Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797] (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33628733)

Rchivist 30-05-2008 11:16

Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dephormation (Post 34563283)
*CONFIRMED*

The btcom.userName/btcom.dateVisited/btcom.isLoggedIn are 'domain cookies' that will be sent to any *.bt.com web site... including webwise.bt.com and www.webwise.bt.com... revealing your email address to Phorm (simply by browsing the pages on webwise.bt.com/ www.webwise.bt.com).

I've asked Rob to do an additional test; I suspect btcom.userName cookie remains set even if you have logged out of bt.com... If so, this would make your email address almost unconditionally available to third parties such as Phorm if you have ever logged in to BT.com.

And presumeably it has been that way for months.

I can confirm that a bt.com username cookie remains set AFTER I logout of bt.com. Currently I am only logged into and showing this one CF page, and my bt.com cookies are (FIREFOX)

btcom.dateVisited
JSESSIONIS_btPortalWebApp (contains encryped data)
btcom.isLoggedIn (says Yes)
btcom.userName (contains my email address for bt.com login- was supposed to expire five minutes ago - the time I logged off bt.com)
SMSESSION (says LOGGEDOFF)
JMSESSIONID_bta (contains encrypted data)
btcom.isLoggedIn (says No)

AlexanderHanff 30-05-2008 11:23

Keep your eye on El Reg today, a little birdie told me they may be posting a new Phorm article ;)

Alexander Hanff

NTLVictim 30-05-2008 11:24

On the subject of spreading the word, has anyone got any contacts with the PC magazines?

Dephormation 30-05-2008 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Jones (Post 34563290)
I can confirm that a bt.com username cookie remains set AFTER I logout of bt.com. Currently I am only logged into and showing this one CF page, and my bt.com cookies are (FIREFOX)

btcom.dateVisited
JSESSIONIS_btPortalWebApp (contains encryped data)
btcom.isLoggedIn (says Yes)
btcom.userName (contains my email address for bt.com login- was supposed to expire five minutes ago - the time I logged off bt.com)
SMSESSION (says LOGGEDOFF)
JMSESSIONID_bta (contains encrypted data)
btcom.isLoggedIn (says No)

Unbelieveable.

So in effect BT have merrily gifted Phorm a list of customer email addresses, enough information to spoof a login session, and for the avoidance of doubt a flag that tells Phorm whether or not the customer was logged in.

And even if you are diligent and log out of BT.com, your email address is still secretly provided to Phorm anyway.

While Kent Erfsfs was simultaneously assuring BT customers “We cannot know who you are or where you’ve been”.

Quite unbelieveable. And quite intolerable if you're a BT customer concerned about Phorm.

All this while claiming ehanced privacy and security.

BadPhormula 30-05-2008 11:36

Re: Emailing police

Quote:

Originally Posted by phormwatch (Post 34563041)
I'm having an email exchange with the police right now. They wish to know the exact section of the RIPA Act which I allged BT have broken. Can someone please quote the relevant passages?

They also won't accept Emma Sandersons admission on Channel 4 as evidence, since they claim it would not stand up in court. Does anyone have access to a statement by Emma Sanderson or otherwise some other kind of proof that the illegal trials took place?

Thanks!

All you need to do it make a transcript of the Channel 4 interview and sign it as a witness. Get Pete John, Stephen Mainwaring and Alexander Hanff to sign a similar witness statement then the police will have to accept it as evidence of a crime.

here is the video you need to transcribe.
http://www.channel4.com/news/article...tomers/1933047

NOTE: I have examined "the evidence" myself and after some consideration I have concluded that it was not a rubber faced spitting image effigy of blotchy faced Emma, so we can eliminate it being a hoax. (and besides ITV are responsible for those rubber grotesques not Channel 4)

davethejag 30-05-2008 11:40

Hi All, Very busy again!! I do not know if anybody has posted this before but I have just seen it -

"Another tech stock whose bubble may have been burst is Phorm, the former 121Media. The group sells software that tracks user behaviour online to help advertisers target their message. But we think that a growing storm in the US about privacy and data protection could limit the market for this, and advised selling the shares at 1713p earlier this month"

Taken from here -

http://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/...OP-IC-TIPS.jsp

davethejag

bluecar1 30-05-2008 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by davethejag (Post 34563312)
Hi All, Very busy again!! I do not know if anybody has posted this before but I have just seen it -

"Another tech stock whose bubble may have been burst is Phorm, the former 121Media. The group sells software that tracks user behaviour online to help advertisers target their message. But we think that a growing storm in the US about privacy and data protection could limit the market for this, and advised selling the shares at 1713p earlier this month"

Taken from here -

http://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/...OP-IC-TIPS.jsp

davethejag

what about the storm over here in the UK????

US coverage seems to be far less than over here, thanks to CF , el reg, badphorm etc

peter

warescouse 30-05-2008 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecar1 (Post 34563320)
what about the storm over here in the UK????

