Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Safeman 11-10-2005 08:56

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Four Brother its got a top story line i thought it was brill

me283 21-10-2005 10:13

OK, a few more to add to the list:

"Don't Come Knocking" with Sam Sheppard and Jessica Lange. It's another thought provoker, but much better than "Broken Flowers". Jessica still looks amazing for her age. It moves a little slowly in parts, but a good watch nonetheless.

"Hitch" with Will Smith. Yep, nice and light-hearted, fun, a few good lines. Easy comedy. Liked it.

"The Big Lebowski" with Jeff Bridges and John Goodman (among others). Haven't got to the end yet, but really enjoying it.

Oh, I also watched a couple of rugby DVDs, with South Africa beating the All Blacks in last year's tri-nations. Great stuff!

Mal 21-10-2005 12:52

Lord of War - 7/10. It was good, but it could have been a lot more and Nicholas Cage's performance did help it along

Kaychsea 21-10-2005 13:53

Serenity:- 9/10 without hesitation.

dilli-theclaw 21-10-2005 14:02

Monty Python Holy Grail and Life of Brian - both quite funny - 7/10 each
The Land of The Dead (Uncut version)- Good, but messy 7/10
Batman Begins - Much better than I was expecting - 8/10
Robots - Ok (looking forward to cars) - 7/10

ellie 23-10-2005 21:40

Spiderman2 ..A cool 8½/10 https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2005/10/16.gif ..Gotta love a man in a spidey suit https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2005/10/3.gif https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2005/10/13.gif

etccarmageddon 23-10-2005 21:43

Mindhunters - excellent B movie thriller. not worth buying and not worth a cinema ticket but worth renting.

Chris 23-10-2005 21:45

Meet the Fockers, 7/10

ZrByte 24-10-2005 11:29

Crouching tiger hidden dragon. My god I hated this film when it first came out. Last night, however, I gave it another chance and after my girlfriend explaining that the floating around and stuff is more symbolic than anything else I sort of enjoyed the film. I'd give it about 7-8/10

Corpse Bride. You know when you see a trailer for a film and you worry that you have seen all the good bits in the clip? well this is the film that you have all been dreading, stay well away. 3/10 (and the three is only for the animation style).

Wallace & grommit and the curse of the Wer-rabbit. Funny from start to finish, lots of hidden jokes if you pay enough attention and a good blend of adult and childish humour to keep people of all ages interested. a deffinate 10/10 as its the best film I have seen this year.

Halcyon 25-10-2005 01:10

: Domino :

I gave this film 5/10.
Its good points are that keira knightly actually performs quite well and there are some good moments in the film, especially near the end.
It seems to go up and down, a good bit, then a bad bit, etc.
You have to be used to the directors fast paced camera action but I think that adds to the film, so fairpay to the director.
The storyline is a bit weak though.
Oh and I HATE rap music. Its full of it.

Anonymouse 25-10-2005 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
Wallace & grommit and the curse of the Wer-rabbit. Funny from start to finish, lots of hidden jokes if you pay enough attention.

My best friend and I saw it on Saturday; it's definitely the funniest film I've seen since Shrek 2. But with all the other people in the cinema, many of whom were adults, we just can't believe we were the only ones to get the joke when Gromit turned on the radio and it played 'Bright Eyes'!

Nick Park is without doubt a comic genius. Here's hoping he does another W & G. Two more. Several!

Mind you, as much as I respect Helena Bonham-Carter as an actress, I haven't been able to take her seriously since she appeared in Rik Mayall's Dancing Queen as a stripper from Rochdale. Anyone remember that?

One bloke at the stag do notices a tattoo on her upper thigh and asks, "What's that?"
She answers, in a really broad Rochdale accent: "It's a swallow. And don't ask - I dont."

