Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 19-07-2004 01:08

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaccers
Alien 8/10
Watching Aliens atm (god I love my job) :D

Oooh, good choices :tu: :D

Although....

Director's Cut of Alien, or the theatrical version?

Special Edition of Aliens, or the theatrical version?

Xaccers 19-07-2004 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
Oooh, good choices :tu: :D

Although....

Director's Cut of Alien, or the theatrical version?

Special Edition of Aliens, or the theatrical version?

It's from the Alien Legacy box set, so there's the deleted scenes from Alien, like Dallas turning into an egg.
Aliens is the special addition with clips from Newt's tale
Got Alien3 and Ressurection to watch through the night

Paul 19-07-2004 01:21

Took the Kids to see Shrek2 on Saturday morning - and loved it. :D

Earl of Bronze 19-07-2004 01:22

Just watched Bowling For Columbine.

Excellent movie, and I am now convinced that all Americans are mad as a bag of foxes. :disturbd:

Tezcatlipoca 19-07-2004 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaccers
It's from the Alien Legacy box set, so there's the deleted scenes from Alien, like Dallas turning into an egg.
Aliens is the special addition with clips from Newt's tale
Got Alien3 and Ressurection to watch through the night

Cool :D

Bit of a long night, though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
Took the Kids to see Shrek2 on Saturday morning - and loved it. :D

I still need to see that.

Although I think the next film I'll be going to see will be Spider-Man 2... :D

Nugget 19-07-2004 09:05

Saw Spider-man 2 yesterday - absolutely fantastic. 10/10. Doc Ock was great and the fight scenes between him and Spidert-man were some of the best I've seen for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES
Spider man 2 - much like the first one it needs a proper baddy and for him to sort himself out - special fx were super but overall i felt a bit cheated it was kinda naff but visually stunning

But Doctor Octopus is probably the archetypal Spider-man villain - a good man turned bad by the accident in the lab and, let's be honest, how cool was it when he's climbing buildings and stuff?

Also, Peter Parker being a neurotic mess is part of the appeal of Spider-man - he had this thrust on him and, as a result, his life started to fall apart as he tried to keep his secret and help people. I thought that the way they handled his 'unmasking' in the film was fantastic.

dilli-theclaw 19-07-2004 18:10

I saw Galactica 1980 on Sunday.....

All I can say is oh oh dear :)

1 - maybe even 2 out of 10....

smegs 19-07-2004 18:34

saw Shrek 2 it was very funny really enjoyed myself :) i'd say 10/10

Tricky 19-07-2004 18:58

Final Destination 2 on $ky - Excellent film - Good levels of blood spillage!

SOSAGES 20-07-2004 09:02

i saw - "girl with a pearl earing" and i must say its a load of crap.
-10/10 :)

Tezcatlipoca 21-07-2004 14:27

Spiderman 2....

:shocked: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Awesome!

9/10

SOSAGES 21-07-2004 15:23

seems im the only one not to like spidey 2 :)

ZrByte 21-07-2004 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Saw Spider-man 2 yesterday - absolutely fantastic. 10/10. Doc Ock was great and the fight scenes between him and Spidert-man were some of the best I've seen for a while.

But Doctor Octopus is probably the archetypal Spider-man villain - a good man turned bad by the accident in the lab and, let's be honest, how cool was it when he's climbing buildings and stuff?

I thought spideys equal was another person who had gone through the same mutation as he has, can't remember the name, I want to say Venom but I dont know if thats right.
Now if the person I am thinking of doesnt appear in any of the future movies then you are right, Dr Oc is the closest to his equal.
Oh and he was very cool climbing those buildings, reminded me of a Squidy (Sentinal) from Matrix.

Quote:

Also, Peter Parker being a neurotic mess is part of the appeal of Spider-man - he had this thrust on him and, as a result, his life started to fall apart as he tried to keep his secret and help people. I thought that the way they handled his 'unmasking' in the film was fantastic.
The scene on the train when all the passengers are looking down on him almost brought a tear to my eye, very emotional scene, though im not sure exactly what it was about it that I think made it so good.

Nugget 21-07-2004 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZrByte
I thought spideys equal was another person who had gone through the same mutation as he has, can't remember the name, I want to say Venom but I dont know if thats right.
Now if the person I am thinking of doesnt appear in any of the future movies then you are right, Dr Oc is the closest to his equal.

Depending on which comics / stories you've read, Venom is an alien symbiote that infects JJ Jamesons (sp?) son, John (the astronaut who MJ was engaged to). As as result, he has much the same powers as Spidey but has a really funky black costume (which is actually the symbiote). He's supposed to be a bit stronger than Spidey, but it would be a great match up.

Romour control has it that Venom will be the villain in one of the later films (and would give a more plausible reason for John being in Spidey 2, other than just to get dumped :D ). The other rumour is that the Lizard will appear, fuelled by the appearance of Dr Connors in the film.

Mr_love_monkey 21-07-2004 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Depending on which comics / stories you've read, Venom is an alien symbiote that infects JJ Jamesons (sp?) son, John (the astronaut who MJ was engaged to). As as result, he has much the same powers as Spidey but has a really funky black costume (which is actually the symbiote). He's supposed to be a bit stronger than Spidey, but it would be a great match up.

Romour control has it that Venom will be the villain in one of the later films (and would give a more plausible reason for John being in Spidey 2, other than just to get dumped :D ). The other rumour is that the Lizard will appear, fuelled by the appearance of Dr Connors in the film.

Hmm.. I thought in the comics JJ Jamesons son was Man-Wolf - he bought back some rock from the moon with him that did it - and Venom was Eddie Brock (who got mentioned in the first film as well) - after the symbiote that Spiderman bought back after being on the 'Beyonders world' (I can't remember what the comic series was called), left him and bonded with Eddie.

Personally I reckon for the third film, it will be Lizard, and Hobgoblin (which is essentially Green Goblin with a different colour outfit).

Saw it on Sunday, thought it as quite a good film, quite entertaining... I just hate the way they have to kill off the villians...