Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705924)

Cable Forum 13-01-2018 13:18

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

New Thread.

There is several U.S Election 2016 Investigations:

They are:

Robert Mueller's Special Council investigation in Russian meddling in the U.S Election in 2016 and whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power within the several branches of government. i.e Department of Justice and the FBI leading up to the Election and beyond.

Mick 13-01-2018 13:33

Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

I was planning on starting a new thread anyway and today is that day.

Just because the old thread had only 'Trump' in the title, did not mean he was the only thing to be discussed in that topic. So new thread and a title that is more inclusive.

Mr Banana 13-01-2018 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932358)
I was planning on starting a new thread anyway and today is that day.

Just because the old thread had only 'Trump' in the title, did not mean he was the only thing to be discussed in that topic. So new thread and a title that is more inclusive.

Back to your last post on the previous thread - I have no issue with anyone defending Trump - however I do have an issue when people defend a lie that he told. He blatantly lied when he said Obama gave the embassy away for peanuts. How can you defend that?

Mick 13-01-2018 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35932360)
Back to your last post on the previous thread - I have no issue with anyone defending Trump - however I do have an issue when people defend a lie that he told. He blatantly lied when he said Obama gave the embassy away for peanuts. How can you defend that?

Where in that thread did I defend him that he didn't lie about the embassy?

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Yep just checked, I never brought the embassy issue up once. So not sure where I can be accused of defending a lie when I have not even discussed the issue you raise and no I have not deleted any post just incase you suggest it. (other mods can check this in log). :)

Mr Banana 13-01-2018 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932361)
Where in that thread did I defend him that he didn't lie about the embassy?

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Yep just checked, I never brought the embassy issue up once. So not sure where I can be accused of defending a lie when I have not even discussed the issue you raise and no I have not deleted any post just incase you suggest it. (other mods can check this in log). :)

Apologies I have looked again and the post I was referring to is not in defence of the lie, you were pointing out that he should come anyway but probably thinks is a shit hole, thanks to the current Mayor ( I agree with that as well)

pip08456 13-01-2018 14:30

Evidence of BIAS and CORRUPTION on Mueller's Team Keeps Piling Up (allegedly}

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/h...eps-piling-up/

Mr K 13-01-2018 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932369)

Hardly a NEUTRAL site ! Didn't the same guy dispute Obama's birthplace and generally makes right wing conspiracy crap up ? A Trump disciple !

GrimUpNorth 13-01-2018 14:51

So when the going gets tough on the old thread, change the title (and terms of reference). Nice move Mick.

Cheers

Dave

Hugh 13-01-2018 14:52

Could you provide some background to the second part of your opening comment, please?
Quote:

U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power within the several branches of government. i.e Department of Justice and the FBI leading up to the Election and beyond.
I’ve searched using the first part of that phrase "U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power" and all I can find (besides general FAQs on the IG’s office) are articles about the possible misconduct of senior Trump Administration officials in the firing of James Comey and other matters, but nothing about any actual investigations that are underway.

https://www.brennancenter.org/press-...ble-misconduct
Quote:

Groups Urge DOJ Inspector General to Investigate Senior Officials' Possible Misconduct in Comey Firing
May 31, 2017

Washington, D.C. — Concerned by the nature of the involvement of the attorney general and deputy attorney general in the termination of FBI Director James Comey, the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law, the Center for American Progress, American Oversight, and Professor Kathleen Clark sent a letter today to Michael E. Horowitz, inspector general of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), urging that the DOJ Office of the Inspector General begin an investigation into possible abuse and misconduct by senior DOJ officials in connection with Comey’s firing.

“There are a number of unanswered questions about the role senior Department of Justice officials played in the firing of James Comey,” said Wendy Weiser, director of the Brennan Center’s Democracy Program. “A public investigation led by the nonpartisan inspector general is key to getting to those answers. A democracy guided by accountability and the rule of law demands nothing less.”
Is that what you meant?

There’s this one about the DoJ IG http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...linton-and-CNN
Quote:

Inspector general should probe DOJ on Clinton and CNN

The inspector general for the Department of Justice should investigate whether the Trump administration is applying unethical or illegal political pressure on the DOJ in ways similar to those leading to the articles of impeachment passed by the House Judiciary Committee against Richard Nixon in 1974.

In particular, the inspector general should consider two specifics matters

First, is Attorney General Jeff Sessions pressuring subordinates to pursue an investigation or prosecution of Hillary Clinton for partisan political reasons, without any basis in law or fact?

Second, is the DOJ opposing the merger of AT&T and Time Warner after political pressure from President Trump or those acting on his behalf, for the purpose of attacking CNN, a media organization Trump has repeatedly attacked, and to intimidate other media organizations, which the president has also viciously attacked?
However, none of these are about any actual investigations by an OIG, just about people wanting an OIG to investigate something (which is a completely different thing).

btw, which OIG do you mean, as there are 73 of them, as each (but not all) Federal agencies have their own OIG?

Update: I looked on the DoJ OIG website, and in the news section, found these -

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf
Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 12, 2017

DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that, in response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice (Department) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in advance of the 2016 election. Cognizant of the scope of the OIG’s jurisdiction under Section 8E of the Inspector General Act, the review will examine the following issues:

• Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director’s public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director’s letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 2016, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;

• Allegations that the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;

• Allegations that the Department’s Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;

• Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information;

and

• Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI’s release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.

The review will not substitute the OIG’s judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions. Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.
https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-12-02.pdf
Quote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE December 2, 2017

The Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General released the following statement in response to inquiries today:

The January 2017 statement issued by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General (OIG) announcing its review of allegations regarding various actions of the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation in advance of the 2016 election stated that the OIG review would, among other things, consider whether certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations and that we also would include issues that might arise during the course of the review. The OIG has been reviewing allegations involving communications between certain individuals, and will report its findings regarding those allegations promptly upon completion of the review of them.

pip08456 13-01-2018 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35932371)
Hardly a NEUTRAL site ! Didn't the same guy dispute Obama's birthplace and generally makes right wing conspiracy crap up ? A Trump disciple !