Slyder 25-10-2005 07:01

Kung-Fu Hustle. 9/10 :cool:

Anonymouse 25-10-2005 07:26

Fave movies in the last year or two:

The Incredibles - my best friend had to talk me into seeing it, but I am so glad she did.
"Hey, if you suspected danger, why'd you bring 'em?"
"I didn't 'bring' 'em! They stowed away! And I don't think you're striking the proper tone here!"
The DVD collector's edition is superb, especially the short, "Jack-Jack Attack" - hysterical! "...I can totally handle anything this baby can dish out," says Kari confidently. She was wrong. So wrong. About as wrong as it is humanly possible to be. :p:

The Last Samurai - another one I got talked into; until this film I hadn't thought much of Tom Cruise. But he was really good in this; he does seem to be maturing as an actor, and choosing his roles more carefully.

Collateral - another one I got talked into. Is there a pattern here? :p:
I'm not into thrillers as a rule. So I was amazed at how much I enjoyed this film.

AVP - good, but not what us Predator/Alien fans were really hoping for. They did borrow bits from the original Dark Horse concept - namely that the Predators seeded planets with Aliens to hunt them as part of a rite of passage. The novels based on the comics refer to the Aliens in the Predators' language as the kainde amedha, the Hard Meat - as opposed to the pyode amedha, the Soft Meat...i.e. us. The character of Lex was almost the same as Machiko Noguchi, even to the extent of being Blooded by a Predator.

Spider-Man 2 - if there was ever a more human (and therefore realistic) superhero than the ol' webslinger, I've never heard of him. Even better than the first film, which is saying something.
Mind you, the more we see of Kirsten Dunst as a redhead, the better. Woof!

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - a bit rushed in places, not really enough backstory, but much better than the first two. I'm so looking forward to the Goblet of Fire!

School of Rock - I'm sure it's been done before. But it was still good.

Hitch-Hiker's Guide - I tried to like this as much as I loved the radio series. I really did. I've been a fan forever, but this was only good in spots. The Point of View Gun was an Adams-ish concept (assuming Douglas didn't come up with it, as they were still producing the film when he died). Zooey Deschanel made a very pretty Trillian and certainly looked the part, but I'm not sure she really took the role seriously enough. Trillian was, after all, supposed to be a double-degree honours student (maths and astrophysics). It wasn't a bad try, though. If there's a sequel, hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes.
And as for the theme song...
"The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed"
- well, what can you say? :p:

Tezcatlipoca 27-10-2005 14:35

Wallace & Gromit - Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Absolutely brilliant. Probably the funniest movie I've seen all year. Definitely recommended :tu:

Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Very good. Maybe not quite as good as the excellent "A Nightmare Before Christmas", but still really bloody good. Great animation, great voice cast, well worth watching :tu:

monkey2468 27-10-2005 21:50

Watched 'Cheerleader Massacre' on the Horror channel the other night and it was extremely poor!!:td:

Dave Stones 27-10-2005 21:54

last movie i saw was land of the dead. fantastically cheesy and gory at the same time... 7/10 :)

looking forward to Saw II tomorrow :D:D

Hom3r 27-10-2005 22:48

I find horror movies naff they normally always have a senario where they have to enter a room/area and they must have a weapon or torch and its mafunctioning and they still go in.

But I must go and see Land of the dead. GR breaks the rules in horror

dilli-theclaw 27-10-2005 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by david.ewles

Except the UK version is cut to shreds. Oh well....

Dave Stones 27-10-2005 23:01

Quote:

I find horror movies naff they normally always have a senario where they have to enter a room/area and they must have a weapon or torch and its mafunctioning and they still go in.

i'm only looking forward to saw II cos saw was great, and this version is like a slightly more evil version of cube.... if that's possible...

made by the same production company too, no wonder there are similarities ;)

Dave Stones 29-10-2005 14:57

following from my last post, Saw II. Plenty of parallels to Cube, which didn't surprise me as they are both made by Lion's Gate. Plenty of gory cringe-worthy deaths... Another great twist at the end too, leaves the way wide open for Saw 3 :D

Some poor acting though, which drags it down a bit ;)

7/10

zing_deleted 29-10-2005 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Except the UK version is cut to shreds. Oh well....

