Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Hugh 28-10-2018 20:14

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Really enjoyed it, a balanced mix of humour and emotion, with cracking music.

ThunderPants73 14-11-2018 13:38

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Just bought all 3 on Blue ray.

10/10

ThunderPants73 29-12-2018 10:51

The Happytime Murders.

7.5/10 Actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Hugh 30-12-2018 18:30

Spider-Man:into the Spiderverse - 8/10.

Really enjoyable film, a couple of laugh out loud lines - would strongly recommend it.

General Maximus 30-12-2018 18:44

Aquaman: 7.5/10

I wasn't expecting much and thought Wonder Woman was just a blip but it was actually very good. They followed the same formula as Wonder Woman which isn't a bad thing and did the coming of age thing showing you him as a boy growing up and as we progressed through the film they expanded on the Atlantean culture and society and it all adds depth to the story and characters and make it more believable. The cgi was very good but the lighting/brightness/shininess underwater was going to bug me and hit my realism radar but they explained it away with their eye sight and vision and how they adapt to the underwater environment and I was okay with that.
Jason Momoa made the character in terms of the attitude and definitely the fight scenes. It was refreshing to have normal foes for once and not generic CGI bad guys. All round it is a good film and I would definitely go to see Aquaman 2.

The only niggle I have and this is a first, is the soundtrack. I think throughout the entire film you literally had 20 seconds when there was just silence and no music playing in one form or another. It was constant from start to finish and flipped between normal orchestral and something which sounded like they had ripped it straight out of Thor Ragnarok.

Damien 30-12-2018 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35977343)
Spider-Man:into the Spiderverse - 8/10.

Really enjoyable film, a couple of laugh out loud lines - would strongly recommend it.

I saw this yesterday. Best comic book movie of the year IMO. Preferred it to Infinity War. 9/10.

Shoplifters - 8/10

Tinky 31-12-2018 07:57

Philomena 10/10 Heartbreaking story of a baby that was sold against the mother's wishes to rich Americans, and the mother's efforts to trace her son. Oscar deserving performance by Judi Dench'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux14UBZR2y0

denphone 09-01-2019 05:32

Well it looks like this film won't be happening this year at least.

https://www.worldofreel.com/2019/01/...paramount.html

Quote:

Director S.J. Clarkson's "Star Trek 4" has been shelved, at least that's what Deadline is reporting in their annual assessment of upcoming Paramount projects for 2019.

Stephen 09-01-2019 07:05

I knew that would happen. When there is a falling out over cast and pay it doesn't always end well.

That happened months ago. Just rebóot the movies again lol. Start over.

denphone 09-01-2019 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35978510)
I knew that would happen. When there is a falling out over cast and pay it doesn't always end well.

That happened months ago. Just rebóot the movies again lol. Start over.

Yes there were strong rumours this would happen sadly.

Oops just realised l posted this in the wrong thread.:dunce:

General Maximus 09-01-2019 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35978510)
Just rebóot the movies again lol. Start over.

fantastic idea and this gives them an excuse to do it. I would love to see them move back to classic trek as we know it. If I won the euro millions last week I would go halves with them on production cost as an incentive for them to do it and mitigate any potential losses.

Damien 12-01-2019 18:18

Stan and Ollie - 8/10. Fun film, interesting with some depth. Relatively short which is a welcome break from the 2 hour+ epics film makers seem to think we should all watch.

Damien 26-01-2019 18:18

Vice - 6/10. Meh, a bit all over the place IMO. It just seems to drag at parts later on and you're wondering where it's going or why. Bale is v good though.

General Maximus 26-01-2019 19:09

I am going to start watching the Oscar films this week and I think I'll watch Vice first because I love Christian Bale.

Whatever you do don't watch Mortal Engines, it is the worst film I have seen in years and best example I can think of for comparison is Snowpiercer if you have seen it.

Mr K 26-01-2019 21:23

Stan and Ollie 10/10. Good in every way.
( Mind you, I haven't been to the pictures since 'Jurrassic Park', so I'm probably easily impressed !)