Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Updated: Boris resigns as party leader (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710650)

pip08456 19-01-2022 21:03

Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36110309)
I heard some pretty good news from Mr. Boris today

He said almost all restrictions are being lifted,thats quite g00d!!!

How about this from Boris today?

Quote:

Confronted by the nation’s biggest challenge since the Second World War and the worst pandemic since 1918, any government would get some things wrong.

But this government got the big things right.
Source

Mick 19-01-2022 21:13

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36110292)
Apologies, I didn’t realise there was a time limit on relevant facts…

I’ll bear that in mind the next time anyone brings up the last time the Labour Party were in power…

You can say what you like when that happens and it will still be highly irrelevant, given the point is, the MP who’s defected today, is a big fat hypocrite having sponsored a Bill to force those who defect to hold a by-election.

Great shame the official young Labour camp does not welcome him.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1642627711

pip08456 19-01-2022 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36110320)
You can say what you like when that happens and it will still be highly irrelevant, given the point is, the MP who’s defected today, is a big fat hypocrite having sponsored a Bill to force those who defect to hold a by-election.

:clap::clap::clap:

Mr K 19-01-2022 21:43

I'd go for the by-election. Labour would win by a landslide atm, given the minute majority last time and the current polls. Same with the other 'red wall' seats. The Tories have been exposed for what they are and Northern voters won't be fooled again.
'Leveling up, my arse ! ' as Jim Royal would say !

nffc 19-01-2022 21:45

Quote:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1642627711

Wow, the little snowflakes have found a backbone.

Hugh 19-01-2022 22:44

Quote:

I think any MP (or Local Government representative) who changes Party should have a By-Election in their Constituency, whatever their Party - I was impressed when Carswell did that.

Speaking of hypocrisy, that brings us back to the topic subject - all those in No. 10 (and other departments) making rules and laws for the country, then flaunting those rules and laws themselves, then lying about it and covering it up.

Mick 19-01-2022 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36110335)
I think any MP (or Local Government representative) who changes Party should have a By-Election in their Constituency, whatever their Party - I was impressed when Carswell did that.

Speaking of hypocrisy, that brings us back to the topic subject - all those in No. 10 (and other departments) making rules and laws for the country, then flaunting those rules and laws themselves, then lying about it and covering it up.

I don’t recall ever disagreeing with the second part of your post.

1andrew1 19-01-2022 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36110301)
Yes, he did say that, but he said it because people keep alleging that he was warned it was illegal. Come on, Andrew, join the dots!

Enough people are prepared to testify they warned Johnson against the party.

The country has joined the dots and they BoJo spell out. Even David Davis knows this. Supporting Johnson to stay in power is in reality helping Starmer to win the next election.

pip08456 19-01-2022 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36110326)
I'd go for the by-election. Labour would win by a landslide atm, given the minute majority last time and the current polls. Same with the other 'red wall' seats. The Tories have been exposed for what they are and Northern voters won't be fooled again.

Who do you think the Labour candidate would be?

Damien 20-01-2022 06:55

Quote:

Agree with the by-election but it's important to remember that Young Labour don't welcome it because they simply don't like Tories and don't want them switching to Labour at all. It's about ideologically purity for them rather than the cold pragmatism of politics.

OLD BOY 20-01-2022 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36110326)

Interesting that you are not taking account of what his constituents are saying!

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36110346)
Enough people are prepared to testify they warned Johnson against the party.

The country has joined the dots and they BoJo spell out. Even David Davis knows this. Supporting Johnson to stay in power is in reality helping Starmer to win the next election.

I await seeing that with interest, Andrew. It’s all talk so far.

Talk of Boris Johnson’s imminent fall from power may be premature. We’ll see.

1andrew1 20-01-2022 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36110363)
Interestint that you are not taking account of what his constituents are saying!.

What do the polls say for his constituency? I would certainly favour a by-election there on principal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36110363)
I await seeing that with interest, Andrew. It’s all talk so far.

Johnson hinted the report is out next week.

1andrew1 20-01-2022 10:51

Interesting...
Quote:

Growing fears in Downing Street over how damaging the Gray report could be

Sky's deputy political editor Sam Coates has been picking up a sense of nervousness in Number 10 over what could come out when the Sue Gray report is published next week.

According to his sources, some in Downing Street are worried the Sue Gray investigation has come across damaging evidence, and are now doubtful the report will be able to "clear" Boris Johnson.
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...armer-12514080

Dave42 20-01-2022 11:03

Quote:

Robert Peston
@Peston
· 36m
I understand Sue Gray has found the email from a senior official to PM’s principle private secretary Martin Reynolds warning him the 20 May party should not go ahead, as per Cummings’s revelation and my blog below. So huge…https://itv.com/news/2022-01-17/why-...really-matters
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1484109819183255552

well well OB know your still gonna defend the undefendable

Damien 20-01-2022 11:07

Poor Boris. Imagine being let down by this staff like that! Looks like some more firings amongst his staff!

I think the Tories are spinning the report to be worse than it is as they know they've been referring it so much that everyone and their dog thinks it's rigged to clear him.