I got unrated I got unrated. So have you ;)

dilli-theclaw 29-10-2005 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb
I got unrated I got unrated. So have you ;)

Certainly have - and there's no comparison between the two :)

All I'll say is messy :D

Slyder 30-10-2005 11:27

Saw 2

Did anyone go see this over the weekend ?

I went to see if Friday night with the misses on its release and I thought it was a brilliant film. Defintly on par with the first one. I wont give any spoilers out but for the people who did like these films can find an animated prequal over @ Yahoo! called Saw : Rebirth

Linky Linky

Russ 07-11-2005 21:18

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Red Eye.

What a pile of old @rse.

Kliro 07-11-2005 23:39

The assasination of Richard Nixon

All I can say is - why did they bother making it?

Mal 12-11-2005 22:46

The Machinist - Very strange film, which is actually boring. It's one of those films that you only watch to the end of it, to see if there was actually a point to it.

Interesting to see Christian Bale so thin though. Especially as his next film was Batman Begins. :erm:

Halcyon 18-11-2005 23:51

18/11/05 - Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

I went to see this tonight and I'm glad I booked. The place waspacked but I did get good seats.
Anyway.... on to the film review....
I think this is one of my favourite ones out of the Harry Potter movies.
The first one was magical as everything was new, and then I thought "The Prisoner of Azkaban" was good, but "The Goblet Of Fire" is now definately one of my favourites.
Its very well produced and the effects are great too.
For the book readers, you will find a few of the sub plots missing but do realise the book was massive so they've done quite well to get all into one movie.
The charactars are now growing up and you can see new sides to them all... romance starting to take a part of their lives, and friendships breaking and building.
There is lots of action, many challanges for Harry and his team, and lots of new faces, so I definately reccomend it.

zing_deleted 19-11-2005 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon

I went to see this tonight and I'm glad I booked. The place waspacked but I did get good seats.
Anyway.... on to the film review....
I think this is one of my favourite ones out of the Harry Potter movies.
The first one was magical as everything was new, and then I thought "The Prisoner of Azkaban" was good, but "The Goblet Of Fire" is now definately one of my favourites.
Its very well produced and the effects are great too.
For the book readers, you will find a few of the sub plots missing but do realise the book was massive so they've done quite well to get all into one movie.
The charactars are now growing up and you can see new sides to them all... romance starting to take a part of their lives, and friendships breaking and building.
There is lots of action, many challanges for Harry and his team, and lots of new faces, so I definately reccomend it.

I went last night also.Best so far by a long way nice and dark and nasty.Excellent watch a must see

Aragorn 21-11-2005 15:20

Quote:

I went last night also.Best so far by a long way nice and dark and nasty.Excellent watch a must see

Saw the Goblet of Fire yesterday - great film, mixture of superb effects and emotional characters.

Slightly disappointed by the amount they cut out, but as a 'kids' film you get go much over 2.5 hours. I wonder if there'll be a LotR style extended version for DVD?

9/10

ScaredWebWarrior 21-11-2005 15:35

Quote:

Just turned up Sunday morning and got seats easily - even got a choice of performance times.

The film was excellent - all the usual cool magical effects and a nice brooding atmosphere throughout. Lots of details that will require further viewing (or it will for me, as I didn't read the book.)

The interplay between the main characters is becoming more interesting too - and not just the romantic threads, but simply the increasing complexity of the relationships/emotions.

I can heartily recommend it.

SOSAGES 21-11-2005 16:27

goblet of fire - 2/10 better than the last one where they had to write in some time travel to fix all the issues with the plot... harry go away your a naff wizard

jellybaby 26-11-2005 13:49

Watched Flight Plan last night...8/10

Very enjoyable :)

Stephen 26-11-2005 14:44

Goblet of Fire on 18/11, I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely getting more and more dark,can't wait til the next film.

to SOSAGES the book also had the time travel element in it.