Did you not notice the allegedly in brackets that I added?

passingbat 13-01-2018 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932369)

It's Fox News and Hannity. It won't be believed or even analysed.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35932371)

Yes pip08456, you really should have used the BBC to get a 'NEUTRAL' source, or maybe the Grauniad ;)

Hugh 13-01-2018 19:43

Ah, the old ‘biased BBC’ meme, ignoring the fact that the Left think the Beeb is right wing, the Right think the Beeb is left wing, when in fact, it is biased (imho) towards the centre (which is why left and right wingers think it is biased - it is to the right of left wingers, and to the left of right wingers).

Hannity is to the right of right wingers, and unashamedly proud of it.

passingbat 13-01-2018 19:47

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by passingbat

This kind of thing, which I posted earlier.

Regarding the 'insurance policy, that Prety much means telling the states where Trump won that they are incapable of making the correct decision so We'll do t for you. (very New World Order)

There appears to be a bunch of highly influential decision makers, living outside of the law, pushing their own (globalist) agenda, This has been going on for years. Hopefully, Trump can in some part expose it.

Quote:

1Andrew1 replied:
That's all spin financed by offshore hedge funds keen to get the establishment player Donald Trump in a position of power for them.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...-robert-mercer
Quote:

Passingbat replied
You are welcome to to your opinion but l'll stick to mine.

Hugh 13-01-2018 19:52

That must be why he’s going to Davos - to expose it.

Trump, a multinational property developer depending on funds from multi-national banks, who hired for his administration senior execs from multi-national corporations, fighting the ‘globalists’ - yeh, right....

passingbat 13-01-2018 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932412)
Ah, the old ‘biased BBC’ meme, ignoring the fact that the Left think the Beeb is right wing, the Right think the Beeb is left wing, when in fact, it is biased (imho) towards the centre (which is why left and right wingers think it is biased - it is to the right of left wingers, and to the left of right wingers).

Hannity is to the right of right wingers, and unashamedly proud of it.

Hannity is very right wing; not my bag. But that is not why I watch. He seems, along with Investigative reporter Sara Carter and John Solomon from The Hill and a few others, got some very interesting evidence together. that needs to be exposed and investigated further. It's like pulling teeth but the authorities are now getting email evidence.

That 'insurance' bit should shock and concern all Americans, as should Hillary being exonerated before the investigation was even done.

Mick 13-01-2018 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932373)
Could you provide some background to the second part of your opening comment, please?

I’ve searched using the first part of that phrase "U.S Inspector General Investigation in the abuses of Power" and all I can find (besides general FAQs on the IG’s office) are articles about the possible misconduct of senior Trump Administration officials in the firing of James Comey and other matters, but nothing about any actual investigations that are underway.

https://www.brennancenter.org/press-...ble-misconduct Is that what you meant?

There’s this one about the DoJ IG http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...linton-and-CNN

However, none of these are about any actual investigations by an OIG, just about people wanting an OIG to investigate something (which is a completely different thing).

btw, which OIG do you mean, as there are 73 of them, as each (but not all) Federal agencies have their own OIG?

Update: I looked on the DoJ OIG website, and in the news section, found these -

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-01-12.pdf

https://oig.justice.gov/press/2017/2017-12-02.pdf

Glad to see you caught up in the end, who do you think found the text message from the FBI agent, Peter Strzok to his mistress regarding the 'insurance policy' on a Trump win and then told Mueller about it, who had no choice then but to remove Strzok from the Special Council team?

Mr K 13-01-2018 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932416)
. He seems, along with Investigative reporter Sara Carter and John Solomon from The Hill and a few others, got some very interesting evidence together. that needs to be exposed and investigated further.

Mr Mueller seems to be gathering a lot of evidence too, on the Donald, who is going to be in the dock very soon. Shame Hannity ( and friends) couldn't have exposed the numpty first, instead of their politically motivated fiction. The outfall from Donald is going to result in the Republicans losing power for a long time, so it would have been in his interest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...sights-donald/
Quote:

This week it emerged that Mr Trump is set to be called for interview by Mr Mueller, the special counsel investigating Russian election meddling.

It has triggered a flurry of activity in the White House, whose legal team is exploring whether answers can be provided in writing, and a tepid response from the man himself.

“We'll see what happens”, Mr Trump said, rowing back on a “100 per cent” promise last year to be interviewed if asked. He added it was “unlikely” to happen.

However reports suggest otherwise. Mr Mueller is expected to call for the US president to give testimony under oath within weeks, according to US media.

Two interview topics will be at the top of the list: obstruction of justice claims and the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

Mr Trump’s firing of James Comey, the FBI director leading the Russian investigation, is key to the former; his advisers’ interactions with Kremlin figures the focus of the latter.

The dangers are clear - it was Bill Clinton’s misleading testimony to a federal grand jury, not simply his affair with Monica Lewinsky, which triggered impeachment proceedings.

Hugh 13-01-2018 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932416)
Hannity is very right wing; not my bag. But that is not why I watch. He seems, along with Investigative reporter Sara Carter and John Solomon from The Hill and a few others, got some very interesting evidence together. that needs to be exposed and investigated further. It's like pulling teeth but the authorities are now getting email evidence.

That 'insurance' bit should shock and concern all Americans, as should Hillary being exonerated before the investigation was even done.

You appear to have forgotten Comey announcing a week before the election that pertinent emails had been found, then a bit later said that they hadn’t...

passingbat 13-01-2018 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932426)
You appear to have forgotten Comey announcing a week before the election that pertinent emails had been found, then a bit later said that they hadn’t...

Why would you think I'd forgotten?

Hugh 13-01-2018 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932432)
Why would you think I'd forgotten?

Because you mentioned the earlier action by Comey, but didn’t mention the latter - I assumed you had forgotten, because it wasn’t the complete picture without that, only one part that could be construed as him being partial to Clinton...

passingbat 13-01-2018 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932415)
That must be why he’s going to Davos - to expose it.

Trump, a multinational property developer depending on funds from multi-national banks, who hired for his administration senior execs from multi-national corporations, fighting the ‘globalists’ - yeh, right....

Trump is a believer in Sovereign state government. NWO Globalists believe that the Elitists should run the whole world and dictate to all nations policies on laws, and taxes etc. and force world wide immigration. Just like the EU elitists plan to do when Britain leaves

That is why Trump is under such attack; he's blocking their plan, because he doesn't believe in it; he believes in Sovereign state government,

The NWO will arrive at some stage; we're seeing the building bricks currently being laid.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932434)
Because you mentioned the earlier action by Comey, but didn’t mention the latter - I assumed you had forgotten, because it wasn’t the complete picture without that, only one part that could be construed as him being partial to Clinton...

