source: my Freeview HD TV). On Wednesday 29th it has info from 9pm until midnight as expected. However from Thursday onwards its schedule is from 8pm to 11pm which probably means CITV is having an hour reduction in hours as ITV3+1 shares that stream currently.

Posters on Digital Spy have reported the same schedule hours, so it's not just my television.

As an interesting (well to me ;)) difference Media Boy, my TV is still showing the current hours for ITV3+1 for as far forward as the guide goes. I think this is just the way the guide on this TV is populated. I expect it to change eventually.

cheekyangus 29-07-2020 09:29

Freeview on Twitter just mentioned a Service Update (with a webpage link).

They wrote on that page:

Quote:

What's changing?
Ketchup/Yaaas will be changing their name to Ketchup - there will be no changes to Ketchup channel, content or broadcast hours.

Yaaas will be launching on channel 212 - there will be no changes to content or broadcast hours.

Country Music Entertainment will be launching in the Manchester area on channel 98 broadcasting country music 24/7.

Merit are making changes to the way they are broadcast - there will be no changes to channel, content or broadcast hours.
----

So the Ketchup/Yaaas is a reversal of what they did merging them previously by the looks of it. That change in itself was very recent. Bad feedback?

Merit getting broadcast changes. That's usually code for moving multiplex. The theory ITV only launched it to sell the channel number looks more convincing now, as moving multiplex would take it off SDN/COM4 which ITV own.

The changes are happening today going by the date on the webpage, so we'll soon see. :)

cheekyangus 29-07-2020 13:36

​Merit has moved to COM7!

https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1288431726147047429​

Safely say I didn't see that coming.

cheekyangus 29-07-2020 16:46

My TV has updated Merit's position, so I can confirm COM7.

The change of multiplex may not have changed the transmission hours though, there's a slate on Channel 34 with the Merit logo and mentioning the start time as 9pm.

cheekyangus 29-07-2020 21:59

There's apparently a slate on Together+1 saying Back At 12am. So that answers the question of what stream on COM7 Merit is using.

Media Boy UK 07-08-2020 18:25

I see that Xpanded TV is now broadcasting on Freeview via COM5 from Midnight everynight (Was 3am).

No idea where the extra three hours are coming from.

cheekyangus 07-08-2020 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36045963)
I see that Xpanded TV is now broadcasting on Freeview via COM5 from Midnight everynight (Was 3am).

Well is Smithsonian finishing at midnight? Xpanded shares their stream apparently.

Media Boy UK 07-08-2020 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36045972)
Well is Smithsonian finishing at midnight? Xpanded shares their stream apparently.

I only seen it today at about 1pm.

cheekyangus 21-08-2020 14:44

​Create And Craft just said in a reply on Twitter that Shopping is getting its own channel range on Freeview.

https://twitter.com/CraftExtraITV/st...​​

600-699 includes where BBC Red Button (601) and Adult channels (670-699) are, so maybe they don't mean literally the whole range for Shopping.

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Note: The Create And Craft account seems to tweet/retweet non-channel related stuff too, so I'm being cautious on this info.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

And now they've deleted the responses.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

And now set their account to protected.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

And now it's unprotected again...and those tweets I thought were deleted, actually weren't.

I'm just going to take it all with a pinch of salt until I see something official from somewhere else.

There are other tweets now but I don't see the point in speculating, as if accurate several things like CCXTV existing make less sense, and the Adult section would be narrowed leaving the late 690s and maybe 680s free for Shopping, the end of section buffer LCN currently being 699.

cheekyangus 21-08-2020 18:23

Merit (Ch 34) is now owned by Sky!
(Additional details on my latest post on this thread. https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...1#post36047261)

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Question now is, does Sky Arts get 34 or do they move Pick to it, and Sky Arts up to 11? Sky have been mentioning their PSB aspirations with regard to Sky Arts, and the new OFCOM rules about those being in a Top24 EPG position from Jan2021, so it's not unthinkable.

Media Boy UK 23-08-2020 19:04

24 hours slots:
-Old 4Music slot on COM6

Part time slots:
-CCXTV slot on SDN (10pm to 7am only)
-CITV/ITV3 +1 slot on COM4 (12am to 6am only)
-Sony Movies slot on COM5 (3am to midnight only)

All information right as of August 23rd.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36045972)

Smithsonian is still broadcasting on Freeview so maybe Xpanded is using part of Sony Movies old slot.

cheekyangus 24-08-2020 17:09

​So it seems it has been revealed at the Edinburgh TV Festival that Sky Arts is getting Channel 11 on Freeview from 17th September, so Pick must be getting shifted down to 34 that Merit currently occupies.

https://twitter.com/tvlive/status/1297911576188657669​

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Here's the official Sky press release and confirmation of the switch for the two channels on Freeview.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...m-17-september

Media Boy UK 28-08-2020 19:41

All the old ITV shows has been axe by Merit and it currently broadcasts things from Sky Living, Sky Livingit and Sky Two and has also started to show ads since this past Monday.

cheekyangus 02-09-2020 13:04

​Well we have an answer to the OFCOM PSB Top24 requirement on Digital Terrestrial.

Everything from 24-54 is getting moved one number to accommodate BBC4 on Freeview in Scotland.

https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1301116268544692224​

cheekyangus 02-09-2020 18:13

Found the source, courtesy of POWERStarz2004 on Digital Spy.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/psb-lcn-rules​

The same poster mentioned this PDF that apparently discusses the moving of Freeview to having Genre Categories.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/sites/def...els.pdf​

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

​Seems the PDF is a response to the consultation from a member of the public.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

The article, the first link, is notable for a couple of other reasons.
1) it's dated tomorrow.
2) it says BBC4 is on Channel 55 in Scotland, which it isn't, it's 68. Another temporary jump up the EPG prior to 4th November?

And I just noticed just before I pressed Post they've removed the page from the Freeview website, so it was clearly published a day early by accident.

cheekyangus 02-09-2020 23:43

The page is now back, the date is now today's.

Also ex-a516digital has said Freeview have said BBC4 is moving to Channel 55 on September 17th.

So it is to move prior to the bigger move.

Media Boy UK 06-09-2020 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36048519)
The page is now back, the date is now today's.

Also ex-a516digital has said Freeview have said BBC4 is moving to Channel 55 on September 17th.

So it is to move prior to the bigger move.

Well September 17th is an launch date for the "new look" Sky Arts to launch on Freeview.

cheekyangus 08-09-2020 11:38

I reckon if Sky Arts hadn't been going FTA on that day the BBC4 temporary move to Ch55 would have happened this week. Changes happening at the same time seems like a preferred strategy for broadcasters.

Media Boy UK 13-09-2020 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36049056)
I reckon if Sky Arts hadn't been going FTA on that day the BBC4 temporary move to Ch55 would have happened this week. Changes happening at the same time seems like a preferred strategy for broadcasters.

Together TV is moving also but it will still in the 80s (I forgot the channel number seen it after midnight days ago).

Source: Together TV

cheekyangus 13-09-2020 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36049865)
Together TV is moving also but it will still in the 80s (I forgot the channel number seen it after midnight days ago).

Source: Together TV

Only 87 looks free in the 80s and since it's on 88 already I can't see them bothering for one place. Something further down vacating their number maybe?

Media Boy UK 13-09-2020 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36049867)
Only 87 looks free in the 80s and since it's on 88 already I can't see them bothering for one place. Something further down vacating their number maybe?

I think it was channel 87 but I am not 100% on that.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36045963)

Just found out this past week where Xpanded TV new hours are coming from - Together TV is now 3am - midnight.

Media Boy UK 13-09-2020 21:25

My Freeview EPG has confirmed that Merit will be axe by Sky on Wednesday Night to make way for Pick to use Freeview Channel 34.

