Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Google Chrome Question (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710327)

alanbjames 22-08-2021 12:34

Google Chrome Question

I wish to start to use Google chrome as my main browser over Firefox as im now finding it faster in many ways.

My question is how do i get rid of all the current bookmarks so i can import all the upto date ones from firefox?

Thanks.

joglynne 22-08-2021 13:07

Re: Google Chrome Question

If you are talking about the bookmarks you have on your current Chrome can't you just delete the chrome bookmarks folder?

I use a chromebook and in the settings > bookmarks option you can choose to have a "Bookmark" tab which makes it a way to delete all chrome bookmarks listed in one simple action.

I did it this way when I decided to ditch Firefox on my laptop but wanted to transfer all my historic ( and current ) bookmarks to my much faster chromebook.

The only thing I would want to check is whether both sets of Bookmarks weren't set up to sync? Don't know if that would even be possible but I would hate any sync action to result in your deleting all your bookmarks.

SnoopZ 22-08-2021 15:06

I know I'm not helping with your question but I recommend using either Microsoft Edge or Vivaldi, both are Chromium based browsers which can use the Chrome store for add-ons and are far better than Google Chrome and all the crap that comes with that.

Jaymoss 22-08-2021 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36090576)
I know I'm not helping with your question but I recommend using either Microsoft Edge or Vivaldi, both are Chromium based browsers which can use the Chrome store for add-ons and are far better than Google Chrome and all the crap that comes with that.

Brave FTW hehehehe

SnoopZ 22-08-2021 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36090588)
Brave FTW hehehehe

I'm addicted to Vivaldi now since installing Vivaldi for Android, the speed dial is fantastic.

alanbjames 23-08-2021 01:43

All sorted now thanks guys.

alanbjames 23-08-2021 08:36

Is there such thing as a statusbar that can be downloaded as an extension that will show the progress of a website loading for example like in firefox?

Thanks guys.

SnoopZ 23-08-2021 12:15

I can't find anything for Chrome but Vivaldi has that option in the settings, if you ever decide to give it a go without all the Google crap that comes with Chrome.

Most of my webpages load instantly though so i hardly see it.

Carth 23-08-2021 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36090673)

Most of my webpages load instantly though so i hardly see it.

I must admit I was puzzled as to what pages he is looking at that require a 'loading bar' to be displayed :shrug:

heero_yuy 23-08-2021 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36090674)
I must admit I was puzzled as to what pages he is looking at that require a 'loading bar' to be displayed :shrug:

Especially with a 1 gig connection.

joglynne 23-08-2021 14:54

Is this one of those much quoted unplug and reboot situations?

OK I'll get my coat and exit stage left. :D :D :D

Carth 23-08-2021 14:57

He maybe has a combination of 4 firewalls and 8 different anti virus products ;)