Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Movie news, trivia and other snippets (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707314)

General Maximus 13-08-2020 07:55

Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Brilliant, i love those films and there is so much more story to tell

General Maximus 29-08-2020 08:14

Chadwick Boseman aka Black Panther has died. Absolutely gutted :(

https://news.sky.com/story/black-pan...attle-12058931

Damien 29-08-2020 13:35

So shocking, especially when we didn't know he was sick. So young too.

I wonder what they'll do about BP2. Presumably Shuri will take over and they'll have to re-do what they have.

Chris 29-08-2020 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36048063)
So shocking, especially when we didn't know he was sick. So young too.

I wonder what they'll do about BP2. Presumably Shuri will take over and they'll have to re-do what they have.

Principal photography for BP2 hasn’t started yet. AFAIK they weren’t going to begin until next year. At this stage they can either re-cast or rewrite. Re-casting is simpler but given the ground breaking nature of that part of the MCU it might not be appropriate. Rewriting takes advantage of the fact that the Black Panther is always whoever the king of Wakanda is, and not just one person like Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent. Handling the death of T’Challa without Chadwick Boseman to play him does however throw up its own sensitivities. I don’t know what they’ll do, but the Marvel production team is phenomenally good at what they do and I think whatever they come up with will be suitably honouring to Boseman and his legacy within the MCU.

General Maximus 29-08-2020 14:14

yeah. I am hoping they have got a tonne of footage they haven't previously used and will be able to do something, even if it is completely fake and CG, to have him in the next film briefly and facilitate the transition to a different character.

Damien 29-08-2020 15:52

Well it's been subject to a number of production delays that were chalked up to Marvel adjusting it's releasing schedule for the new phase of films. Maybe that wasn't the reason....

I highly suspect that they knew he had cancer. It's almost a certainty they knew as he would have various medical and insurance checks for the role and it would have been hard to keep his treatment secret during the filming of Black Panther and Avengers.

So they probably already do have an outline of what they intend to do.

pip08456 03-09-2020 20:23

I think all of you know Mulan will be released tomorrow for £19.99 on Disney+.

For those who don't want to pay Disney plan on making it free in December.

General Maximus 03-09-2020 20:56

I am really looking forward to Mulan, I wish they had done a simultaneous dual release for VoD and cinema because I would have gone to the cinema to see it.

cimt 03-09-2020 22:24

Same but I'm not paying that price to see it on VoD. I'll wait till December to see it.

General Maximus 03-09-2020 22:57

I know most people who want Disney+ will have got it by now but releasing Mulan for free on the normal service would have surely garnered a few more subscribers from those who were wavering.

Stephen 03-09-2020 23:01

They will be losing a lot of money by skipping the theatrical release so I guess charging 19.99 will earn them a lot of money instead.

Chris 03-09-2020 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36048603)
I know most people who want Disney+ will have got it by now but releasing Mulan for free on the normal service would have surely garnered a few more subscribers from those who were wavering.

A few more subscribers wouldn’t get close to recouping the $200 million reportedly spent on it. Disney has been appallingly bad at putting newly commissioned tv shows on + so far (Mando is a notable exception), so there’s absolutely no way they’re about to start throwing their would-be theatrical releases at it. And frankly, nor should they. Everyone is always so quick to argue the studios should give out free stuff, but there seems to be precious little comprehension of the economics at play here. The only reason a studio spends that kind of money (thus securing the expertise and resources to make it look really, really good) is because a good cinema run can earn it back and then make a profit.

Damien 04-09-2020 10:20

I also want theatres to maintain their exclusivity window. Much prefer seeing films in a cinema.

denphone 05-09-2020 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36048582)
I think all of you know Mulan will be released tomorrow for £19.99 on Disney+.

For those who don't want to pay Disney plan on making it free in December.

Then patience is a virtue methinks.

General Maximus 05-09-2020 18:36

It is well worth £20, it is a cracking film. I would have paid more than that had I gone to the cinema and paid for parking and sweets and popcorn etc.