Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

MalteseFalcon 11-12-2014 19:41

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Seem to be a bit better, although as usual now it is evening feeling rough. Thanks nash.

heero_yuy 11-12-2014 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35746303)
Can't seem to be able to play videos on youtube anymore.

You'll need to give us a little more info on what your problem is?

weenie 11-12-2014 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35746309)
You'll need to give us a little more info on what your problem is?

I had no sound at all on laptop, could not play any videos on you tube as it kept say an error has occurred try again later. Steven fixed the problem thank goodness. He gave me a right telling off for once again stuffing my laptop up then I got a lecture on internet safety and downloads. :doh:

weenie 12-12-2014 11:44

When I was posting neighbours Christmas cards I slipped and fell, just hope no one seen me as it was rather embarrassing. Think I jumped back up quicker than I fell down :blush: major red neck.

heero_yuy 12-12-2014 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35746395)
When I was posting neighbours Christmas cards I slipped and fell, just hope no one seen me as it was rather embarrassing. Think I jumped back up quicker than I fell down :blush: major red neck.

Hope you didn't hurt yourself?

denphone 12-12-2014 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35746395)

Just sit down , rest and have a cup of tea weenie as l am sure no one saw you.

weenie 12-12-2014 11:57

Thankfully no just a slight sore ankle from when I went over, more pride hurt than anything else heero.

Den I really hope no one saw, I think you are right as everyone seems to out shopping or at work.

papa smurf 13-12-2014 15:54

had a real bad smell in my front room for a couple of weeks its not always there but when it is it stinks like fish ,any hoo i got on all fours and had a good sniff around and noticed it stank near the plug socket and there was a tell tail sign of a discolored spot on the socket which was quite hot ,so i took it apart after disconnecting the power supply to find one of the negative wires hardly making contact and the back of the socket badly charred .

heero_yuy 13-12-2014 16:03

Well spotted Papa. :tu: It's faults like this that can cause fires. I had something similar in the utility room when the washing machine was heating. Turned out to be a faulty switch having a burn-up.

papa smurf 13-12-2014 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35746612)
Well spotted Papa. :tu: It's faults like this that can cause fires. I had something similar in the utility room when the washing machine was heating. Turned out to be a faulty switch having a burn-up.

its the fist in a daisy chain of sockets for the ground floor so it has to deal with all the power flow of several sockets- the more things i turned on the greater the resistance and the greater the heat produced by the fault and as you say it could have caused a house fire .

dilli-theclaw 14-12-2014 11:49

So the hospital rebooked my missed appointment from last week after their stuff up. But I have to wait to May.

Also got a letter from the doctors asking me to contact then urgently with regards blood test results. But I'm in hospital again a couple of times this week so I'm not sure if there's much point.

denphone 14-12-2014 12:52

Why May as that's 6 months away.

l hope everything is alright when you go to hospital this coming week dilli.

joglynne 14-12-2014 14:30

Just had phone call to say that my husband's surgery tomorrow has been cancelled and rescheduled for Jan 6th.

I guess looking on the bright side we could have arrived at the hospital at 6am tomorrow to be given the news, and at least will be able to have Christmas at home surrounded by our family, but we are sitting here feeling shell shocked.

Taf 14-12-2014 14:48

I had to collect a special repeat prescription from the GP, and the receptionist called me over to say that my notes required an URGENT visit to the GP. Something to do with a blood test I had in October!

The next URGENT appointment is January 29th!!!!!

dilli-theclaw 14-12-2014 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35746782)
Just had phone call to say that my husband's surgery tomorrow has been cancelled and rescheduled for Jan 6th.

I guess looking on the bright side we could have arrived at the hospital at 6am tomorrow to be given the news, and at least will be able to have Christmas at home surrounded by our family, but we are sitting here feeling shell shocked.

Not good news at all - but as you say at least you get to be at home.

I'm in Christmas eve and not at all sure if I'm staying yet. Hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow.