Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Snippets & General Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13018)

Paul 30-05-2004 16:26

TV Show Snippets & General Information

A few bits of information I have picked up today :)

Enterprise - S4 confirmed - but will be the last unless viewing figures improve.

Andromeda - S5 should have started filming on May 25th.

Babylon 5 - Rumours of a film are very strong - still awaiting confirmation from JMS.

Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July.

Dr Who - The BBC have (apparently) settled with Terry Nations estate to allow the Daleks to appear in the new series. The first episode "aliens" are rumoured to be the Autons.

Firefly - A film ("Serenity") with all the cast is in production.

Battlestar Galatica - The series in in production for a 2005 debut.

Dead Like Me - Series 2 is in production for (I think) the Autumn.

Charmed - Rumoured that Season 8 will be the last, not bad considering that S7 hasn't launched yet !.

On a side note - Both incarnations of one of my favourite baddies - "The "Master" from Dr Who - are now deceased. Roger Delgado (the original) died in the early 1970's - His replacement (Anthony Ainsley) passed away a few weeks ago - he was 71.

homealone 30-05-2004 16:31

Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

All very good news, except 'Dead like Me', which I never got into and the news about 'The Master'. Thanks Pem :tu:

Maggy 30-05-2004 16:41

Thanks Pem.

Anyone heard anything about the Red Dwarf film?I can't find anything later than April 2003 about filming taking oplace in Australia and summat about a September shoot.

Incog.

abailey152 30-05-2004 16:51

I'm looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica series. I never liked the original, but the new pilot film was very good. I especially like the new blonde Cylon :naughty:

punky 30-05-2004 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas
Thanks Pem.

Anyone heard anything about the Red Dwarf film?I can't find anything later than April 2003 about filming taking oplace in Australia and summat about a September shoot.

Incog.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHH!!! Ahem, :)

A bit more info: Apparently, it has only just started filming, and guess what: it has the original Holly. The bloke, Norman Lovett. How cool is that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0276447/

Paul 30-05-2004 17:08

Quote:

Filming was due to start this month but none of my sources can confirm if it actually has. See Red Dwarf: The Movie :)

homealone 30-05-2004 17:32

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by punky

A bit more info: Apparently, it has only just started filming, and guess what: it has the original Holly. The bloke, Norman Lovett. How cool is that?

and I'm glad they went with Chloe Annett, rather than Clare Grogan, for Kochanski. :drool:

ZrByte 30-05-2004 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky

Thats not really supprising, he played holly for the last series aswel plus he was the original incarnation of holly (default if you will) Ive heard this movie will ignore everything that has happened to the dwarfers during the series and will kinda be in a timeline of its own (I think its mostly so that people who havent seen Red Dwarf will know whats going on) so Holly owuld have never met Hilly and as such wouldnt have changed his appearance in memory of her. Apparently it will deal with the radiation leak, listers 3million years in stasis, thier return home and the destruction of the Dwarf all in the one movie (Would have liked for there to have been some continuity from the series but I dont see how they could have done with the situation in the last episode).

BTW does anybody have any info for what they planned for a conclusion to series 8? I heard that supposedly Ace Rimmer Saves Rimmer from the disolving Red Dwarf and reunites him with the other dwarfers who have jumped to another dimension through the quantumn mirror but I never heard anything else about it.

Quote:

Firefly - A film ("Serenity") with all the cast is in production.
I heard that since Buffy finished last May and now that Angel has finished Joss Weldon has a lot of free time and was hoping to do a revival of Firefly, a movie seems as good a way as any :)

Quote:

Dr Who - The BBC have (apparently) settled with Terry Nations estate to allow the Daleks to appear in the new series. The first episode "aliens" are rumoured to be the Autons.
You do realise that after hearing this I will be shouting exterminate in a screachy voice at everybody in the pub later dont you??
Im not that big a Dr. Who buff though, could you tell me who the autons are? are they those brain thingies that created the Daleks? (I dont even know if what I just said is right, I think it is :D )

Quote:

Babylon 5 - Rumours of a film are very strong - still awaiting confirmation from JMS.
I hope so, I wonder if they will deal With Steven Franklin (Rich Biggs) death in anyway?

aliferste 30-05-2004 18:58

Battlestar Galatica :)

homealone 30-05-2004 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Im not that big a Dr. Who buff though, could you tell me who the autons are?

http://www.wilson203.freeserve.co.uk...TheAutons.html

:)

dilli-theclaw 30-05-2004 19:27

I saw a new design for the Dalek in an old Dr Who magazine - I hope they go with an updated Dalek.