Halcyon 27-11-2005 11:23

:: FLIGHT PLAN ::

When I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be briliant, and though it is a good film, I did feel let down half way through.
The start of it is quite interesting and there is a lot going on. However towards the end I felt it just turned into a typical movie thats been done a thousand times before.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FILM,
Spoiler: 
I think it would have been more interesting if: When she goes up into the loft of the plane and cuts the wires, then She would have become a hijacker.

I think I'd give it 6/10

Slyder 27-11-2005 11:32

Quote:

:: FLIGHT PLAN ::

When I saw the trailer for this I thought it would be briliant, and though it is a good film, I did feel let down half way through.
The start of it is quite interesting and there is a lot going on. However towards the end I felt it just turned into a typical movie thats been done a thousand times before.

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE SEEN THE FILM,
Spoiler: 
I think it would have been more interesting if: When she goes up into the loft of the plane and cuts the wires, then She would have become a hijacker.

I think I'd give it 6/10

Yeah me and the misses watched in Friday night. Id agree with all your points tbh. We enjoyed it. 6 maybe 7 out of 10.

etccarmageddon 27-11-2005 11:43

mr and mrs smith - a let down due to poor acting and a plot which any moron could have written.

sir_drinks_alot 27-11-2005 15:38

The Butterfly Effect -7/10

This movie is just to Confusing i could bearly keep up with the plot it was moveing that fast !

Marge 27-11-2005 15:51

Harry Potter, saw it last Sunday with the fella, I really enjoyed it, thought the special effects were stunning but found the storyline a bit difficult to understand. He was quite disappointed having read the book and already having seen it on the thursday :erm:

Electrolyte01 27-11-2005 17:57

Star Wars Episode 3 - 9/10.

Most enjoyable episode I've watched from the Star Wars series :)

clupet 28-11-2005 00:03

national treasure, a poor mans da vinci code, bit cheesy but good......can't wait until the da vinci code comes out please dont dissapoint me !!!

Halcyon 28-11-2005 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
The Butterfly Effect -7/10

This movie is just to Confusing i could bearly keep up with the plot it was moveing that fast !

Ah yes I remember watching this.
Very strange twisted film. But interesting too.

etccarmageddon 28-11-2005 11:50

better than the usual mass produced plotless hollywood crap. I'm all for films that arent instantly forgetable and make you think - so bring on more movies like butterfly effect and less 'national treasure' and 'mr/mrs smith'.

sir_drinks_alot 01-01-2006 08:41

thunderbirds could had been good it was all there ! but sadly thay massed Around with it to much weak plot and a even weaker cast meant that what
should have been a treat for tb fans turned in to a nightmare -10/10

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

oh dear me what a Disappointment this turned out to be there isn’t
enough story to fill the huge running time. that leaves it spred to
Thinly 1/10

etccarmageddon 29-01-2006 00:03

dark water - crap

adam sandler's remake - the longest yard - surprisingly entertaining.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

stealth - appaling cgi in places but entertainly (just)

Mal 29-01-2006 00:07

Saw this a few weeks ago...

Jarhead. Good, entertaining, but it might have been better if I had not seen Full Metal Jacket and Three Kings as well.

dilli-theclaw 29-01-2006 00:10

I completely forgot about this thread - so here's my what I watched at work last week.

The Fog (Remake) - 6/10
Harry Potter 4 - 7/10
Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the were rabbit - 7/10
Flightplan - 8/10
Doom - 4/10

Mal 29-01-2006 00:11

Quote:

I completely forgot about this thread - so here's my what I watched at work last week.

The Fog (Remake) - 6/10
Harry Potter 4 - 7/10
Flightplan - 8/10
Doom - 4/10

:notopic: Dilli...do you wear a hood? ;)

dilli-theclaw 29-01-2006 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
Quote:

The Fog (Remake) - 6/10
Harry Potter 4 - 7/10
Flightplan - 8/10
Doom - 4/10

MMMmmm :)

Mal 29-01-2006 00:30

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal
Quote:

The Fog (Remake) - 6/10
Harry Potter 4 - 7/10
Flightplan - 8/10
Doom - 4/10

MMMmmm :)

:notopic: Penelope better stay away from you then! ;) :D

Hom3r 29-01-2006 00:34

Quote:

The Fog (Remake) - 6/10

How close is it to the original?

