Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Legends of Tomorrow (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700801)

Paul 19-05-2015 02:57

Legends of Tomorrow

Set to premiere in Jan 2016, as a 13 episode season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

ianch99 19-05-2015 14:44

Re: Legends of Tomorrow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35778725)
Set to premiere in Jan 2016, as a 13 episode season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

This looks good :D Do you know how we can see it here the UK?

BenMcr 19-05-2015 15:57

Both The Flash and Arrow are on Sky One, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pick up this too.

ianch99 19-05-2015 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35778802)
Both The Flash and Arrow are on Sky One, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pick up this too.

Many thanks, I will look out for this ..

Kymmy 20-05-2015 09:15

hmmmm... Poor persons Justice League?? I suppose without adding a few more "expensive" DC characters there's no way they could ever use the name which would cost them in it's own right. Looks like it'll be going down the road of Marvels:Agents of Shield (a good show in it's own right) in that you here about the goings on of the big characters (in this case Superman/Batman) but you never see them in the show.

Still though not sure flash or Arrow had many more series in them so it keeps those characters alive.

BenMcr 20-05-2015 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35778912)
Still though not sure flash or Arrow had many more series in them so it keeps those characters alive.

The Flash has only had one series so far?!

Stephen 20-05-2015 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35778912)
hmmmm... Poor persons Justice League?? I suppose without adding a few more "expensive" DC characters there's no way they could ever use the name which would cost them in it's own right. Looks like it'll be going down the road of Marvels:Agents of Shield (a good show in it's own right) in that you here about the goings on of the big characters (in this case Superman/Batman) but you never see them in the show.

Having just watched the Flash Season 1 finale, I can personally say I think you are wrong there. It shows a lot of promise. In the Flash/DC universe many of the names aren't small at all.

Also DC have stated their TV universe is seperate from the Movie one.

Kymmy 20-05-2015 18:03

Flash is a very poor story and nothing like the Barry from the comic books, as for Arrow I gave up on it half way through the first series. DC TV and film always seems to disappoint compare to Marvel equivalents which is strange as DC comics were always the better of the two. The only decent one was Smallville which being a prequel had more to offer as the main character grew on you as he grew up.

DC had a good success with the justice league cartoon so gawd knows why they didn't follow up with the TV show instead of bringing in a shows featuring the lower justice league members supported by some bit rate hero's.

Oh well there's already too much to watch on USA timelines

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35778947)

Also DC have stated their TV universe is seperate from the Movie one.

Never understood why they chose to do that as they could do wonders on TV as side plots to films

Stephen 20-05-2015 19:31

As AoS has proved, mixing TV and Movie universes can get complicated.

However I disagree about The Flash not being good. I think its one of the best comic series on TV just now and the Finale of the first season was almost perfect too. Mixing in so many other elements of the mythology and things yet to come.

The story of series 1 was very good and took many points and characters from the varies versions of The Flash and IMO did it very well.

It did also set in motion the seeds for the Legends series. So I think it will work well.

Supergirl also looks like it might be really good. Sure there will at some point be crossovers between the four series. arrow had been good but the later helf of season 3 was a bit rubbish.

Kymmy 05-01-2016 17:37

FYI this starts on Jan 21st

General Maximus 25-01-2016 21:42

I am literally just about to lie down in bed and watch it. I prefer Marvel stuff and love Agents of Shield. I really do like Arrow and Flash and I hope Legends of Tomorrow is just as good and not a cheap attempt to cash in on the expanded universe.

Paul 26-01-2016 18:58

I enjoyed the first episode last week.

General Maximus 26-01-2016 19:35

I am not too sure about this. I can see it being cancelled asap. All the characters are good in their own way and make great accessory/side characters in Arrow and The Flash but they just aren't strong enough to carry their own series. I watched it last night and I honestly wanted to turn it off half way through, I was bored. Now we understand where the show title "Legends of Tomorrow" comes from but how long are they going to be able to milk going after Vandal Savage for?

Kymmy 26-01-2016 20:34

Cross between a poor doctor who and a poor super hero group.. It's as though they've taken every sub character from Flash and Arrow that have run their course and made a show to reuse them.

General Maximus 26-01-2016 20:43

yup, and the problem is that they are good characters but only in moderation and when used properly. I love the Atom, his personality and the quips he comes out with but he needs to be around Oliver and Felicity for them to work properly.