Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Captain Tom Moore to be knighted after raising £33m for NHS charities (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709047)

pip08456 08-08-2020 16:58

Re: Captain Tom Moore to be knighted after raising £33m for NHS charities

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36046035)
As usual you miss the point.

I haven't missed any point. I know you don't mind twisting the truth any way as long as it suits your agenda.

Mad Max 08-08-2020 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36046037)
I haven't missed any point. I know you don't mind twisting the truth any way as long as it suits your agenda.

:clap::clap:

ianch99 08-08-2020 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36046037)

Yet again we get misdirection and obfuscation. No comment on this sleazy Government wasting more money that Captain Tom raised. They literally can do anything and you would not criticise them.

peanut 08-08-2020 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36046051)
Yet again we get misdirection and obfuscation. No comment on this sleazy Government wasting more money that Captain Tom raised. They literally can do anything and you would not criticise them.

Shhhush, don't diss the Tories...Nothing to see here, move along...

pip08456 08-08-2020 20:20

Quote:

Fact. The government cannot touch a penny of what Capt. Sir Tom raised, it went to NHS Charities and has nothing to do with the issue you brought up.
At best your assertion is either incorrect or an outright lie to further your agenda. You decide.

If anyone is guilty of misdirection or obfuscation it is you relating monies raised for an independant group of charities with Government spending overlooked and certified by career civil servants.

Sephiroth 08-08-2020 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36046066)
Fact. The government cannot touch a penny of what Capt. Sir Tom raised, it went to NHS Charities and has nothing to do with the issue you brought up.
At best your assertion is either incorrect or an outright lie to further your agenda. You decide.

If anyone is guilty of misdirection or obfuscation it is you relating monies raised for an independant group of charities with Government spending overlooked and certified by career civil servants.

Very well said.

Mad Max 08-08-2020 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36046066)

Absolutely spot on....

Paul 08-08-2020 21:32

Quote:

And all you seem to do is pop your head in every now to take digs at them.

You were wrong, suck it up and move on.

ianch99 08-08-2020 23:01

Edit: MOVE ON means exactly that.

Mad Max 09-08-2020 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36046081)
Edit: MOVE ON means exactly that.

:rolleyes:

pip08456 09-08-2020 02:00

Can we take the purchase of PPE or any other Government spending out of this thread as it has absolutely nothing to do with Capt. Sir Tom did with his fundraising.

I don't know about the rest of you but I find it offensive to what a 100 yr old guy did for NHS charities.

jfman 09-08-2020 03:59

Yes their ineptitude shouldn’t distract from the underfunding of public services. I for once agree with pip.

Sephiroth 09-08-2020 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36046094)
Yes their ineptitude shouldn’t distract from the underfunding of public services. I for once agree with pip.

A somewhat back-handed way of agreeing with Pip!

Well done Sir Tom.

Chris 09-08-2020 15:51

For the avoidance of doubt, move on means move on. This thread is for discussion of Captain Sir Tom Moore’s fundraising for NHS-focused charities, *not* for discussion of government allocation of the national health budget.