Paul 09-06-2004 21:09

Another snippit I picked up - rumour has it that they are going to make a Star Wars Series, set after the ROTJ movie. :)

Earl of Bronze 09-06-2004 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pem
Another snippit I picked up - rumour has it that they are going to make a Star Wars Series, set after the ROTJ movie. :)

A mate of mine was talkin about that series a short while ago. Appariently it is gonna be a Botta Fett/Bounty Hunter tipe gig.

I think. :erm:

Paul 01-10-2004 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July.
Battlestar Galatica - The series in in production for a 2005 debut.

Just a reminder ;

Stargate starts on Tuesday 5th October at 8pm.

Stargate Atlantis starts on Tuesday 12th October at 9pm.

Battlestar Galatica starts on Monday 18th October at 8pm

All on Sky One.

:D

dilli-theclaw 01-10-2004 01:30

Quote:

Just a reminder ;

Stargate starts on Tuesday 5th October at 8pm.

Stargate Atlantis starts on Tuesday 12th October at 9pm.

Battlestar Galatica starts on Monday 18th October at 8pm

All on Sky One.

:D

Yeah - I just ordered a load of discs for my dvd recorder :)

p.s. Don't forget the Galactica film will be on before the series starts (for those that haven't seen it ) the 14th i think...

SOSAGES 01-10-2004 09:46

:) = my edit :)

Quote:

A few bits of information I have picked up today :)

Enterprise - S4 confirmed - but will be the last unless viewing figures improve.

:) Seen a mini workprint of the first looked ok and the first few eps sound interesting from what i read

Andromeda - S5 should have started filming on May 25th.
:) its already started airing on tv the second one is out today i think

Stargate - The Atlantis spin-off debuts on the Sci-Fi channel in July. The main series Season 8 also lauches in July. -

:) Atlantis 1+2 are very good after that prepare for a huge let down - SG1 s8 lacks RDA big time as hes off looking after kids but its watchable - a lot better than atlantis

Charmed - Rumoured that Season 8 will be the last, not bad considering that S7 hasn't launched yet !.

:) S7 is out now i think upto #3 #4 is airs on the weekend.

You missed Farscape peace keeper wars mini series - should be good i have just started watching farscape and its good i couldnt stick with andromeda but i will go back to it when farscape and voyagher s4 are finished :)

oh and smallville Season 4 is out now #2 was just shown

enterprise s4:
Quote:

"Storm Front" is the name of the fourth-season premiere, picking up where the bizarre cliffhanger of "Zero Hour" left off. Director of photography Marvin Rush has adopted the use of a Sony 900 digital camera, after conducting tests with it last week on the standing ship sets and some exteriors. Those tests proved that the new generation of high-definition video now easily rivals film in look as well as practicality.

"If anything, it's neck-and-neck with film. And I'm just talking about aesthetics, image to image. I'm not talking about other aspects of how easy [the digital camera] is to work with or how flexible it is," Rush told STARTREK.COM.

In two days of tests, Rush's team was able to shoot more footage than planned, in less time than budgeted. And when they showed the footage to executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, "they both walked out of the room and said basically, 'Wow, why weren't we doing this before?
Spoilers for ep 1 in white under the image so it dont p!ss people off

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2004/10/25.jpg

Start( Having mysteriously survived the destruction of the Xindi superweapon, a battered Archer awakes to find himself back on Earth in the 1940s in the custody of Nazi SS agents, and learns that Nazi-uniformed aliens have successfully helped Germany invade the United States. When he manages to break free of his captors, Archer joins forces with American resistance fighters to unravel the conspiracy behind the occupation.
Meanwhile, believing Archer sacrificed himself to save Earth, T'Pol and the battle-weary Enterprise crew attempt to figure out how to return to their own time. But then a near-dead Daniels appears and informs them that the future has been wiped out by a faction of the Temporal Cold War, the same faction responsible for the altered events on Earth, and they must be stopped.
)End:

