Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Election 2019 - Week 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708439)

Chris 05-12-2019 22:12

Re: Election 2019 - Week 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36019334)

Probably not. And I doubt it will make any difference. Which will have been the calculation made by CCHQ.

Sephiroth 05-12-2019 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36019336)
I am surprised how many have said they will vote Conservative.

I am shocked at the rising number who have said they will vote for an unashamed antisemitic party.

Chris 05-12-2019 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36019336)
I am surprised how many have said they will vote Conservative.

Why? Boris has pretty effectively portrayed himself as the only one who will draw a line under Brexit in England and Wales, and stand up to the YesNP in Scotland. Labour has its core vote plus a chunk of tactical Lib dems. In Scotland Labour looks like an ineffective coalition of metropolitan liberals pursuing their own ideological obsessions at the expense of the working class voters of the central belt they used to take for granted.

jfman 05-12-2019 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36019291)
Stick to topic

I’m a addressed by name here about ten times. Having sat out the thread through a ban I’ll point out I’d love to reply but there’s a moderator instruction.

Mick 05-12-2019 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36019340)
I’m a addressed by name here about ten times. Having sat out the thread through a ban I’ll point out I’d love to reply but there’s a moderator instruction.

If the replies tie in with the topic, sure you can reply.

Sephiroth 06-12-2019 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36019319)
I did read this when posted but didn't quite know how t reply.
But Chris' elucidation has made my blood boil.

jfman has typically made his accusation that Labour antisemitism is a confection by asking a question.

If jfman truly is of that opinion, then he needs to re-evaluate himself. Antisemitism on the scale present in Labour, one of the UK's supposedly great political parties, is shameful, un-British and is not to be tolerated.

.... @jfman: but you would be on topic by addressing my point above.

jfman 06-12-2019 06:13

I'd need clarification from the moderators. It appears to me that criticising Labour is on topic, criticising the Conservatives (Islamophobia, Grenfell) is off topic. As I say I've been banned from the thread before, yet I don't see any action against anyone on the other side for ignoring instructions to move on, even though many address me directly.

I suppose we only have another week of the forum being used to push the Conservative party agenda and we can get back to the Brexit thread.

Sephiroth 06-12-2019 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36019345)
I'd need clarification from the moderators. It appears to me that criticising Labour is on topic, criticising the Conservatives (Islamophobia, Grenfell) is off topic. As I say I've been banned from the thread before, yet I don't see any action against anyone on the other side for ignoring instructions to move on, even though many address me directly.

I suppose we only have another week of the forum being used to push the Conservative party agenda and we can get back to the Brexit thread.

This is the election thread - as if you didn't know. The matter of Labour's record on antisemitism and Corbyn's personal stance (including his past - possibly current - support for terrorist causes) are highly pertinent to this thread.

Drawing you out on this in the light of what you've already indicated is perfectly proper - again as if you didn't know.

You seem to be doing a Corbyn yourself.

jfman 06-12-2019 06:43

Hang on are you accusing me of anti-Semitic? If so I'd suggest that's quite improper in the absence of any evidence at all.

Mick 06-12-2019 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36019345)

Excuse me, but all the above is pure bullshit. There has been plenty of critical points put forward on Tories, unchallenged by the team, no team member has told anyone they cannot be critical of any particular party.

You have not been banned for your highly critical points on the Tory party. So don’t you dare make up ridiculous assertions and accusations. I/we the team, couldn’t careless who you vote for, which party, you wish to slate, what I do care about is your attitude towards other members, how you speak to them, you referred to one member, to like having a lower paid job, belittling them. That is a no no. You suggested to another member, you were far more experienced than they were on economics, because in “your” mind, their arguments were flawed.

So this business or game, you appear to be playing now, seeking clarification, you damn well know what you’ve been told to stop doing and it certainly isn’t what you’ve ascertained above.

Chris 06-12-2019 07:53

And on to week 5: https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...php?t=33708465