The Following channels are Free right now on Freeview

68. (After Thursday)

NOTE: The following may not happen until November 4th (Just my own view so may not happen)

Smithsonian Channel may get Channel 56 to be beside 5Select.
ITV may then get channel 57 and move ITVBe +1 up to Channel 59.
CBS may get Channel 68 for Horror Channel (Beside CBS Drama).
Discovery may get Channel 69 and Channel 70 for QUEST +1 and Quest Red +1
A&E may get channels 71 and 72 for Blaze +1 and TCC.
Channel 4 may get Channel 76 for More4 +1
Clubland TV may move to Channel 77.
Now may move NOW 80s and Now 90s to Channels 82 and 83.
Hochanda may move to Channel 84
Ideal World may get Channels 85 and 86 for Ideal Extra and Create + Craft.
Together TV to get Channels 87 and 88 for Together TV and Together TV +1
TV Warehouse moves to Channel 89
PBS may get channels 90 and 91 for PBS America and PBS America +1
Forces TV may move to Channel 92
Country Music Entertainment may move to Channel 93

cheekyangus 14-09-2020 10:09

I had been thinking Merit might stick around for a month or two to give the pretence that it wasn't just for the number swap to the rule-makers, or because there are minimum contract lengths. But I see the "Programmes are no longer available" message on the EPG.

Ah well, guess Sky have no reason to temporarily reuse their vacated Pick+1 LCN which will expire after the 3 months is up. Unless there is a minimum contract for the 3 hours a night sublet of Together+1 space.

A&E have shown no indication of using Blaze+1 and TCC for anything except retaining the LCN, LCNs that aren't exactly attractively prominent, so it's just a waste of their money.

There isn't really any point in the rest moving up one space, it just annoys viewers. Some are already annoyed about the large numbers of channels on the lower numbers moving up for BBC4 in Scotland, and that hasn't even happened yet.

(They really should've moved them by two, just in case BBC3 returns as rumoured. If it doesn't the extra space harms no-one.)

Having said that, I do think Horror Channel and PBS America+1 will move up one, particularly the latter as it's only available to those with HD tuners and HD Freeview equipment has automatic retune capabilities, so (in theory) annoys people less.

cheekyangus 15-09-2020 15:02

The Freeview Accessible TV Guide has appeared as a hidden service on PSB2/D3&4. It is due to appear on Ch555 when it launches.

If you aren't familiar with it see the embedded tweet by clicking the following link, as the tweet has a photo of the Coming Soon screen which describes what it will do.

https://twitter.com/superwonderstar/...​​

Thanks to @ukdtt and @superwonderstar on Twitter for the heads-up.

joglynne 15-09-2020 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36050246)
The Freeview Accessible TV Guide has appeared as a hidden service on PSB2/D3&4. It is due to appear on Ch555 when it launches.

If you aren't familiar with it see the embedded tweet by clicking the following link, as the tweet has a photo of the Coming Soon screen which describes what it will do.

https://twitter.com/superwonderstar/...​​

Thanks to @ukdtt and @superwonderstar on Twitter for the heads-up.

I'm being told that the" page does not exist" when I use your link cheekyangus.

cheekyangus 15-09-2020 18:25

Same for me. I'll try again.
https://twitter.com/superwonderstar/...33039260463104
This one works. Phew.

Sorry about that.

joglynne 15-09-2020 20:42

No problem c.angus. :)

cheekyangus 17-09-2020 10:25

Aside from Sky Arts moving to Channel 11 today, the following have been confirmed by Freeview. https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/17-s...hannel-updates

"Other channel changes and updates:
Pick will move from channel 11 to 34
BBC Four Scotland will move from channel 68 to 55
Together TV will move from channel 88 to 87
Together+1 will move from channel 89 to 88
Smithsonian will move channel from 57 to 56
Merit will cease broadcasting on Freeview
Pick+1 will cease broadcasting on Freeview"

Confirms the Together TV moves Media Boy saw mention of, and also his guess re: Smithsonian.

cheekyangus 17-09-2020 15:13

Accessible TV Guide is now showing on 555 on the EPG.

I was expecting to see the Coming Soon slate I saw on Twitter the other days, but the TV I've looked on just now says "invalid service" when I go to 555.

The slate mentions Freeview Play, so it may be it doesn't show in non-Play branded devices.

The other Freeview changes mentioned in the previous post have happened here. At least the ones I'd normally receive on that particular TV.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

I've tried an even older Freeview device and it doesn't show the slate either, so I guess that confirms it as Freeview Play only. Hardly surprising as it sounded too complicated for old hardware to deliver an alternative EPG via a channel tune.