Sounds like a good un http://www.fileheaven.org/forum/imag...on_biggrin.gif

SOSAGES 01-10-2004 09:53

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2004/10/24.jpg

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will continue the adventures of astronaut John Crichton and his intergalactic comrades. Newly engaged and expectant parents John Crichton (Ben Browder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) have been chased around the galaxy and have fallen in love, and now all they want is for their baby to be born and live in peace. However, they will first have to survive an all-out galactic war between the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers as well as the myriad outlandish and unexpected surprises that have become the hallmark of this award-winning series.

Episode # 89
First Aired October 17, 2004
Production Code #MPK01/02
Writer: David Kemper and Rockne S. O'Bannon
Director: Brian Henson

COMMANDER JOHN CRICHTON (played by Ben Browder)
OFFICER AERYN SUN (played by Claudia Black)
KA D'ARGO (played by Anthony Simcoe)
CHIANA (played by Gigi Edgley)
NORANTI (played by Melissa Jaffer)
SIKOZU (played by Raelee Hill)
RYGEL (voiced by Jonathan Hardy)
Guest Starring:Paul Goddard (as Stark) Rebecca Rigg (as Commandant Mele-On Grayza) David Franklin (as Braca); Duncan Young (Emperor Staleek); Francesca Buller (War Minister Ahkna)

Peacekeeper War Trailer

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars at TVTome
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars at Sci-Fi

SOSAGES 11-10-2004 10:53

anyone catch the new enterprise?

wasnt to bad..

dilli-theclaw 11-10-2004 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES

wasnt to bad..

Do you mean episode 1 from season 4?

It wouldn't be too bad if it hadn't been done so many times before and was full of plot holes and inconsistancys....

But I'm not going into details 'till it's been aired over here :)

Anyway - I'll see how this mini arc pans out before I REALLY say what I think... But if it carrys on this poor it will definately be the end of the series.

Graham 11-10-2004 21:16

Quote:

wasnt to bad..

Err, when was it on???

dilli-theclaw 11-10-2004 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham
Err, when was it on???

It hasn't been on here yet - It was on UPN in america last week (with part 2) this friday.

This is why I'm not going into why I didn't like it :) - It would give too much away.

SOSAGES 11-10-2004 21:50

well it wasnt that bad - worth a watch

dilli-theclaw 11-10-2004 22:18

Quote:

well it wasnt that bad - worth a watch

Well once they've used their desperate ploy to get more viewers by having Bent Spiner in the series in a couple of weeks - THEN I hope they manage some original stories :) (with my fingers crossed that they don't find the money to pay William Shatner to be in it as well)

If it was original, and we hadn't seen much the same thing before - then I think I'd have been more impressed - but yes - it is worth a watch.

Graham 12-10-2004 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
It hasn't been on here yet - It was on UPN in america last week (with part 2) this friday

Well you might have mentioned that!!
:mad: ;)

dilli-theclaw 12-10-2004 09:17

Quote:

Well you might have mentioned that!!
:mad: ;)

It'll probably be on sky1 after Galactica finishes its run...

One day it may even be on ch4 - although I wouldn't hold your breath.

SOSAGES 12-10-2004 10:46

or just get it like we did

even if its rubbish i will watch it so few sci fi shows these days have to watch em to get my fix.

dilli-theclaw 12-10-2004 11:18

Quote:

or just get it like we did

even if its rubbish i will watch it so few sci fi shows these days have to watch em to get my fix.

Don't get me wrong - I AM looking forward to some of the storys this season :D

Just not the first 4 or 5 episodes is all I'm irritated with.

I wouldn't miss enterprise for the world :D

SOSAGES 12-10-2004 11:35

i kinda like enterprise a lot has happened in the past 3 seasons and all last season was very good as it had a story arc unlike the voyager / TNG eps who went from week to week meeting new alien almost getting killed by alien and escaping. ds9 had a good story arc and so did some of the other great sci fi / fantasy shows bab 5 farscape ds9 buffy etc, even sg1 kinda has a story but far to many random episodes of them going through the gate and something going wrong invloving time or one of them "missing" yet he/she can still see the others.