US coverage seems to be far less than over here, thanks to CF , el reg, badphorm etc

peter

I always read the other el reg articles. It is surprising how many Phorm BT/Webwise comments you can add to other slightly related articles. I reckon I get in about two to three anti Phorm comments per week.

AlexanderHanff 30-05-2008 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadPhormula (Post 34563309)
All you need to do it make a transcript of the Channel 4 interview and sign it as a witness. Get Pete John, Stephen Mainwaring and Alexander Hanff to sign a similar witness statement then the police will have to accept it as evidence of a crime.

here is the video you need to transcribe.
http://www.channel4.com/news/article...tomers/1933047

NOTE: I have examined "the evidence" myself and after some consideration I have concluded that it was not a rubber faced spitting image effigy of blotchy faced Emma, so we can eliminate it being a hoax. (and besides ITV are responsible for those rubber grotesques not Channel 4)

Don't worry about this, I will soon have some evidence that the police will not be able to contest (by soon I mean next week). I can't give too many details at the moment, but rest assured, it is the golden egg.

Alexander Hanff

Toto 30-05-2008 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff (Post 34563334)
Don't worry about this, I will soon have some evidence that the police will not be able to contest (by soon I mean next week). I can't give too many details at the moment, but rest assured, it is the golden egg.

Alexander Hanff

Oh, now this should be interesting. :)

NTLVictim 30-05-2008 12:24

On the subject of police inaction, would this work?

If a draught letter could be created that quote the relevant laws etc., then all people would have to do would be to put their own name and address on the top, hand it in at their local station, and get a crime number.

The more people who do that, the more unsolved crime numbers get added to the system..

They want to play by quotas? Let's use their own game against them.

serial 30-05-2008 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Jones (Post 34563252)
this morning the BT Webwise contact.php page
http://webwise.bt.com/webwise/contact.php
is redesigned with two submission options
for contacting or complaining!
Both now point with url links to contact forms on bt.custhelp.com locations which is different from yesterday where they were javascript and ended up with ww3.phorm.com via a webwise.bt.com location

looking at the links for enquiring and complaining they are massive.

hxxp://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_afdpage.php?p_sid=d2aBjY4j&cat_lvl1=771&cat_lvl 2=989&p_cv=2.989&p_cats=771,989&p_param=p_afd_subj ect=BT%20Products%20and%20Services&p_afd_inc_route r=Kana&p_afd_kana_target=residential.services@bt.c om&p_afd_form_id=contactus_send_feedback_products& p_afd_customer_classification=enquiry&p_afd_custom er_category=Feedback%20Products&p_afd_cat_lvl1=&p_ afd_cat_lvl2=&p_afd_cat_lvl3=&p_source=helpandsupp ort

hxxp://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_afdpage.php?p_sid=jyDNmY4j&cat_lvl1=770&cat_lvl 2=980&p_cv=2.980&p_cats=770,980&p_param=p_afd_subj ect=My%20current%20service&p_afd_inc_router=Kana&p _afd_kana_target=residential.services@bt.com&p_afd _form_id=contactus_send_complain_service&p_afd_cus tomer_classification=complaint&p_afd_customer_cate gory=Complain%20Current%20Service&p_afd_cat_lvl1=& p_afd_cat_lvl2=&p_afd_cat_lvl3=&p_source=helpandsu pport

These are the kind of links I'd expect from a phishing site and would never click.

BadPhormula 30-05-2008 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexanderHanff (Post 34563334)

Alexander Hanff

Great to hear this. I'm glad the criminal prosecution angle hasn't lost its momentum. I'd also like to remind people that one of the people responsible for orchestrating BT's criminal wiretap is a guy called Stratis Scleparis who was the former BT Retail CTO. After Scleparis conspiracy to commit a criminal act he was employed as CTO of Phorm in order to overlook the continued criminal activities at BT on behalf of criminal Phorm CEO Kent 'rootkit' Ertugrul.

vicz 30-05-2008 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by serial (Post 34563353)
These are the kind of links I'd expect from a phishing site and would never click.

It looks like this is the highly scientific evaluation mechanism for the trial. "We trialled 10000 users" (aka vegetables who opted in)

How many complaints did you receive per day about Webwise? (a few dozen maybe)

Conclusion: The trials were a great success and prove that the public want to be spied on.

warescouse 30-05-2008 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicz (Post 34563361)
It looks like this is the highly scientific evaluation mechanism for the trial. "We trialled 10000 users" (aka vegetables who opted in)

How many complaints did you receive per day about Webwise? (a few dozen maybe)

Conclusion: The trials were a great success and prove that the public want to be spied on.

I guess no matter what BT say, as the true facts come out and there is a better understanding by the general public about this, voting that counts will take place via people' feet as they take their custom elsewhere.