For brevity, it was not an exhaustive list of things that need investigation.

You can add the Uranium One deal, 'The Clinton Foundation; was it a 'Pay to Play' setup? Unmasking etc.

Mr K 14-01-2018 08:04

What is an EU Elitist? :erm:. Is it a bit like an MEP?:rolleyes:

passingbat 14-01-2018 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35932449)
What is an EU Elitist? :erm:.

You could start by looking in to the Bilderberg group.

Mr K 14-01-2018 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932457)

You could start by looking in to the Bilderberg group.

Mmm, I just got a lot of right wing conspiracy theories !

They do sound like an evil lot, world peace ?? Marxists I should think.

Maggy 14-01-2018 11:00

Topic?

pip08456 14-01-2018 15:01

Alveda C. King niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr doesn't thinkTrumps a racist.

Link

passingbat 14-01-2018 15:44

Trump Has Deep State Terrified – Kevin Shipp; Former CIA Intelligence officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flSYmWkp6Qk

Hugh 14-01-2018 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932437)
Trump is a believer in Sovereign state government. NWO Globalists believe that the Elitists should run the whole world and dictate to all nations policies on laws, and taxes etc. and force world wide immigration. Just like the EU elitists plan to do when Britain leaves

That is why Trump is under such attack; he's blocking their plan, because he doesn't believe in it; he believes in Sovereign state government,

The NWO will arrive at some stage; we're seeing the building bricks currently being laid.

---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

For brevity, it was not an exhaustive list of things that need investigation.

You can add the Uranium One deal, 'The Clinton Foundation; was it a 'Pay to Play' setup? Unmasking etc.

Fox newscaster debunks Uranium One.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...115-story.html
Quote:

The reality, as Mr. Smith and various other fact checkers have by now well established, is this:

The State Department has one of nine seats on a body that advises the president on proposed sales of U.S. assets that could have national security implications. Whether Ms. Clinton actively participated in the deliberations about the proposed sale of Uranium One to a Russian company is unclear, but neither the State Department nor any of the other eight federal agencies involved raised any objections. Had any of them done so, President Barack Obama (and not Ms. Clinton) would have made the call.

The assets of the company included what was at the time 20 percent of American uranium production capacity (now 10 percent), but the terms of the deal do not allow any of the material to be exported. A Russian company may own those reserves, but it can’t do anything with them other than sell them to U.S. nuclear power plants, which mainly get their fuel from overseas anyway.
Nearly all of the donations to the Clinton Foundation in question came from one source, Frank Giustra, who founded a Canadian uranium company that later merged with Uranium One. He divested from the company in 2007, well before Ms. Clinton was named secretary of state and even longer before the company’s sale was proposed.

So, in a nutshell, the implication that Ms. Clinton allowed the Russians to take 20 percent of America’s uranium as a payback to a major Clinton Foundation donor is, in pretty much every element, flat out wrong. Mr. Smith pointed that out methodically and dispassionately, and now he’s getting no end of grief for it, with Fox News viewers taking to Twitter to accuse him of broadcasting fake news, being a closet Democrat or (horrors!) belonging on CNN, not Fox. (Have no fear, Fox viewers, Sean Hannity was back at it that night with a weird flow chart connecting Hillary with Vladimir Putin and proclaiming the whole matter a textbook case of “pay to play.”)

passingbat 14-01-2018 17:21

Make of this what you will (Uranium One is included)

CLINTON CASH OFFICIAL DOCUMENTARY MOVIE ( FULL )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LYRUOd_QoM

Mr K 14-01-2018 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932507)
Make of this what you will (Uranium One is included)

You haven't half got some dodgy videos in your collection Mr Bat ! Haven't had time to fully watch yet, I'll see whats in tv tonight ;)

However some of the comments suggest the followers of the 'stable genius' are even more 'stable'.
e.g.
'Trump is up against a strong opponent that is not being mentioned in the press and he is Lucifer.'
'May God both help and protect President Donald Trump in his epic fight against evil. Power To The People'
'Please, God, allow us watch Hilary hang in front of the Washington Memorial'.
' Praise The Lord!!! They've kept Us terrified for decades...Jesus Turn The Tables!!! Flip it to Gods Glory Holy Spirit hallelujah'

mmm.....

passingbat 14-01-2018 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K;35932516

[I
'Trump is up against a strong opponent that is not being mentioned in the press and he is Lucifer.' [/I]

That is true; the bit that follows is garbage.

At some point the devil will take over the World Global government via the Antichrist. Trump, is in his way; because he is against the World Global government.

Last year, across the internet, there was a call for all witch's and satanic groups to pray against Trump and put cures on him. These things are real. Sadly, the satanic groups understand more about spiritual warfare than the modern day church

But you need to understand that the devil works via human beings:

Ephesians 6 v12 New International Version (NIV)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

pip08456 14-01-2018 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932543)
Trump and put cures on him.

Nothing wrong with that.

The rest that surrounds it is garbage though.

Hugh 14-01-2018 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932485)
Trump Has Deep State Terrified – Kevin Shipp; Former CIA Intelligence officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flSYmWkp6Qk

Who also believes in

- Chemtrails
- Weather manipulation
- Vaccinations causing autism
- 9/11 Conspiracy
- Satanic paedophile cults

OLD BOY 15-01-2018 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932543)
That is true; the bit that follows is garbage.

At some point the devil will take over the World Global government via the Antichrist. Trump, is in his way; because he is against the World Global government.

Last year, across the internet, there was a call for all witch's and satanic groups to pray against Trump and put cures on him. These things are real. Sadly, the satanic groups understand more about spiritual warfare than the modern day church

But you need to understand that the devil works via human beings:

Ephesians 6 v12 New International Version (NIV)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I would be truly worried if I believed all that stuff, passingbat!

papa smurf 15-01-2018 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35932566)

And PB is probably very worried that you don't .