Graham 13-10-2004 00:58

I have to admit that the only reason I keep watching it is sheer disbelief that it could get any worse...!

dilli-theclaw 13-10-2004 09:14

Quote:

I have to admit that the only reason I keep watching it is sheer disbelief that it could get any worse...!

I think the cliffhanger from the end of Series 3 was it's lowest point :)

So the only way from there is up :D

dilli-theclaw 14-10-2004 15:57

For those that are interested this is just a reminder that the Battlestar Galactica (2003) film is on sky 1 at 9pm (with part 2 tomorrow night at 9.05pm) both parts finish at 11pm.......

Also don't forget the series starts Monday :)

Maggy 14-10-2004 17:35

Quote:

For those that are interested this is just a reminder that the Battlestar Galactica (2003) film is on sky 1 at 9pm (with part 2 tomorrow night at 9.05pm) both parts finish at 11pm.......

Also don't forget the series starts Monday :)

Why a two parter at two hours a pop?What would be so awful about four separate hour long episodes 4 weeks in a row?Not everyone can watch tv two nights in a row or wants to.I'm sick of all those shows that run for 4 hours but split into two shows on subsequent days.Frankly I can't be bothered because I just get apoplectic about the constant ad breaks which increase in number during a two hour episode.

Anyway I think I will pass as a protest about Starbuck being turned into a woman.

dilli-theclaw 14-10-2004 17:37

Quote:

Why a two parter at two hours a pop?What would be so awful about four separate hour long episodes 4 weeks in a row?Not everyone can watch tv two nights in a row or wants to.I'm sick of all those shows that run for 4 hours but split into two shows on subsequent days.Frankly I can't be bothered because I just get apoplectic about the constant ad breaks which increase in number during a two hour episode.

No idea - I've got it on dvd, it was a tip for people who WANT to watch it.

Quote:

Anyway I think I will pass as a protest about Starbuck being turned into a woman.

Good idea.

SOSAGES 14-10-2004 17:37

first 2 parts were made early this year in an attempt to get the show running it was a "mini series" almost a pilot for the show it proved popular and got good reviews so was awareded its own series

SO SAY US!

Maggy 14-10-2004 17:39

Quote:

first 2 parts were made early this year in an attempt to get the show running it was a "mini series" almost a pilot for the show it proved popular and got good reviews so was awareded its own series

SO SAY US!

Ooooh I'm so scared I'm shaking in my boots.NOT! :p: :p: :p:

SOSAGES 14-10-2004 17:41

=) its from the show at the end - its a good start to a show i think as its the start of the galaticas adventure i think it will be a bit like voyager in that respect

dilli-theclaw 14-10-2004 17:43

Quote:

You didn't like Starbuck being a woman - I didn't like the cylons becoming humanlike.... Nice enough looking tho... I suppose

And I don't think there was enough of the new robotic ones - I hope they fix that in the series.

dilli-theclaw 14-10-2004 17:54

Quote:

=) its from the show at the end - its a good start to a show i think as its the start of the galaticas adventure i think it will be a bit like voyager in that respect

I wonder if Kobol will be all egyptian when they get there.....

ZrByte 14-10-2004 23:12

Quote:

SO SAY US!

I thought it was "so say we all"

Paul 15-10-2004 00:04

Quote:

I thought it was "so say we all"

It was. :D

SOSAGES 15-10-2004 00:36

ahh well i suck but i havnt seen it since Dec 10th 2003 :P

ZrByte 15-10-2004 00:39

Quote:

ahh well i suck but i havnt seen it since Dec 10th 2003 :P

If thats the week it came out then niether have I :)

dilli-theclaw 15-10-2004 00:42

I'm certainly looking forward to Monday :)

Just to test out my dvd reocorder of course :) - nothing to do with the new series :)

SOSAGES 15-10-2004 15:55

dvd release
Quote:

The Final Frontier
First, the least surprising news in the group: Star Trek: Enterprise is coming in 2005. We've had confirmation from StarTrek.com that Enterprise was in-the-works, after months of rumors from our good friends at TheDigitalBits.com told us all to expect this. Now we can tell you that Par's plans go well beyond the first season: while you'll see that release sometime in the first half of the new year, the goal is to space out subsequent season sets in the Summer (think July), early Fall, and pre-Thanksgiving. This means that you'll get all four seasons of Enterprise in time for the Winter holidays, which will surely give the series a boost should the folks at UPN decide to continue producing new episodes after the current (4th) season is up.

