Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Other Digital TV Services Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Facebook Watch (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706987)

OLD BOY 27-10-2018 22:20

Facebook Watch

Try as I might, I cannot find out how to get into Facebook Watch!

If they are going to have any success with this app, they are going to have to make this a lot more accessible!

Given up for tonight, I'll have another go tomorrow.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of an easy way of getting in, I would be most grateful! I want to see it on my TV, not on my mobile.

OLD BOY 28-10-2018 00:37

Re: Facebook Watch

I mean, I've gone through various internet sites, including Facebook and YouTube, but can I get into this, hell!

Do they actually want anyone to watch stuff off their site? So frustrated! I don't have time for this!!!

pip08456 28-10-2018 01:24

Thankfully I'm not brain dead enough yet to use Facebook.

denphone 28-10-2018 06:01

Nice to know that billions of us out there are braindead.;)

Maggy 28-10-2018 09:29

How about we be helpful and keep on topic?

OLD BOY 11-11-2018 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35968316)
Thankfully I'm not brain dead enough yet to use Facebook.

I use it occasionally, but I do find the trivia that people post annoying.

However, I was interested in what their streaming service had to offer.

Hom3r 11-11-2018 13:24

Facebook helps me get in touch with old friends, and we are organising a 2nd reunion in the coming weeks.

Hugh 11-11-2018 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35970102)
Facebook helps me get in touch with old friends, and we are organising a 2nd reunion in the coming weeks.

Agreed - my FB is only open to family and friends, and through it I have regained contact with RAF colleagues, and keep up to date with what is happening in my family circles (who live all over the world).

FB is a tool, which can be used or abused, but you can control who can access your information, and that way not get dragged down into social media hell - if any of my contacts start being silly, they get blocked.

Maggy 11-11-2018 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35970111)
Agreed - my FB is only open to family and friends, and through it I have regained contact with RAF colleagues, and keep up to date with what is happening in my family circles (who live all over the world).

FB is a tool, which can be used or abused, but you can control who can access your information, and that way not get dragged down into social media hell - if any of my contacts start being silly, they get blocked.

:tu:

Gavin78 15-11-2018 22:16

I've got friends, family and work mates on facebook but again if they start posting crap I tend to use the block them for 30 days function.

OLD BOY 19-11-2018 17:14

This appears to be the answer I was looking for!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/712662...-rival-videos/

Stephen 20-11-2018 09:28

I have just noticed, I don't get the section on the mobile app. However I do actually have the section on the app on my Android tablet.

Stuart 07-12-2018 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35970111)

I agree. I make a fair amount of use of Facebook, mainly to keep in touch with family and friends, but also to look up old friends. I've locked my profile down as much as I can, and when I post something, I try and make sure it's not too specific. Even though what I see on Facebook is limited largely by what I (and my friends) do on the site, I am also wary of seeing everything I read on the site as true.

Will I bother with Facebook watch? Probably not. Ignoring our free to air channels, and the channels I get through Virgin Media, I already have access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sky now, various on demand apps and websites. I already have access to considerably more content that I would ever get time to watch.

nashville 07-12-2018 14:17

I like FB to keep in touch with family abroad and I like to follow my favourite country singers pages

RichardCoulter 07-12-2018 15:38

Does Cableforum have any social media presence?