Mr K 15-01-2018 10:54

If Trump is the 'Second Coming', he's got a funny way of showing it. Some ladies and nation states would find his ways very mysterious indeed....

passingbat 15-01-2018 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35932566)

Bible prophecy tells me that it is indeed true. And I trust the Bible. Some of the Old Testament is hard for us to understand, but so many of the OT prophecies have come to pass. There were over 300 about the Messiah and Jesus fulfilled them all. The formation of Israel in 1948 fulfilled another. So I believe that Revelation 13 is true, which includes the famous 666 bit and that no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. It's known as The Great Tribulation.

I too would be extremely worried, except that I believe in Jesus and His sacrifice for my sin and I follow him. I believe, based on the early chapters of Revelation, that practising Christians will not go through The Great Tribulation. The 'Rapture' that the Bible talks about, happens before that period.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...13&version=ISV

The first beast is the Antichrist and the second beast is the false prophet. We can now see the reason for the current trend to make all religions believe they all worship the same God; It's in preparation for the coming end times.

Mr K 15-01-2018 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932580)
Bible prophecy tells me that it is indeed true. And I trust the Bible. Some of the Old Testament is hard for us to understand, but so many of the OT prophecies have come to pass. There were over 300 about the Messiah and Jesus fulfilled them all. The formation of Israel in 1948 fulfilled another. So I believe that Revelation 13 is true, which includes the famous 666 bit and that no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. It's known as The Great Tribulation.

I too would be extremely worried, except that I believe in Jesus and His sacrifice for my sin and I follow him. I believe, based on the early chapters of Revelation, that practising Christians will not go through The Great Tribulation. The 'Rapture' that the Bible talks about, happens before that period.

The first beast is the Antichrist and the second beast is the false prophet. We can now see the reason for the current trend to make all religions believe they all worship the same God; It's in preparation for the coming end times.

It could be 'Fake News' Passing Bat. (although if he really could turn water into wine, I too, would be a believer ;) )

papa smurf 15-01-2018 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35932585)
It could be 'Fake News' Passing Bat. (although if he really could turn water into wine, I too, would be a believer ;) )

But you can turn anything into a whine .

passingbat 15-01-2018 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932546)
Who also believes in

- Chemtrails
- Weather manipulation
- Vaccinations causing autism
- 9/11 Conspiracy
- Satanic paedophile cults

I have not looked into those, though I have heard of them and heard some testimonies relating to the last one.

Have you researched them and come to the conclusion that they are false?

Hugh 15-01-2018 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932603)
I have not looked into those, though I have heard of them and heard some testimonies relating to the last one.

Have you researched them and come to the conclusion that they are false?

Yes

Kursk 15-01-2018 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932580)

If Tim Farron had your integrity, he might still be in the job. Tbf, he has wheeled back on his proclamation about gay sex but, when the cock crowed thrice, he was a denier.

1andrew1 15-01-2018 22:29

Trump embraces globalisation and follows in Bill Clinton's footsteps [but not Obama's] and books his seat to its HQ in Davos. A clear sign that he is turning his back on the ill-informed and treacherous Bannon?
Quote:

Donald Trump plans to attend the World Economic Forum in Davos - the first sitting US president to attend the annual gathering in almost two decades.
The Swiss mountain village conference attracts some of the richest and most powerful people in the world and has become a byword for the global business interests Mr Trump often attacks.
This year's theme: creating a shared future in a fractured world, appears to clash with Trump's populist rhetoric.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42628142

passingbat 15-01-2018 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35932679)
Trump embraces globalisation and follows in Bill Clinton's footsteps [but not Obama's] and books his seat to its HQ in Davos. A clear sign that he is turning his back on the ill-informed and treacherous Bannon?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42628142

Do you have an advance copy of what he is planning to say?

A couple of months ago he addressed the globalist United Nations and told them off in no uncertain way. I lost count of the times that Trump said, 'Sovereign Nations'.

1andrew1 15-01-2018 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932682)

A couple of months ago he addressed the globalist United Nations and told them off in no uncertain way. I lost count of the times that Trump said, 'Sovereign Nations'.

A couple of months ago he and Bannon were on speaking terms. A lot has changed since then or Trump would never have accepted the invitation. I suspect Trump is doing this as Bannon advised him not to do it plus he will like the attention.
Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Hugh 15-01-2018 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932682)

Well, he also said this, and how did that work out? ;)
Quote:

"If I win I may never see my property -- I may never see these places again," Trump said at an August 2016 event. "But because I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks."
https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsn...office-103836/
Quote:

How many times has Trump played golf as President of the United States?

Since taking office on Jan. 20, 2017, Mr. Trump has reportedly been on the grounds of his golf courses or played golf elsewhere 95 times since becoming President, and that's as of Jan. 15, 2018...

...Trump has spent nearly 25 percent of his days in office at one of his golf properties for some portion of the day. There have been days where Trump has visited one of his golf clubs and not played golf. He made a 40-minute visit to his Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., and he has made a three-day visit to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., to watch the 2017 US Women's Open, unfolding at that club. Trump spent a 17-day "working vacation" at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., in August, which meant all of those days count as days on his golf courses, even though he didn't necessarily play golf on all of those days.
”I may never see these places again" vs "25 percent of his days in Office"

Mick 16-01-2018 00:49

Yawn...

...Only 95 times/days... ?

Then there is the issue with ‘He has been seen or played golf 95 times.... ‘

So which is it, he has played golf 95 times or been seen at his golf ranches 95 times. Such a clumsy clumped up sentence that can be taken either way.

But only 95 times....Shocking... given there is approx 104 weekend days in the year.... and he has refused to take his salary, so it’s a bit of a none issue Hugh, or are denying a 72 year old time out to leisure at weekends? :rolleyes:

TheDaddy 16-01-2018 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932690)
Yawn...

So which is it, he has played golf 95 times or been seen at his golf ranches 95 times. Such a clumsy clumped up sentence that can be taken either way.

But only 95 times....Shocking... given there is approx 104 weekend days in the year.... and he has refused to take his salary, so it’s a bit of a none issue Hugh, or are denying a 72 year old time out to leisure at weekends? :rolleyes:

I think it's got more to do with him asking people to believe him when he said he wouldn't have time for golf rather than him having time of, call me old fashioned but I like politicians that tell the truth, especially when they've tried to convince people of what they say as being true and the not taking salary is the biggest red herring going, he is making fortunes out of being president, still if the feeble minded and gullible want to think otherwise that's their lookout not mine.