Maggy 15-10-2004 16:35

Quote:

I'm certainly looking forward to Monday :)

Just to test out my dvd reocorder of course :) - nothing to do with the new series :)

Not me!I'm going to be watching the Sci fi channel for that legal series set in the near future followed by the new series of the Dead Zone on Monday.Much better story lines. :)

Incog.

dilli-theclaw 15-10-2004 16:37

Quote:

Not me!I'm going to be watching the Sci fi channel for that legal series set in the near future followed by the new series of the Dead Zone on Monday.Much better story lines. :)

Incog.

I'm waiting for them to repeat Crusade - I missed it :(

Not seen The Dead Zone I must admit.... is it any good?

Maggy 15-10-2004 16:50

Quote:

Not seen The Dead Zone I must admit.... is it any good?

Well I loved the film with Christopher Walken but the lead actor in the series is doing an excellent job.There is also a good basic storyline unfolding through the last series into this one but some of the subtext plots have been excellent.The writers are very good at surprises. :)

dilli-theclaw 15-10-2004 17:01

Quote:

Well I loved the film with Christopher Walken but the lead actor in the series is doing an excellent job.There is also a good basic storyline unfolding through the last series into this one but some of the subtext plots have been excellent.The writers are very good at surprises. :)

It's Stephen King isn't it? - I'll try and catch a couple of episodes....

...I saw an advert for 'Hex' while I was watching Galatica last night, I think I may give that a go as well...

homealone 15-10-2004 17:03

Quote:

<snip>

I don't know if it was just me being unfamiliar with the Babylon 5 genre, but I couldn't 'get into' Crusade, especially the captain, who I thought was the most wooden actor since Pinocchio. :shrug:

- and the 'technomage' character was just annoying (is he Edward Woodward's son?)

dilli-theclaw 15-10-2004 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
I don't know if it was just me being unfamiliar with the Babylon 5 genre, but I couldn't 'get into' Crusade, especially the captain, who I thought was the most wooden actor since Pinocchio. :shrug:

- and the 'technomage' character was just annoying (is he Edward Woodward's son?)

I've only really seen the pilot.... Anyway I really like my B5 and I'd like the complete set :)

I know it's coming out on dvd next year - but if sci fi repeat it I won't need to buy it :)

Maggy 15-10-2004 17:07

Quote:

I just would have liked the series to have finished as it should have.Bluddy TV moguls who have no imagination. :2up:

homealone 15-10-2004 17:21

Quote:

I just would have liked the series to have finished as it should have.Bluddy TV moguls who have no imagination. :2up:

I actually stopped watching before the 'end', but yes, totally agree :tu:

- mutter mutter, Earth 2, Firefly, Jake 2.0 - humphf :(

ZrByte 18-10-2004 21:51

So what do we think of the first episode of BSG?
Im very impressed so far, its Rather bleak & apocalyptic but then I like that :)
Im also very impressed with the Centurians, I was so dissappointed we didnt see more of them in the mini series movie.

dilli-theclaw 18-10-2004 21:57

Quote:

Im very impressed so far, its Rather bleak & apocalyptic but then I like that :)
Im also very impressed with the Centurians, I was so dissappointed we didnt see more of them in the mini series movie.

Couldn't wait for the last ten mins huh ;) :D

Actually - I quite liked it.... I must admit I like the apocolyptic stuff too....

And although I do like the new centurions - I'm also hoping there's a cameo of the old ones :)

ZrByte 18-10-2004 22:00

Quote:

Couldn't wait for the last ten mins huh ;) :D

Actually - I quite liked it.... I must admit I like the apocolyptic stuff too....