Angua 29-01-2006 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

oh dear me what a Disappointment this turned out to be there isn’t
enough story to fill the huge running time. that leaves it spred to
Thinly 1/10

I would rate this 5/10 As a big fan of CS Lewis I was dissapointed by the haste with which the story lurched from one plot point to another (probably why it appeared thin). As for Susan the way she was portrayed in the film as wet and prissy just made me want to give her a :bsmack:when in the book she was thoughtful and sensible and where was Mr Tumnus' shirt, waistcoat and jacket :confused: The serialisation the BBC did was much better at moving the story along.

:td: To Aslans voice, the Witch and the height of the beavers.
:tu: The scenery, Aslan and fantastical creatures CGI and the voices for the beavers (good casting).

Hom3r 29-01-2006 00:39

Junst seen VOLCANO with Tommy Lee Jones.

Bit silly with a bloke in a subway train, justs in to the lava and manages to throw a bloke he was carrying to safety. the lava was combusting clothes in the shop windows, but not the clothes that people where wearing who where standing to close to the lava.

etccarmageddon 29-01-2006 00:42

I also enjoyed flightplan.

---------- Post added at 00:42 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

I strongly advise being in a coma before seeing dark water though - dont say I didnt warn you!

Bifta 29-01-2006 02:08

Watched Crash tonight, thought it was pretty good, my Mrs. forced me to sit through "Monster in law" which was utter tripe however.

zing_deleted 29-01-2006 02:27

Doom was ok
Underworld Evolution.If you loked the first one you will like this one.If you didn't then you wont.I really enjoyed it :)

Marge 29-01-2006 02:37

Saw "Hostel" and "King Kong" while in Florida.

Hostel 3/10 - gruesome film which I didn't really enjoy that much, more of a bloke film

King Kong 8/10 - effects were amazing but a few daft bits in it

Just as entertaining are the folk watching the films, when an American does good in a film (as in Hostel) everyone starts clapping and cheering, do they know it's not real ? :nutter:

zing_deleted 29-01-2006 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marge
Saw "Hostel" and "King Kong" while in Florida.

Hostel 3/10 - gruesome film which I didn't really enjoy that much, more of a bloke film

King Kong 8/10 - effects were amazing but a few daft bits in it

Just as entertaining are the folk watching the films, when an American does good in a film (as in Hostel) everyone starts clapping and cheering, do they know it's not real ? :nutter:

Some of em thing good ole W is a good president ,think that says it all ;)

dilli-theclaw 29-01-2006 20:58

Quote:

Quote:

The Fog (Remake) - 6/10

How close is it to the original?

I haven't seen the original so I can't say.

marky 29-01-2006 21:07

The original was Basicly a B movie, but i thought it was good ;)

dilli-theclaw 29-01-2006 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky

I'm keeping an eye out for it on tv/sky

Hom3r 29-01-2006 21:32

The original 'The Fog' will more likely be on TCM

zing_deleted 30-01-2006 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky

I do not remember it as a B movie.John Carpenter made a lot of good films around the same time one of which that sticks out is Escape from new york

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080749/ do not think this was a B movie

TheDaddy 30-01-2006 15:44

Quote:

I do not remember it as a B movie.John Carpenter made a lot of good films around the same time one of which that sticks out is Escape from new york

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080749/ do not think this was a B movie

Saw Escape From New York the other night, still quality, starting to look a bit dated now though, don't know what John Carpenter was thinking with Escape From LA

SMHarman 30-01-2006 16:49

"Very Bad Things" A Very funny black comedy about a Stag weekend / Wedding that goes very wrong. Have not seen it in ages - appeared through the door from ScreenSelect.

carlingman 04-02-2006 01:35

Went tonight earlier on and watched -

Walk The Line - 9/10.