Hugh 16-01-2018 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932690)
Yawn...

Point. Missed. Completely.

He said he wouldn’t have time to visit his golf courses as he would be too busy, but since being elected has spent twenty five percent of his time at his golf courses. I’m not knocking him for having time off (who would deny a 72 year old time off), I’m knocking him for saying one thing then doing another.

Damien 16-01-2018 08:38

Also he did spend a lot of Obama's Presidency going on and on about how often Obama golfed. Just judging him by his own standards.....

Plus as TheDaddy points out he also spent the campaign talking about how much we wouldn't golf. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0NZt_-eB9o

and yes it's not a big deal that he plays Golf but then it wasn't a big deal when Obama did it either.

heero_yuy 16-01-2018 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35932693)
I think it's got more to do with him asking people to believe him when he said he wouldn't have time for golf rather than him having time of, call me old fashioned but I like politicians that tell the truth, especially when they've tried to convince people of what they say as being true and the not taking salary is the biggest red herring going, he is making fortunes out of being president, still if the feeble minded and gullible want to think otherwise that's their lookout not mine.

Countable on the fingers of one hand IMHO.

pip08456 16-01-2018 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35932706)

And still have fingers left over.

Mick 16-01-2018 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932699)
Point. Missed. Completely.

He said he wouldn’t have time to visit his golf courses as he would be too busy, but since being elected has spent twenty five percent of his time at his golf courses. I’m not knocking him for having time off (who would deny a 72 year old time off), I’m knocking him for saying one thing then doing another.

Point not missed.

So bloody what Hugh?

Economy in America is booming, employees are getting a wage boost thanks to Trump tax cut policies that all these liberals said he’d never manage to pass. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35932693)

Got proof he’s making fortunes?

What you basing this information on exactly or you just being feeble minded like you are inaccurately claiming others to be, just because we refuse to align our way of thinking with yours ? Uh?

Go have a look how much former Presidents now make, esp Bill Clinton, hopefully that corrupt empire comes crashing down soon.

Bill Clinton recently tried to defend the revelations by Wikileaks that the Clinton Foundation paid for Chelsea Clinton’s wedding, he tweeted denying it but then he also denied having sexual relations while in office and look how those lies turned out for him.

passingbat 16-01-2018 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932730)
Point not missed.

So bloody what Hugh?

Economy in America is booming, employees are getting a wage boost thanks to Trump tax cut policies that all these liberals said he’d never manage to pass. :rolleyes:

There is a bunch of other things Trump has achived, but it's a waste of time listing them; the Trump haters don't care unless it's negative news.

Carth 16-01-2018 12:18

He's sure ruffling a few feathers and kicking up a storm. :Yes:

It's good to see someone behaving in a way that doesn't fit into the little boxes of time honoured expectations. I'd rather have one trump than 50 yes men :D

Damien 16-01-2018 12:48

Quote:

Point not missed.

So bloody what Hugh?

Isn't a bit hypocritical?

Quote:

What you basing this information on exactly or you just being feeble minded like you are inaccurately claiming others to be, just because we refuse to align our way of thinking with yours ? Uh?
Well other Presidents put their investments and other business interests into a blind trust. Trump was the first not to do so. Mar-a-Lago for example doubled it's membership fee after he became President and he is a regular attendee. Obviously Trump's supporters will say it's pure coincidence. He did the same for the New Years Party this year, confirming his attendance while the club hiked the fee to attend.

Remember that Clinton was giving speeches for donations to the Clinton foundation whilst Secretary of State that was considered a conflict of interest so I don't see how this is different other than it always being different when Trump's doing it. Just like Trump golfing is not the same as Obama golfing, the latter is skiving and the former is taking a holiday for example.

Anyway I think these are minor complaints. A politician being hypocritical and corrupt is hardly new.

OLD BOY 16-01-2018 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35932734)
There is a bunch of other things Trump has achived, but it's a waste of time listing them; the Trump haters don't care unless it's negative news.

That's true enough. It's his naivety and unpredictability that worry me most of all.

Mick 16-01-2018 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35932743)
That's true enough. It's his naivety and unpredictability that worry me most of all.

And yet the weakness and incompetency from the leadership of Theresa May does not worry you. Strange.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35932742)
Isn't a bit hypocritical?

There's lots of it around so I don't care if it is or isn't.

The fact remains, U.S Economy is booming under Trump.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien
Well other Presidents put their investments and other business interests into a blind trust. Trump was the first not to do so.

And I don't blame him if he is not legally obliged to do so, not when he has children he can hand his businesses over to, that's their inheritance at the end of the day.

Quote:

Mar-a-Lago for example doubled it's membership fee after he became President and he is a regular attendee. Obviously Trump's supporters will say it's pure coincidence. He did the same for the New Years Party this year, confirming his attendance while the club hiked the fee to attend.

I am pretty sure most places hike their fees up over the festive and new year period and the hike in his fees is a business decision led by his children.

Quote:

Remember that Clinton was giving speeches for donations to the Clinton foundation whilst Secretary of State that was considered a conflict of interest so I don't see how this is different other than it always being different when Trump's doing it.

The difference is the Clintons are being alleged to have been paid for favors and hence why the FBI has re-opened their investigation on the Clinton Foundation.

Last Friday, the Department of Justice unsealed their first set of indictments to an individual with links to the Uranium One scandal.

Damien 16-01-2018 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932752)
And I don't blame him if he is not legally obliged to do so, not when he has children he can hand his businesses over to, that's their inheritance at the end of the day.

It was no threat to their inheritance. The blind trust is released back to the President after the completion of their term.

Quote:

I am pretty sure most places hike their fees up over the festive and new year period and the hike in his fees is a business decision led by his children.
Do you think the presence of the President of the United States might increase the value of the ticket?

Quote:

The difference is the Clintons are being alleged to have been paid for favors and hence why the FBI has re-opened their investigation on the Clinton Foundation.
And we'll see how that investigation develops. But here is how any corruption could happen. Clinton gives a speech for which she is paid to a business or foreign state. Later on Clinton makes a decision which benefits this business or state. At no point do they have formal proof of any link, no documentation exists, no communication. The speech? She was paid for that. The decision? That was later on.