And although I do like the new centurions - I'm also hoping there's a cameo of the old ones :)

I knew there wasnt long left and I was impressed enough allready so since the PC is next to the TV I figured I would post during the last break :D

Well whats her face said in the movie that the old ones still have thier uses so im sure we'll see them.

homealone 18-10-2004 22:59

Quote:

It was the first time I had seen the 'mini series' last Thursday/Friday, so that was still fresh, I enjoyed both it and the new episode :)

Mal 18-10-2004 23:10

Quote:

It was the first time I had seen the 'mini series' last Thursday/Friday, so that was still fresh, I enjoyed both it and the new episode :)

I just saw the mini-series last week too and I enjoyed it. I know it's too early to say, but the series seems to started off in the same style.

SOSAGES 19-10-2004 00:41

anyone watch new farscape?

Maggy 19-10-2004 10:35

:erm: I was watching Century City on the Sci Fi channel.Raised a very interesting theme based on the idea of genetic profiling on unborn babies might lead to a situation where couples will specifically refuse the homosexual gene for their unborn child and a doctor who thought that this was wrong was slipping in the gene anyway where ever he could.He then got caught out and was sued for emotional distress by the parents to be.It was very thought provoking.

Incog. :)

Chris 19-10-2004 11:03

Quote:

Damn good first episode. Blindingly good in fact. It did the bleak, post-apocalyptic thing just superbly. It's all the better because when you strip it down, what actually happened in that episode? Not an awful lot. We dropped in on a bleak situation and hung around for an hour while everyone got tired and depressed. Then we left - but with one small difference, the population number on the whiteboard that had been dropping throughout the episode went up by one because a baby was born on board Rising Star (nice use of a name from the original series!). The sheer understatement of it eclipsed anything I have seen in Star Trek for a great many years.

They also opened up a new angle that we didn't have in the original series - what happened on the colonies after the war? I can't wait to find out what turns up there.

Stephen 19-10-2004 12:05

I liked the new BSG except the documentry style camera kept making me dizzy all that wizzing around and zooming in and panning out.

Mal 19-10-2004 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I liked the new BSG except the documentry style camera kept making me dizzy all that wizzing around and zooming in and panning out.

I actually liked that style, it's what helped make it a bit different. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris T
Then we left - but with one small difference, the population number on the whiteboard that had been dropping throughout the episode went up by one because a baby was born on board Rising Star (nice use of a name from the original series!).

Is it me but aren't a lot of the ships seen in the new series, from the original? I seem to remember a few of them. :shrug:

Stephen 19-10-2004 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
I actually liked that style, it's what helped make it a bit different. :)

Is it me but aren't a lot of the ships seen in the new series, from the original? I seem to remember a few of them. :shrug:

I think they are trying to keep some of the original stuff in it eg the ships and characters names.

Chris 19-10-2004 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal

Yep, I definitely recognised one or two.

ZrByte 19-10-2004 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda
I think they are trying to keep some of the original stuff in it eg the ships and characters names.

There is a hell of a lot of similarities, The main difference is that in this series instead of the cylons wining the war that the original series was about we faught to a stalemate, then the Cylons went into hiding and came back bigger and badder than ever.

The only main differences between this and the original are...
The original war didnt go as one sided as it did in the original series.
Everyone is 50 years younger, basicly just so they could use known names from the original series.
The Galactica is smaller (At least it looks that way), though I think this was to make it look less like a crockodile and more like a millitary ship.
The colony of the 12 government seems sickeningly identical to the american Government of today.
They dont really believe Earth exists.
They have lost the Egyptian them that Galactica had in the original, shame since I liked that, it gave them a link to our past :(

im interested to see if they get back to Earth or not. I wonder if it is going to be like voyager with the main plot forever being about getting to Earth? or if it will be like the original where they stumble accross us and the rest of the series will be about Earth & Galactica?
Im also wondering what state we will be in technologically, will it be now? will it be the 1980's? will it be the near future? or will it be the distant future?

dilli-theclaw 21-10-2004 20:06

1 Attachment(s)
And in other news from the bbc website here's the new dr who logo...

homealone 21-12-2004 12:08

I've just heard about a new Sci Fi series, which should show in 2005, called Starhyke.

