Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Movie news, trivia and other snippets (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707314)

General Maximus 24-02-2021 22:44

Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

General Maximus 30-03-2021 14:25

Quote:

Russell Crowe has joined the cast of Marvel’s Thor: Love and Thunder, joining Chris Hemsworth, who is reprising his role as the God of Thunder; Natalie Portman; and Christian Bale, who will be playing the villain. Crowe’s role is being kept under wraps and the hope was to surprise fans with this fun cameo when the film was released, but following recent photos of Crowe hanging out with the cast all over Australia, Deadline has confirmed he is in the movie.
https://deadline.com/2021/03/thor-lo...we-1234723853/

Chris 30-03-2021 14:49

Interesting. A pompous arse in real life, but a very good actor.

General Maximus 30-03-2021 15:02

Yup. If he toned up a bit he would make an awesome Asguardian soldier (General ;) )

denphone 30-03-2021 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36070138)
The Wizard of Oz is getting a remake

:nono::nono:

General Maximus 07-06-2021 13:25

New Master and Commander movie in the works. Not a remake but a continuation of the series with another story.

Cruella sequel in development

Chris 07-06-2021 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36082118)
New Master and Commander movie in the works. Not a remake but a continuation of the series with another story.

Cruella sequel in development

Master and Commander was the first of a series of novels - I think the intention was always to make more than one of them, using Master and Commander as the series title. I really enjoyed Far Side of the World and I was disappointed it didn’t get a follow-up at the time.

Apparently the original film’s plot is a mash-up of several of the original novels, so who knows what they’ll come up with for the sequel. The novels spanned years of the friendship between Aubrey and Maturin so “in universe” it won’t be odd for us to be dropping in on them again nearly 20 years later (though they could get away with claiming a shorter gap than that).

Paul Bettany’s career is definitely on an upward curve. Maybe it’s Russel Crowe who needs a leg-up at the moment. In fact if/when it comes out, I bet he has a production credit. :D

Jaymoss 07-06-2021 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36082121)

Paul Bettany’s career is definitely on an upward curve. Maybe it’s Russel Crowe who needs a leg-up at the moment. In fact if/when it comes out, I bet he has a production credit. :D

I think he is doing ok. He was excellent in Unhinged. He has 2 films completed one of which is the next Thor movie and plenty of work pre production

General Maximus 07-06-2021 14:06

If he could get back into shape I would love to see Russell Crowe in it again, similar to Hornblower. They could easily make a series of 5 films. Just look at Pirates of the Caribbean.

Chris 07-06-2021 14:14

Just looking at the original report, it seems they’re interested in making a prequel, so no beer for Crowe and Bettany this time.

General Maximus 07-06-2021 17:52

that's a shame, although I am still looking forward to a good action/adventure at sea with top notch production quality. You should check out Black Sails if you have never watched it.

pip08456 19-07-2021 21:21

BREAKING: Dune, Jason Momoa is Duncan Idaho. Just released by WB.

General Maximus 19-07-2021 21:50

Means absolutely nothing to me :D i am really looking forward to the new film but literally know nothing about the books/story. I can remember my dad loved the old films when i was younger but all i can remember is a lot of sand and some Star Trek TOS quality blue phaser beams.

pip08456 19-07-2021 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36086921)
Means absolutely nothing to me :D i am really looking forward to the new film but literally know nothing about the books/story. I can remember my dad loved the old films when i was younger but all i can remember is a lot of sand and some Star Trek TOS quality blue phaser beams.

Definately a lot of sand!:D:D

Paul 20-07-2021 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36086921)

Ditto, pretty much.
I vaguely remember trying to watch a previous film and being very bored and confused very quickly, and giving up on it.