Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

General Maximus 09-04-2021 09:42

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36076549)
you’re appealing for your filmic universe to be internally consistent, which is no bad thing.

hallelujah :tu:

Quote:

You like to have the rules of the universe spelled out and then you like your characters to be seen to be obeying them. You even have a name for it, you call it your “realism factor”.
exactly. Whatever the genre and story, I accept the world/universe for what it is (like I said above, I have no problem with monsters existing and fighting one another) and as such, if an event happens which contradicts those established rules then I have a problem with it because as far as I am concerned it is unrealistic for the universe which has just been described to us.. This is why I don't have a problem with The Expanse. It is absolute perfection and I can't think of a single thing I have seen in any ep which has hit my realism factor (feel free to correct me).

Chris 09-04-2021 09:51

Believe it or not I’ve not been following The Expanse ... me and missus couldn’t get past the extensive, gratuitous zero-g sex scene in the first episode, especially with three kids still wandering round the house in the evening.

General Maximus 09-04-2021 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36076554)
me and missus couldn’t get past the extensive, gratuitous zero-g sex scene in the first episode

that was a unique event. I can't recommend The Expanse enough. You don't need to wait until you get bored and need a new series to watch, The Expanse is that good that you can drop everything you are watching now and switch to The Expanse. It is a bit higgledy-piggledy to start off with like GoT was but by episode 5 you are well into it and it just gets better and better all the time. If you enjoy serious scifi like Star Trek, BSG and B5 then you'll love The Expanse. There isn't any nudity in it because there is realistic action and blood when necessary.

Mr K 09-04-2021 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36076588)
that was a unique event. I can't recommend The Expanse enough. You don't need to wait until you get bored and need a new series to watch, The Expanse is that good that you can drop everything you are watching now and switch to The Expanse. It is a bit higgledy-piggledy to start off with like GoT was but by episode 5 you are well into it and it just gets better and better all the time. If you enjoy serious scifi like Star Trek, BSG and B5 then you'll love The Expanse. There isn't any nudity in it because there is realistic action and blood when necessary.

Prefer Blake's 7 myself. Yes, all the planets are like quarries, but have you seen the pics from Mars? ;)

Jaymoss 09-04-2021 23:48

Thunder Force due to all the soaps being cancelled for something of no interest to me . It was ok funny in parts

---------- Post added at 22:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36076554)
Believe it or not I’ve not been following The Expanse ... me and missus couldn’t get past the extensive, gratuitous zero-g sex scene in the first episode, especially with three kids still wandering round the house in the evening.

rushes to Amazon to watch the first episode hehehe

Hugh 10-04-2021 00:04

If you’re going going to object to Kong vs Godzilla, can it at least be for the Square-Cube Law?

Dude111 15-04-2021 08:45

I last watched STAR TREK GENERATIONS (1994) on VHS :) (Recorded from analogue cable (Cinemax))

I give it I guess it 7/10 (Last STAR TREK movie I like)

General Maximus 15-04-2021 08:58

I can still remember going to see that at the cinema with my family and going for a curry afterwards

Chris 15-04-2021 09:01

It’s an odd-numbered Star Trek film.

General Maximus 15-04-2021 09:11

Still loved it

cimt 15-04-2021 11:49

Generations was terrible.

General Maximus 17-04-2021 19:07

I thought it was great, not as good as First Contact but still very good.

Chris 17-04-2021 22:03

Anyhoo ... middle child suddenly decided to be ‘in’ to Marvel, when all her pals on social media started raving about Wandavision. So she’s watching The Falcon & The Winter Soldier with us on Fridays now (and her Disney+ profile pic is Sebastian Stan all of a sudden :D ) ... and she’s been following the Disney+ MCU Timeline Order menu. So we’ve been going through the whole lot for a few weeks now, and tonight we watched Ant Man and the Wasp. We’re going to finish with an Avengers double feature binge tomorrow.

I’m a big Marvel fan and I think the MCU films just keep getting better. AMATW is great fun.

Pierre 18-04-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36077162)
Anyhoo ... middle child suddenly decided to be ‘in’ to Marvel, when all her pals on social media started raving about Wandavision. So she’s watching The Falcon & The Winter Soldier with us on Fridays now (and her Disney+ profile pic is Sebastian Stan all of a sudden :D ) ... and she’s been following the Disney+ MCU Timeline Order menu. So we’ve been going through the whole lot for a few weeks now, and tonight we watched Ant Man and the Wasp. We’re going to finish with an Avengers double feature binge tomorrow.

I’m a big Marvel fan and I think the MCU films just keep getting better. AMATW is great fun.

I don’t think there is a bad marvel film. Some are better than others but there isn’t a “bad” one.

Doesn’t the Current Marvel arc finish with Spider-Man far from home? Or is that the first of the new arc?

Chris 18-04-2021 10:08

They decided to place Far From Home at the end of Phase 3 because although it comes right after Endgame, it deals with Peter Parker’s grief over losing Tony Stark, who had become a mentor to him. So in a sense it’s carrying the implications of Endgame to their conclusion.

I’ve not actually got round to seeing it yet though ... annoyingly because of the rights mash up with Sony, Marvel-Disney can make the films but they can’t include them on Disney+.