Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

GrimUpNorth 23-12-2014 20:36

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

I know it's a bit more than a moan or pet hate but my mum died yesterday morning.

Cheers

Grim

nashville 23-12-2014 20:47

Den I just love your wee Santa, I had to put my P C in for a new Hard Drive as it was about to die on me , They put an Electronic Hard Drive in to replace it, I had it back in four hours, So I am moaning about it breaking down and happy about it getting fixed,
Cheers

dilli-theclaw 23-12-2014 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 35748310)
I know it's a bit more than a moan or pet hate but my mum died yesterday morning.

Cheers

Grim

Sorry to hear that dude - thinking of you and your family.

joglynne 23-12-2014 22:24

Quote:

Cheers

Grim

So sorry to hear about your Mum Grim. <<hugs>>

heero_yuy 24-12-2014 11:33

Connectivity desert that is West Penwith. ( Land's End) All I can get is a very slow GPRS piggyback and even then the sockets are usually all used up so I cant get the net or e-mail. At least I've grabbed one today to get the mail and have a quick look-in here.

Even then I have to sit out in the conservatory to get a reliable signal and without the sun it's bleeding cold. If the sun does shine then it's roasting hot and I can't see the screen properly.

denphone 24-12-2014 12:18

Quote:

Cheers

Grim

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum Grim.:(

MalteseFalcon 24-12-2014 12:45

Condolences.

dilli-theclaw 24-12-2014 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35748231)
Fingers crossed you have no problems either getting there or getting home again dilli.

I have to attend my Haematology Clinic first thing tomorrow for a blood check. Hopefully, as I am feeling fine, I should be back home in under an hour. Then it's 'put the car away' time for at least a few days as I don't intend to go anywhere outside walking distance unless I am forced to.

I hope you got on ok?

They let me home but only as I talked them out of making me stay, but I did say I'd go in Monday and stay.

It was quiet this morning which was nice but same old crap with my other stuff. Oh well.

joglynne 24-12-2014 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35748463)
I hope you got on ok?

They let me home but only as I talked them out of making me stay, but I did say I'd go in Monday and stay.

It was quiet this morning which was nice but same old crap with my other stuff. Oh well.

Sorry to hear you have to go in. Do you have any idea how long they are going to hold you captive?

I am home. One of my results was a tad iffy and, like you, I have to trot back on Monday but hopefully it won't be to stay in. Been warned not to have any alcohol in the mean time which is a bit of a bummer but not worth risking having to have a transfusion.

... and while I moan might as well add that John has had his confirmation of his new operation date following his op, due last week, being cancelled. Phone up to confirm as letter requests, says no phone = no op. Posted on 17/12 letter received 24/12 at 2:30pm. Phoned 2:31pm and no one answering any phones on the unit. So fingers crossed that this op isn't cancelled due to the delay in the letter arriving. I hate living in limbo.

dilli-theclaw 24-12-2014 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35748468)
Sorry to hear you have to go in. Do you have any idea how long they are going to hold you captive?

I am home. One of my results was a tad iffy and, like you, I have to trot back on Monday but hopefully it won't be to stay in. Been warned not to have any alcohol in the mean time which is a bit of a bummer but not worth risking having to have a transfusion.

... and while I moan might as well add that John has had his confirmation of his new operation date following his op, due last week, being cancelled. Phone up to confirm as letter requests, says no phone = no op. Posted on 17/12 letter received 24/12 at 2:30pm. Phoned 2:31pm and no one answering any phones on the unit. So fingers crossed that this op isn't cancelled due to the delay in the letter arriving. I hate living in limbo.

Two or three days probably. I hope you get your phone appointment sorted. I've been trying to get my eye appointment sorted since April - when I told the doctor today they phoned them and went nuts at them. So I get to the eye clinic next Friday.

Hugh 24-12-2014 16:27

Quote:

Cheers

Grim

Sorry to hear your news, GUN - our thoughts and condolences are with you at this sad time.

GrimUpNorth 24-12-2014 17:22

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Cheers

Grim

Tinky 24-12-2014 21:15

Quote:

Cheers

Grim

My sincere condolences Grim :sorry::hugs:

nashville 24-12-2014 23:06

Thinking of you at this sad time . Grim, . Must be devastated, Prayers for you all

papa smurf 25-12-2014 09:30

cats just been in the coal scuttle and walked all over the carpet :(