A bit more info at

http://www.starhyke.com/

Cast includes Rachel Grant (see brainiac reference in the 'girls you lust after' thread') http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=1502

and also Suanne Braun (played Hathor in SG1) :drool:

TheBlueRaja 21-12-2004 12:34

Quote:

And in other news from the bbc website here's the new dr who logo...

Is that real? I ask because - well - it looks a bit cheap and nasty - like fan art.

dilli-theclaw 21-12-2004 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by theblueraja
Is that real? I ask because - well - it looks a bit cheap and nasty - like fan art.

It is from the official BBC site, so yup, it sure is real.

dilli-theclaw 02-01-2005 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by theblueraja

I just saw an ad for the new series on the telly, and they did indeed use that logo on there too.

Sorry.

Mal 02-01-2005 21:50

Quote:

I've just heard about a new Sci Fi series, which should show in 2005, called Starhyke.

A bit more info at

http://www.starhyke.com/

Cast includes Rachel Grant (see brainiac reference in the 'girls you lust after' thread') http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...postcount=1502

and also Suanne Braun (played Hathor in SG1) :drool:

It's got to be a comedy, if this list of characters is right. :erm:

Graham 02-01-2005 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal

Someone has *got* to be having a laugh...! :rofl:

AndrewJ 02-01-2005 22:14

What about Dark Angel :( want that back on my telly.

aliferste 02-01-2005 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal

You are correct...it is a comedy!

Mal 02-01-2005 22:31

Sorry

aliferste 02-01-2005 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
Sorry

Why are you aplogising?

Mal 02-01-2005 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliferste
Why are you aplogising?

Possibly a misunderstanding :)

aliferste 03-01-2005 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
Possibly a misunderstanding :)

Looks like it :)

Graham 03-01-2005 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJames
What about Dark Angel :( want that back on my telly.

Then I suggest you watch Channel 5 on Thursdays at 7:15 pm and you'll be a happy man!

dilli-theclaw 13-01-2005 09:53

Just another heads up...

Sky 1 is showing the series of Tripping The Rift at 10.05pm from tomorrow night.

The scifi channels site is here http://www.scifi.com/tripping/
more info here http://www.sadgeezer.com/tripping/

Original (Pre pilot) movie from here http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/738

There are going to be offensive areas on this site - so be warned.

I've only seen the pilot and the original animation that the series is based on but I thought they were quite funny.

homealone 13-01-2005 10:15

Quote:

Just another heads up...

Sky 1 is showing the series of Tripping The Rift at 10.05pm from tomorrow night.

The scifi channels site is here http://www.scifi.com/tripping/
more info here http://www.sadgeezer.com/tripping/

Original (Pre pilot) movie from here http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/738

There are going to be offensive areas on this site - so be warned.

I've only seen the pilot and the original animation that the series is based on but I thought they were quite funny.

that looks really amusing - thanks, dilli - will definitely check that out :tu:

Nugget 13-01-2005 14:04

I don't know if anyone has said about it / seen it but, just for info, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars is showing on Sky One, starting on Sunday (16th) at 9 o'clock.

Having missed it originally, I'll be tuning in, so this is just for info :tu:

SOSAGES 17-01-2005 09:57

i had just got round to watching all 4 seasons of farscape and while i think some of it was real cheap and poorly acted most of it was magic :) the main dudes are great and the way its got a constant story line is superb - i also really enjoy Johns use of earth terms to all the aliens as he pretends his name is Luke skywalker etc :) i watched peacekeeper wars last week and it was good - shame we didnt get another few seasons :(

Paul 25-01-2005 00:46

A few recent snippets;

* The new Dr Who is now expected to air at Easter. The first two episode titles are Rose & The end of the world. The Dalek(s) appear around about episode 6.

* The firefly film Serenity is now not going to air until the end of September 2005.

* The 9th season of Stargate SG-1 has been ordered (20 eps). Production starts in March 2005.

* The 2nd season of Stargate Atlantis has also been ordered (20 eps), again production starts in March 2005.