Film will no doubt grab a few oscars.

Not particularly a Cash fan meself but an ace film and if you take away the height Joaquin Phoenix carries the part quite well.

Worth the watch.

phaze9 09-02-2006 12:25

Just seen "Munich" by Speilberg ... according to some critics it was supposed to be better than "Schindeler's List"...maybe they seen a different film from me.

Would give "Munich" 3/10 go see it if you have nothing better to do :dozey:

Gareth 15-02-2006 20:10

Took my son to see Hoodwinked last night... quality isn't quite of Pixar standards, but it was an enjoyable film nonetheless. Any parents wondering what to take their kids to see during half-term could do worse than going to see this.

Best way to describe it would be Shrek-like storyline with Ice Age-like animation. :D

Slyder 16-02-2006 06:39

Final Destination 3... Ill rate it 8/10

Fair enough, its rehashing what we have seen before (kids dying), but at the end where you see the last girl get on the route 180 train, I thought "ok nice touch".... It had some original parts and a few references to the original film

They really need to leave this series as a trilogy now thou, anymore is just gonna really rehash everything we have seen before, and no doubt I would score it 5/10 or less. :)

etccarmageddon 16-02-2006 08:02

no chance - if it makes loads of dosh there will be another.

uboat 22-02-2006 00:34

Last time I went to the cinema we went to see The Business - check out the film buy the dvd, its good - especially the soundtrack :)

Stuart 22-02-2006 01:16

Currently watching "The Long Good Friday" (extended re-release). Still the best London Gangster film I have seen.

Paul 22-02-2006 06:40

Finally got round to see Harry Potter 4 yesterday - excellent as always, and a bit darker than the previous three.

Halcyon 22-02-2006 10:30

Yeah I thought "The Goblet of Fire" was certainly a refreshing change from the others, which had got a tad repetitive in places. This one was one of the best ones of the HP films.

TheBlueRaja 23-02-2006 20:29

Just watched Open Water, the one where the divers get left behind - damn that is a grim movie - not exactly my idea of entertainment.

Pretty disturbing..:(

Stuart 06-03-2006 14:14

Saw two movies last week:

Walk the Line

Excellent Biopic of Johnny Cash. I am not really a fan of JC, but this was an interesting, well acted film. The music was also well done.

Reese Witherspoon also looks rather nice in it (as well as acting well).

Good night, and Good Luck.

Another excellent film. Very thought provoking. Especially as both US and UK governments seem to be doing exactly what McCarthy did in America in the 50's (spreading fear about an enemy, then bypassing the law to prosecute that enemy).

Mal 06-03-2006 14:21

I saw Syriana on Saturday. Pretty good film. Made you think about decisions made can effect other people

etccarmageddon 06-03-2006 14:43

bewitched - sureal and deserves an oscar for being so off the planet. recommended due to the complete devotion to the insane script by the director and the cast.

elisabethtown - got bored waiting for Elisabeth to turn up - ok film but mostly chick flick. a story of a strange romance. not recommended.

etccarmageddon 06-03-2006 18:40

into the blue - ok film - great underwater camera work.

pedantic 16-03-2006 23:11

Green Street (DVD)

Less than convincing cockney accents in this :erm:
An average film about football violence, probably only just about sellable because of Elijah Wood. 5/10

Mal 17-03-2006 12:37

I saw The Constant Gardener last week. Excellent film.

Tezcatlipoca 19-03-2006 18:25

Serenity (the "Firefly movie") -

9/10. Excellent stuff. Never seen Firefly, but watching Serenity caused me to go out & buy the Firefly DVD box-set (which is on my long list of stuff to watch, after my B5 boxes & Prison Break).

Saw 2 -

Very good. 7/10. Nice twists again.