The description on the EPG says "An easy to read and navigate TV guide, helping viewers to find shows that have Subtitles, Sign Language or Audio Description - just connect you Freeview Play device to the internet to get started."

Media Boy UK 29-09-2020 15:53

Broadcast: No more Top of the Pops as BBC Four set to make way for BBC Three

Media Web Site is reporting that BBC Three is set to return as a linear TV channel.

Reports say it will broadcast after 7pm using space of BBC Four.

Note: This story first appeared online on September 28th but Media Boy HQ did not see it until time of this post.

cheekyangus 22-10-2020 18:58

​An on-screen message is saying Horror Channel is moving from 70 to 68 on 27th October.

Media Boy UK 23-10-2020 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36054682)
​An on-screen message is saying Horror Channel is moving from 70 to 68 on 27th October.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36049928)
CBS may get Channel 68 for Horror Channel (Beside CBS Drama).

As posted by me on September 13th.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...8&postcount=81

cheekyangus 24-10-2020 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36054763)

You said yourself it was speculation. I was confirming it now the channel had decided.

I think the 2x Quest +1 channel moves you mentioned will happen too, given the way the EPG policy works on Freeview.

There is the potential for most of the 70s to reorganise or shuffle up soon. They may do it when the major 1-place shuffle happens in November.

cheekyangus 27-10-2020 00:11

Now it's the 27th as I post this, the following Freeview changes are going to happen today according to a new a516digital tweet.

The Horror Channel move was known already (see earlier post), the others won't be a surprise as many of us guessed they were likely.

ITVBe+1 moves from 97 to 57

Horror Channel moves from 70 to 68

Quest+1 moves from 76 to 69

Quest Red+1 moves from 72 to 70

https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...1890432​

cheekyangus 27-10-2020 09:03

​Official Freeview page confirmation of today's changes. https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/27-o...changes​

cheekyangus 27-10-2020 19:10

​User TYCO on Digital Spy has said CCXTV is no longer registered to Ideal World and is now under the ownership of UKTV. No source is given.

Since Yesterday+1 (Ch75) was added months ago I've been thinking it was a placeholder for Eden to go Free-To-Air. It's only on from 5am-7am daily so it needed a stream, which this would give it, as well as a much better EPG number. Yesterday is currently Ch25, so maybe it would switch to Ch23 and any CCXTV replacement would be on Ch25 (26 from November).

CCXTV, at LCN Ch 23, is currently the most prominent channel not being affected by the process to move BBC4 in Scotland to within the Top 24 by moving every channel between 24 and 54 down a place.

cheekyangus 29-10-2020 16:35

​The Accessible TV Guide (Ch 555) has now launched. Rather than just the EPG listing previously mentioned on here.

Details, including requirements, can be found here. https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/29-o...v-guide​

A video can be found here explaining it. youtu.be/uJ2Sy-afZTg​​

Media Boy UK 01-11-2020 15:45

When playing about with my Freeview EPG to see what was on last Tuesday Night I found that Studio 66 (Channel 679) is now broadcasting from 10pm to 6am (extra two hours was starting at midnight).

But we can see where the extra hours are coming from so maybe using an new stream?

cheekyangus 01-11-2020 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36055866)
When playing about with my Freeview EPG to see what was on last Tuesday Night I found that Studio 66 (Channel 679) is now broadcasting from 10pm to 6am (extra two hours was starting at midnight).

But we can see where the extra hours are coming from so maybe using an new stream?

I vaguely recall someone saying something along those lines on Digital Spy. There were no further details given except speculation it was GB News (which sounds awful, so I hope it's wrong).

cheekyangus 04-11-2020 16:30

Today's channel shuffle in detail.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/4-no...hannel-changes

The short version: BBC4 In Scotland moves to 24 from 55, everyone from 24 (ITV4) to 54 (5Select) moves 1 position e.g. 5Select is now 55.

cheekyangus 17-11-2020 00:01

​POP Player is bringing kids TV catch-up to Freeview Play. And new content to those not in coverage areas for their 3 channels (POP, Tiny POP, POP Max). Source @ukdtt on Twitter.​
https://twitter.com/ukdtt/status/1328477453036236807