This is why Presidents are expected to put their business interests into a blind trust so that there is not the opportunity for such a thing to happen. So someone who needs something from Trump doesn't do the Trump business a favor and suddenly finds a bit more interest for help from the White House.

It's so the defence doesn't have to be 'The fact Trump's children doubled the price of membership of Trump's golf course is nothing to do with the fact President Trump is often in attendence'

OLD BOY 16-01-2018 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932752)
And yet the weakness and incompetency from the leadership of Theresa May does not worry you. Strange.

What, you mean the same Theresa May who has got us to phase II of the Brexit negotiations that many thought would not happen?

TM botched the election and the Conservative Party Conference was a disaster. But given that there is now a minority government, of course there will be plenty of disagreements and a degree of difficulty in pushing things through. In the circumstances, she has done pretty well.

However, once Brexit is out of the way, they need to elect a good leader to relace her. Unfortunately, she cannot be trusted with another election.

Mick 16-01-2018 17:28

BREAKING: DOW Jones Index hits 26,000 for first time ever, under the Trump Presidency.

ALSO BREAKING: Steve Bannon Subpoenaed by Special Council Robert Mueller's grand jury. (No Surprise given what he was alleged to have said in the Fire and Fury book about Treason and Don Jnr.).

Damien 16-01-2018 18:06

The speculation is now why was he served with a Grand Jury subpoena. Apparently it’s more formal than any of the previous people he’s called upon but you’re also rarely allowed to do it to people who aren’t the targets of the investigation. It seems to put more legal consequences on the witness if they lie though.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Quote:

Prosecutors generally prefer to interview witnesses before a grand jury when they believe they have information that the witnesses do not know or when they think they might catch the witnesses in a lie. It is much easier for a witness to stop the questioning or sidestep questions in an interview than during grand jury testimony, which is transcribed, and witnesses are required to answer every question.

“By forcing someone to testify through a subpoena, you are providing the witness with cover because they can say, ‘I had no choice — I had to go in and testify about everything I knew,’” said Solomon L. Wisenberg, a prosecutor for the independent counsel that investigated Bill Clinton when he was president.

Mick 16-01-2018 19:53

DACA Ruling Latest: U.S Attorney General, Jeff Sessions announces the Department of Justice are taking the decision by a 9th Circuit District Judges decision that blocked President Donald Trump from shuttering a program that gave protections and work permits to some people who entered the U.S. illegally as children, to the Supreme Court. He says..“It defies both law and common sense for DACA ... to somehow be mandated nationwide by a single district court in San Francisco.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...nd-down-341183

Last week, Josh Blackman, a professor at South Texas College of Law Houston said "The Supreme Court Justices tend to not like a single 'District' Judge taking hold of nationwide decisions overnight."

Hugh 16-01-2018 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35932779)
The speculation is now why was he served with a Grand Jury subpoena. Apparently it’s more formal than any of the previous people he’s called upon but you’re also rarely allowed to do it to people who aren’t the targets of the investigation. It seems to put more legal consequences on the witness if they lie though.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

It’s got worse for Bannon - while he was giving evidence at the House Intel Committee today, Bannon was served with a subpoena for information the White House instructed him not to give.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...sia-probe.html
Quote:

Fallen former President Trump confidante Steve Bannon was served immediate subpoenas during his closed-door meeting with lawmakers Tuesday to provide testimony on information the White House instructed him not to share, according to sources with knowledge of the conversations.

In the now hours-long, ongoing interview conducted by investigators for the House Intelligence Committee, Bannon’s attorney told lawmakers that the White House directed his client not to answer questions about his time in the White House or during the transition.

Sources told Fox News Bannon did not invoke any sort of legal “privilege,” including executive privilege, to support this refusal.

The sources told Fox News that lawmakers grilled Bannon and his attorney over their refusal to answer. At that point, some members of the committee recommended subpoenas for Bannon, and documents related to the issues.

TheDaddy 16-01-2018 20:19

Quote:

Point not missed.

So bloody what Hugh?

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Got proof he’s making fortunes?

Go have a look how much former Presidents now make, esp Bill Clinton, hopefully that corrupt empire comes crashing down soon.

Bill Clinton recently tried to defend the revelations by Wikileaks that the Clinton Foundation paid for Chelsea Clinton’s wedding, he tweeted denying it but then he also denied having sexual relations while in office and look how those lies turned out for him.

I wasn't referring to anyone here as feeble minded as I don't think anyone here believes he isn't making of like a bandit and the information is already out there, it'll be to heavily adapt and borrow one of his recent phrases the next shitstorm to engulf his presidency, that is of course providing he actually gives anyone a moment to look into anything before causing another furore on Twitter, I could post things here but what's the point, you're not interested, all you seem interested in is deliberately misinterpreting what people post and playing the victim, with me being the latest person trying to shout you down for views dissimilar to my own, despite the fact I have said numerous times on here that I'd have voted trump, can't stand Hilary or her shrill voice and have thoroughly enjoyed his presidency so far. Feel free to bookmark this post though, we can revisit it and see if there's any truth behind it in the future.

Imo politicians should also be careful taking to much credit for stock market booms, unless of course they're also willing to take credit for the inevitable bust that comes after. If he's as smart as he says he is he'll let others lord the credit over him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35932706)

Most of their deceit is slight of hand like call me Dave and his I'm not paying the EUs bill before adding in hushed tones on this date, they don't normally stand before you looking you in the eye or camera and say repeatedly believe me I won't do this

Damien 16-01-2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932799)
It’s got worse for Bannon - while he was giving evidence at the House Intel Committee today, Bannon was served with a subpoena for information the White House instructed him not to give.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...sia-probe.html

So this is an additional subpoena from the House Intel Committee?

Hugh 16-01-2018 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35932802)
So this is an additional subpoena from the House Intel Committee?

Yes, issued contemporaneously because his lawyer (at the hearing) said there was information the White House instructed Bannon not to share.

The headline on the Fox News article was
Quote:

Steve Bannon subpoenaed during House Intel meeting for information the White House instructed him not to give

Damien 16-01-2018 21:36

Too much of a coincidence surely? One of them must have informed the other. Some question both of them need Bannon to answer.