Scrubbs 19-03-2006 18:33

The brothers grimm
Oh brother:erm: it was grim 3/10

pedantic 19-03-2006 20:24

The Devil's Rejects

This has to one of the worst film's I've ever seen 1/10 :td:

Boy Eats Girl

This made me chuckle :D A zombie film mixed with a bit of comedy 5/10

monkey2468 19-03-2006 21:29

Just watched Sin City 8/10 Very odd film.:)

etccarmageddon 22-03-2006 20:46

exorcism of emily bishop - very good film.

grubbymitts 27-03-2006 22:46

Hostel - 8/10 (The sauna scene WOOOOOOOOOO!)

greencreeper 27-03-2006 23:30

Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Just brilliant. The subtle comic touches, such as Wallace covering his modesty with a cardboard box labelled, "May contain nuts" :D Or the car windscreen wiper when Grommit is chasing the Were-Rabbit - has a setting for "Heavy loam" :rofl: Brillaint! 9/10

Shabba 31-03-2006 18:03

Currently watching "a matter of life and death" on E4. I'm in my late Thirties but i think this film and also "it's a wonderful life" would have to rate as the best ever :)

pedantic 08-04-2006 12:51

Cinderella Man (DVD)

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0352248/

Biopic of James J Braddock, a heavyweight boxer from the 1920's & 30's. The film tells the true story of how he and his family struggled, through the depression after the stock market crash. Superb perfomances by Russell Crowe (James J Braddock) and Renee Zellweger, who plays his wife. The film is 2 hours and 20 minutes long, but it keeps you riveted the whole time. It focuses largely on his and his family's struggle through the depression, but also leaves enough film time for his rise to glory again. Even for non-boxing fans, this is a great watch, and is thoroughly recommended.

Best DVD I've seen so far this year.

A must see. 8/10 :tu:

Orior 08-04-2006 19:28

Basic Instinct2.

Bag of ****e.

TheBlueRaja 09-04-2006 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orior
Basic Instinct2.

Bag of ****e.

Noooooo, it cant be, surely not... :D

Slyder 09-04-2006 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by grubbymitts
Hostel - 8/10 (The sauna scene WOOOOOOOOOO!)

Same here... last movie seen was Hostel. 8/10. :)

Tezcatlipoca 09-04-2006 20:13

V for Vendetta - Not read the graphic novel, but I really enjoyed the movie.

A History or Violence - Excellent thriller from David Cronenberg.

lilacsocks 11-04-2006 14:37

Narnia,
thought it would be naff, it had some bad blue screen scenes (say that when your drunk ;) ) but for some reason I really really enjoyed it!

7/10

TheBlueRaja 11-04-2006 23:17

Garden State with Nat Portman and that guy from Scrubs!

9/10 - Really enjoyed it, quite funny too.

etccarmageddon 11-04-2006 23:40

that's a class film.

ZrByte 12-04-2006 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
that's a class film.

Agreed, I really didnt think I would enjoy it (no spaceships or futuristic effects) however, I was glued to the screen from start to finish.

chocky909 12-04-2006 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
Garden State with Nat Portman and that guy from Scrubs!

9/10 - Really enjoyed it, quite funny too.

"That guy from Scrubs" wrote and directed that film too, Zach Braff.

The last film I watched was 'Ali' and it really didn't hold my attention but then I shouldn't watch films at the same time as using the PC. 7/10

Before that was 'Capturing The Friedmans' 8/10. Basically, great to see such a difficult subject tackled in such a non-sensational way (honestly I couldn't resist it, I spotted it as I was typing:erm:) but ultimately it was too open ended and I felt frustrated at the end. It made me want to research myself which is always the sign of a good film/documentary for me.

orangebird 12-04-2006 08:22

Ice Age 2 - Brilliant, 8/10. Having kids is a really good excuse to go and see films you'd look a bit weird going to if you were by yourself! :D

Druchii 13-04-2006 00:42

Ice Age 2, Excellent, went today and besides the little kids it was pretty damned good :)
Had me in stitches at times, and all my friends too :)

8.5/10