* Another Babylon 5 movie has been ordered and begins production in April 2005 - it is believed to be set in 2062, just after the defeat of the Shadows and Galen (known mainly from Crusade) will appear in it.

Plonking 25-01-2005 01:03

ok,

here's a question to test the true fans out there: anyone here been to an actual sci-fi convention? i've been to several, and am going for the first time in three years in a couple of weeks time :tu:

i last went when i was 18, and my other half (who i've managed to convert into being even more of a star trek fan than she used to be) wanted to see what it was all about.... i warned her that it would be scary, but she wanted to go, and plus it's around my birthday - so we got tickets. and, fortunately, that means we get to see patrick stewart for several hours in the afternoon, lol!

P

sir_drinks_alot 25-01-2005 01:03

oh other snippet and some good news for all you superman fans out there,
after more than a Decade on the Drawing board superman 5 Finely starts
Filming on March 3rd !!! :tu:

Graham 25-01-2005 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plonking
here's a question to test the true fans out there: anyone here been to an actual sci-fi convention?

Not an actual sci-fi convention, but I went to the Discworld convention last year.

Quote:

i've been to several, and am going for the first time in three years in a couple of weeks time :tu:
Is that Redemption?

If not, you may be interested: it's for B5 and Blakes 7 fans...

http://www.conventions.org.uk/redemption/

punky 25-01-2005 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
oh other snippet and some good news for all you superman fans out there,
after more than a Decade on the Drawing board superman 5 Finely starts
Filming on March 3rd !!! :tu:

It is a shame that Kevin Smith isn't writing or directing it though, like he was oiginally supposed to :(

Mal 07-02-2005 21:55

Quote:

* The firefly film Serenity is now not going to air until the end of September 2005.

In the Total Film magazine, it said that the ETA for it was in November 2005. The official site states 30.9.05, but that probably will be the US release date.

I hope it gets a full release, not just one cinema in a 100 mile radius.

Mr_love_monkey 24-02-2005 11:36

Not sure if this is the best place to put it...

Major Star Wars Ep 3 spoilers and pictures : http://www.tpu.fi/~t4jlaaks/ep3/

homealone 04-05-2005 20:26

For anyone interested, who may have missed it first time round, Sci-Fi channel are repeating the (short) series of 'Firefly', 1st episode starting tonight 8pm ;)

dilli-theclaw 04-05-2005 20:27

Quote:

For anyone interested, who may have missed it first time round, Sci-Fi channel are repeating the (short) series of 'Firefly', 1st episode starting tonight 8pm ;)

Which figures as I've just bought the box set.....

Oh well :)

homealone 04-05-2005 20:34

Quote:

Which figures as I've just bought the box set.....

Oh well :)

I think I will keep an eye out for that, myself, dilli :tu:

dilli-theclaw 04-05-2005 20:35

Quote:

I think I will keep an eye out for that, myself, dilli :tu:

http://www.choicesdirect.com/templat...uctGuid=663817

Only £15 not bad - not bad at all.

homealone 04-05-2005 20:52

Quote:

http://www.choicesdirect.com/templat...uctGuid=663817

Only £15 not bad - not bad at all.

bargain - ordered one, thankyou very much for the link :tu:

Maggy 04-05-2005 21:04

Quote:

B*gger! It clashes with Sienfeld and we can't miss that can we??? :rolleyes:

dilli-theclaw 26-05-2005 09:09

Does anyone remember Earth 2?

Well it's finally getting a DVD release.

At the moment just in America - but I guess I can import it :)

Electrolyte01 26-05-2005 09:22

Quote:

Ohh I so remember that. My dad used to always watch it when ever it was on :)

ZrByte 26-05-2005 14:07

Quote:

I remember finding it funny that the only place it seemed to air was on sky 2, wich ironicly got canceled around the same time :)

homealone 26-05-2005 14:15

Quote:

thanks for that Dilli, July release, by the looks of it - another example of a show with huge potential being prematurely axed by the network. The Terrians have to be the coolest alien race ever - how they can axe stuff like that, but show crÃÃâ€*’©pe like 'Dead like Me', I just don't know...