Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : YourTV is closing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708218)

cheekyangus 26-09-2019 17:33

YourTV is closing

YourTV is closing on all platforms on 27th September. I posted about it on Freesat forum, when I thought it might just be on there, but RXTVlog has just posted about closure of all versions on their Twitter.

Mad Max 26-09-2019 18:28

Re: YourTV is closing

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36011838)
YourTV is closing on all platforms on 27th September. I posted about it on Freesat forum, when I thought it might just be on there, but RXTVlog has just posted about closure of all versions on their Twitter.

Had me worried there for a bit..........:D;)

gba93 26-09-2019 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36011847)

Must only be YourTV cos MyTV's okay :)

OLD BOY 26-09-2019 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36011838)

I am sure it won't be missed. They stopped the listings for this channel on TV & Satellite Week months ago.

denphone 26-09-2019 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36011847)

l gather we are invited to your celebration party tonight.:D:D

OLD BOY 26-09-2019 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36011870)
l gather we are invited to your celebration party tonight.:D:D

Not enough to merit a bonfire yet, Den.

Talking of which, I wonder when Blaze will crash? That channel has been removed from TV & Satellite Week from Tuesday as well.

cheekyangus 26-09-2019 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36011872)
Not enough to merit a bonfire yet, Den.

Talking of which, I wonder when Blaze will crash? That channel has been removed from TV & Satellite Week from Tuesday as well.

Blaze is a bit weird, it has a +1 on Freeview that is on only on in the early hours for couple hours, doing the bare minimum to keep its channel number. And not only that but they still keep the TCC channel number space going, it being the channel they got the slot on Freeview from, and do the same bare minimum with that too.

RegularCapital 01-10-2019 15:06

YourTV did say a goodbye message before programmes - "Sadly we'll have to say goodbye to YourTV from Midday, however if you still like to see your favourite crime dramas like Bones and The Mentalist, you can find them on the FOX channel, on Sky, Virgin Media and NOW TV". The funniest thing is at the end of the last show (Body of Proof), the announcer said what the next programme actually should be - Castle. At the very end, the announcer said "YourTV is no more..." over a box of chocolates ident, freezes and then gone to black. About four minutes later the Virgin infocard appeared.

It just shows that the channel closed abruptly and Disney wanted to close it as soon as possible and the UK isn't the only country. In Italy, they closed Fox Animation, Disney In English (100% English version of Disney Channel) and Disney XD today. Disney Cinemagic (the very last Disney Cinemagic channel) closed in Germany and Disney XD was removed from Sky in Germany.