Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Deleted Recordings (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707045)

chrispy2000 10-11-2018 10:56

Deleted Recordings

I have just recovered a recording I had deleted and I noticed something strange. When I went to the recently deleted page, the page had 493 deleted programs. The thing is apart from one or two programs which I had recorded they were programs I have never watch or recorded.
Is this normal?

Taf 10-11-2018 11:11

Re: Deleted Recordings

I think most of them are hiccups that weren't actually recorded as they were duplicate transmissions or whatever.

Raider999 10-11-2018 11:20

Are they TiVo suggestions that the box has recorded then deleted through lack of space?

chrispy2000 10-11-2018 11:53

I recovered one of the recording and it went in to my shows. It had the record symbol but also had a hour glass symbol, and it played.
I don't see why it would be duplicates has they are I programs I have never watched.
Regarding lack of space it says I have only used 2%.

Hom3r 11-11-2018 12:22

I noticed in my hiccups are programmes that I have set to record but are not the latest series of that program or are the repeat.

nomadking 11-11-2018 13:36

When something is deleted/removed from "My Shows" it moves to "Recently Deleted Recordings", where it remains until you "permanently delete" it manually or the system deletes it because of lack of space. Nothing to do with suggestions or recording hiccups.

Raider999 11-11-2018 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35970122)
When something is deleted/removed from "My Shows" it moves to "Recently Deleted Recordings", where it remains until you "permanently delete" it manually or the system deletes it because of lack of space. Nothing to do with suggestions or recording hiccups.

Original post made it very clear that the deleted recordings included ones they hadn't recorded in the first place, hence my suggestions

OLD BOY 11-11-2018 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35970136)
Original post made it very clear that the deleted recordings included ones they hadn't recorded in the first place, hence my suggestions

I think you were right, Raider. The box automatically records suggestions and the deletes them according to the space left on the hard drive. So when it does that, those programmes appear with your other recordings that you deleted.

chrispy2000 19-11-2018 06:57

It seems Raider999 was partly right. They were suggestions hopefully turned that off
Help & Settings from the main menu. Settings, Recordings, Suggestions changed setting to off.
Can't under stand why they record then delete. Can't be because of space has have used only 2%.

Thanks All

spiderplant 19-11-2018 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy2000 (Post 35971379)
Can't under stand why they record then delete. Can't be because of space has have used only 2%.

It only keeps 50 Suggestions at a time.

japitts 19-11-2018 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35970122)

Randomly recently I was going through my deleted items folder to see how far it went back. It was generally as expected for all but the last 4 entries, being back to the past 5-6weeks worth. And then at the bottom of the list, 4 programs from March this year. I deleted those manually...