1andrew1 16-01-2018 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932804)
Yes, issued contemporaneously because his lawyer (at the hearing) said there was information the White House instructed Bannon not to share.

The headline on the Fox News article was

Is it normal for the White House to instruct ex-staff not to share information with investigators? In the UK surely this would be deemed obstructing the course of justice.

Kursk 16-01-2018 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35932812)
Is it normal for the White House to instruct ex-staff not to share information with investigators? In the UK surely this would be deemed obstructing the course of justice.

In the UK, I think civil servants are required to sign the Official Secrets Act which is effectively a limitation on the information that can, or rather cannot, be shared during and after governmental employment.

1andrew1 16-01-2018 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35932813)
In the UK, I think civil servants are required to sign the Official Secrets Act which is effectively a limitation on the information that can, or rather cannot, be shared during and after governmental employment.

Agreed and they shouldn't share it with people writing books. But they would have to share this it with official investigations.

Kursk 16-01-2018 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35932816)
Agreed and they shouldn't share it with people writing books. But they would have to share this it with official investigations.

Who will also be subject to the Act otherwise the provision of info would be without lawful authority.

Hugh 17-01-2018 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35932818)
Who will also be subject to the Act otherwise the provision of info would be without lawful authority.

But Bannon was told not to share it with the Senate Intel Committee by the White House, according to his lawyer.

Kursk 17-01-2018 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932820)
But Bannon was told not to share it with the Senate Intel Committee by the White Hose, according to his lawyer.

My comments are specifically about the UK; apologies if I've inferred otherwise.

heero_yuy 17-01-2018 10:34

Quote:

The President scored a perfect 100 per cent on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) - a 30 question task created by medical professionals to test for dementia.

It's designed to assess attention, memory, concentration, orientation, visual skills, calculations and executive functions.

To the able-minded, the test may seem overly simple but they are some of the basic mental processes people with the disorder sadly lose.

Trump's doctor earlier revealed how the president scored a perfect 30 on the test, where anything above 26 is considered "normal" and anything below is a cause for concern.
Story and test

Not sure it proves sanity though? :erm:

Mick 17-01-2018 10:47

That press conference with the White House Doctor, was a disgrace, full of liberal vultures for Journalists, fishing for things they hoped were wrong with the President.

Afterwards, there was lots of accusations flying about that the Doctor was lying or covering up something. This was same doc Obama had and he trusted him. One pathetic Journalist said they didn’t believe Trump’s weight and would Trump jump on some Scales, in front of the press to prove how much he weighs. Their 25th Amendment hopes, were evaporating fast.

Hugh 17-01-2018 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35932837)
Story and test

Not sure it proves sanity though? :erm:

I thought this comment by the doctor was interesting
Quote:

“It is called genetics ... ” Jackson said. “Some people have just great genes. I told the president that if he had a healthier diet over the last 20 years, he might live to be 200 years old.”
I have to admit I am pleased that he passed the MOCA test.

Damien 17-01-2018 10:59

Yeah it's good he passed. Given some of his Tweets and his odd diversions on policies it was a question people had in mind. Those things still concern me but at least it's not because of a clinical diagnosis.

Also the 25th amendment talk should be put away. People need to be careful about the precedents they set. Once this is used once it will be on the table for the next President and then we'll get every side trying to get rid of the President using it. It's like when the Republicans held up the Supreme Court appointment for over a year until they were in the White House. Yeah, well done, but now that's standard practise forever more and it's one regressive weapon in American politics, one more dysfunction of the system.

Mick 17-01-2018 13:14

Talking of dysfunctions, will there be a U.S Government shut down over the ailing DACA deal?

Hugh 17-01-2018 17:27

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...ource=Facebook
Quote:

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has struck a deal to speak with special counsel Robert Mueller and his team investigating Russia's meddling in the 2016 election.

Mr Bannon, who was recently disavowed by President Donald Trump, will discuss his time with the Trump campaign and White House directly with the investigators, and will bypass questioning in front of a grand jury.

Mr Mueller's team had secured a subpoena to compel Mr Bannon to testify, which could have forced him to speak with the grand jury.

Itshim 17-01-2018 18:32

News flash . YOU have no say in this so get a life . Bernie Sanders should have chose not Clinton but that's life .and my bank balance says he is the right choice !!!

Hugh 17-01-2018 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35932907)
News flash . YOU have no say in this so get a life . Bernie Sanders should have chose not Clinton but that's life .and my bank balance says he is the right choice !!!

Newsflash - what the leader of the largest economy in the world, the Commander in Chief of the world’s largest armed forces does affects the rest of the world, so if you don’t like others commenting, tough tamales!

Thank you for your advice, but I already have a life (and more likely to keep it than someone in the USA*).

So glad for you your bank balance has benefited - that’s the most important thing...

*UK male life expectancy 78 years, USA 76 years
UK suicide rate 3.4 per 100k, USA 4.5 per 100k
UK infant mortality rate 5 deaths per 1k live births, USA 6.9 deaths per 1k live deaths
UK deaths from injuries 26 per 100k, USA 50 deaths per 100k
UK murder rate per million people 11.68, USA 42.01

papa smurf 17-01-2018 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35932918)
Newsflash - what the leader of the largest economy in the world, the Commander in Chief of the world’s largest armed forces does affects the rest of the world, so if you don’t like others commenting, tough tamales!

Thank you for your advice, but I already have a life (and more likely to keep it than someone in the USA*).

So glad for you your bank balance has benefited - that’s the most important thing...

UK infant mortality rate 5 deaths per 1k live births, USA 6.9 deaths per 1k live deaths

who was it who said Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Hugh 17-01-2018 20:16

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35932920)
who was it who said Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

http://www.cableforum.uk/board/attac...7&d=1516220106

http://www.cableforum.uk/board/attac...8&d=1516220106

TheDaddy 17-01-2018 20:38

Quote:

Not to mention leader of the free world and partner in the special relationship

Mick 17-01-2018 20:56

We have a topic here, enough of the childish pissing contests FFS.

idi banashapan 17-01-2018 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35932841)
That press conference with the White House Doctor, was a disgrace, full of liberal vultures for Journalists, fishing for things they hoped were wrong with the President.

