Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709861)

spiderplant 12-03-2021 16:49

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 36073970)
Err no thats not fair enough what if I'm at a friend's or staying in a home on holiday with Netflix , what about my mobile connection as well.

I read that they'll send a code to your phone to allow you access.

OLD BOY 12-03-2021 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36074000)
Two pictures attached - one from the Amazon Firestick and one from the Amazon Prime app on the V6. The one recommending Doom Patrol is the V6.

Both look the same list to me!?

I checked the 360 too and it looks the same as the V6.

It looks like you are in the ‘home’ section. From memory, when you first get into Prime on one of the sticks, running along the top of the screen are a number of options, the first two of which are ‘Search’ and ‘Home’. One or two options before the end of the line is a section called ‘Channels’ and there is a huge choice of channels in there. This does not appear in the V6 or Sky versions of Prime.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36074031)

I’m not sure what is achieved by that. If you’ve given your friend access, you would simply tell your friend what the code was, or confirm it on your phone.

How does that prevent you from sharing the streamer with a friend?

muppetman11 12-03-2021 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36074031)

I know I read that I was replying to another poster who suggested locking it to your home broadband IP.

1andrew1 12-03-2021 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36074032)
I’m not sure what is achieved by that. If you’ve given your friend access, you would simply tell your friend what the code was, or confirm it on your phone.

It's another barrier. Your friend may not bother, forget or take their time in sending you the code. In such circumstances, you might be tempted to sign up for a free trial to Netflix and then they've potentially got another subscription.

ozsat 12-03-2021 17:13

Are you talking about LIVE channels which are different to 'Amazon Prime Channels' ?

Stuff like Pluto add-ins which are dragged in from the apps ?

Quote:

It looks like you are in the ‘home’ section. From memory, when you first get into Prime on one of the sticks, running along the top of the screen are a number of options, the first two of which are ‘Search’ and ‘Home’. One or two options before the end of the line is a section called ‘Channels’ and there is a huge choice of channels in there. This does not appear in the V6 or Sky versions of Prime.

Legendkiller2k 12-03-2021 17:29

Quote:

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Would certainly help towards stopping hacked accounts though.

SonicMaster 13-03-2021 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36073560)
The article is incorrect, I believe. You cannot get Prime video channels on Sky or VM. The 'channels' section is excluded, which I think is a pity, because the exclusion of apps such as Britbox, Apple +, Disney +, etc would not be an issue for VM viewers if we had the full 'channels' version.

If you want the full version of Prime, you need to view it through the Fire stick, Roku or some other additional box or stick.

All 'Prime Video Channels' such as STARZPLAY, Shudder, and Hayu are available on Virgin Media and Sky Q via the Prime Video app, like on all other devices.

There is no 'full version of Prime' that we are missing out on.

OLD BOY 13-03-2021 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMaster (Post 36074101)
All 'Prime Video Channels' such as STARZPLAY, Shudder, and Hayu are available on Virgin Media and Sky Q via the Prime Video app, like on all other devices.

There is no 'full version of Prime' that we are missing out on.

We are talking about two different things. You can’t get Disney+, Discovery+, Apple+ and many other channels on the VM or Sky version of Prime. There is a huge range of channels available in Prime on the Amazon Fire and Roku sticks and boxes.

Hugh 13-03-2021 18:41

By "channels", do you mean "apps"?

OLD BOY 13-03-2021 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36074152)
By "channels", do you mean "apps"?

They are apps, but Prime refers to them as ‘channels’. This is probably where the confusion lies.

SonicMaster 13-03-2021 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36074150)
We are talking about two different things. You can’t get Disney+, Discovery+, Apple+ and many other channels on the VM or Sky version of Prime. There is a huge range of channels available in Prime on the Amazon Fire and Roku sticks and boxes.

Yes, you are confusing apps on the Firestick and Roku devices with the 'Prime Video Channels' available in the Prime Video app.

BritBox is being added to 'Prime Video Channels' so will be available on Sky Q and Virgin Media boxes just like all the other channels.

Obviously the full range of apps on Firestick and Roku devices isn't available on Sky Q and Virgin Media boxes as they have their own range of apps, managed by the respective platforms.

jfman 13-03-2021 22:18

More confusion.

jobbie8 14-03-2021 12:55

The Starzplay offer at £1.99 is offered on, The Starzplay standalone app, Prime as a 'channel', and VirginMedia.
If I subscribed via VM would I also have access to the other 'versions' ?

Legendkiller2k 14-03-2021 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36074150)

What are you on about? You can't get them channels on prime anyway.

OLD BOY 14-03-2021 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k (Post 36074230)
What are you on about? You can't get them channels on prime anyway.

You are looking at this too literally. As I have explained, there is an additional choice on the top row of the screen on an Amazon Fire stick and on Roku. The descriptor they use is ‘channels’, and yes, they are apps. Included in the choice are the channels (or apps) that I mentioned earlier.

That descriptor does not appear on the Sky and Virgin versions of the Prime app.

Take a look at both and you will see what I mean.