Afterwards, there was lots of accusations flying about that the Doctor was lying or covering up something. This was same doc Obama had and he trusted him. One pathetic Journalist said they didn’t believe Trump’s weight and would Trump jump on some Scales, in front of the press to prove how much he weighs. Their 25th Amendment hopes, were evaporating fast.

I think 'sycophant' has the potential to be employed in a description of him, perhaps.

Personally, I think the fact people have been saying Trump is not 'fit' to be President has been taken rather literally. The Trump administration has acted on the poor choice of words to prove he is 'fit' physically and cognitively.

However, I think the mass populous and the media may have been better questioning if Trump was 'the correct person, or poses the correct personality' to be President, rather than using the term 'fit', which can be taken a multitude of ways.

Although some may argue that it wouldn't make any difference to how he conducts himself in the role, in my opinion Trump shows multiple signs of NPD all over the place. This disorder would absolutely lead him to make seemingly odd choices and demands, as well as exhibit characteristic traits like over-reactions and denial of fault, where others can plainly see his errors of judgement and lack of empathy or responsibility.

I for one, believe that it is this personality that means Trump is not the correct person to fulfil the role of President. He is too egocentric, self absorbed, grandiose and in dire need for admiration, along with his complete lack of understanding of other people's views or feelings. He surrounds himself with people who are yes men. Those who fall short soon see themselves out of a job.

Which leads us straight back to the Doctor who conducted Trump's fitness evaluation. It may be argued that he is also a yes man and is doing whatever Trump has told him to do as an act of self-preservation. He doesn't want to lose his job. And if he were outspoken about Trump in the 'wrong way', I think he would be. Thus, he would be a sycophant.

Mr K 17-01-2018 21:44

Quote:

Indeed. The US is over-rated esp. if you're poor and/or the wrong colour. But you do have the right to shoot each other, so that's all good...

1andrew1 18-01-2018 00:21

As federal government anxiously awaits Congress's decision on the spending bill, a possible divergence has arisen between Trump and Kelly on the Mexican wall
Quote:

Trump’s chief of staff disowns pledge on Mexico wall
John Kelly told a private meeting of Hispanic members of Congress that “certain things are said during the campaign that are uninformed”. It was wrong to think that “a concrete wall from sea to shining sea” was going to be built, the retired Marine general added. “One thing is to campaign, another thing is to govern — it’s really hard.”
The remarks came as Washington edged towards a shutdown of the US government. Mr Trump aligned himself with immigration hardliners last night, rubbishing a proposed compromise spending bill as “very, very weak”. Congress has until midnight tomorrow to pass a spending bill to prevent much of the federal government grinding to a halt.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/w...wall-02w37qw9m

RichardCoulter 18-01-2018 05:32

Out of interest, do those here who support Trump do so because of his policies or because they think he was the lesser of two evils?

pip08456 18-01-2018 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35932941)
As federal government anxiously awaits Congress's decision on the spending bill, a possible divergence has arisen between Trump and Kelly on the Mexican wall

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/w...wall-02w37qw9m

Where is the divergence? Regarding the wall Trump himself has said,

Quote:

Trump met with several lawmakers for a bipartisan meeting on immigration reform on Tuesday, where he said natural barriers, like mountains, already on the border, could make a wall there unnecessary.

"We don't need a wall where you have rivers and mountains and everything else protecting it," the President said. "But we do need a wall for a fairly good portion."
http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/09/po...all/index.html

The long awaited fake news awards.

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipat...e-news-awards/

Mr Banana 18-01-2018 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932948)
Where is the divergence? Regarding the wall Trump himself has said,

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/09/po...all/index.html

The long awaited fake news awards.

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipat...e-news-awards/

There should be another award for Trumps most outrageous lie.

pip08456 18-01-2018 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35932954)
There should be another award for Trumps most outrageous lie.

Which is???

Mr Banana 18-01-2018 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932956)
Which is???

Here are some

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/m...tml/?a=viewall

pip08456 18-01-2018 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35932959)

Which doesn't answer the question.

Mr Banana 18-01-2018 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932960)
Which doesn't answer the question.

In my opinion the lie regarding the Embassy, blaming Obama for a bad deal.

pip08456 18-01-2018 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35932961)
In my opinion the lie regarding the Embassy, blaming Obama for a bad deal.

If that's the most outrageous then he has nothing to fear.

Mr Banana 18-01-2018 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932963)
If that's the most outrageous then he has nothing to fear.

There are many others, that are probably a lot worse, just can’t be bothered to look. Out of interest, do you accept he tells lies?

pip08456 18-01-2018 10:50

Undoubtedly, as does any other politician. It's not exclusive to Trump.

Hugh 18-01-2018 11:27

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35932966)
Undoubtedly, as does any other politician. It's not exclusive to Trump.

You may find this of interest (or you may just call it "fake news").

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...etType=opinion

http://www.cableforum.uk/board/attac...9&d=1516274695

Quote:

After we published a list of President Trump’s lies this summer, we heard a common response from his supporters. They said, in effect: Yes, but if you made a similar list for previous presidents, it would be just as bad.

We’ve set out to make that list. Here, you will find our attempt at a comprehensive catalog of the falsehoods that Barack Obama told while he was president. (We also discuss George W. Bush below, although the lack of real-time fact-checking during his presidency made a comprehensive list impossible.)

We applied the same conservative standard to Obama and Trump, counting only demonstrably and substantially false statements. The result: Trump is unlike any other modern president. He seems virtually indifferent to reality, often saying whatever helps him make the case he’s trying to make.

In his first 10 months in office, he has told 103 separate untruths, many of them repeatedly. Obama told 18 over his entire eight-year tenure. That’s an average of about two a year for Obama and about 124 a year for Trump...

...We have used the word “lies” again here, as we did in our original piece. If anything, though, the word is unfair to Obama and Bush. When they became aware that they had been saying something untrue, they stopped doing it. Obama didn’t continue to claim that all Americans would be able to keep their existing health insurance under Obamacare, for example, and Bush changed the way he spoke about Iraq’s weapons capability.

Trump is different. When he is caught lying, he will often try to discredit people telling the truth, be they judges, scientists, F.B.I. or C.I.A. officials, journalists or members of Congress. Trump is trying to make truth irrelevant. It is extremely damaging to democracy, and it’s not an accident. It’s core to his political strategy.