Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Networking (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Checking connection (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706136)

chrispy2000 11-03-2018 16:31

Checking connection

I've just fitted a new Hub3 and up until then I have had no problem connecting to my WD Mycloud NAS.
Now it keeps disconnecting. It is connected with an ethernet cable to the hub and the PC is also connecting by cable.
I have changed where the cable is plugged in to the hub. But has made no difference.
The light on the front of NAS is not on but the light on the back where the cable plugs in flashes.
The thing is I don't know if it's the hub thats faulty or the NAS.
Is there any way I can check if I'm getting a constance signal from the hub.

Any advice please

alanbjames 11-03-2018 17:03

Re: Checking connection

Try rebooting the NAS. Through changing the Hub it may need to get a new internal IP from the hub.

chrispy2000 11-03-2018 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 35940292)
Try rebooting the NAS. Through changing the Hub it may need to get a new internal IP from the hub.

Thanks for the reply
Done that, a number of times though

nashville 11-03-2018 20:19

Talking about connections, Anyone know if there is a problem with Virgin Go as when I click the app on my tablet it tells me to sign in but no page comes up to sign, Sky apps are ok, was working fine yesterday.

Hom3r 11-03-2018 21:49

Can you access the NAS via its IP address?

nashville 11-03-2018 22:47

Not sure My daughter in Law will have a look tomorrow as it is her Virgin go account,
Another problem I have with Cableform, I have to sign in every time I get an email about a subject and yet I have the box ticked to remember me, it is driving me nuts. Any suggestions

chrispy2000 12-03-2018 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35940308)
Can you access the NAS via its IP address?

Some times.
I have a link in my favorites and some times clicking on it will open and some times not.
I know the IP address has change since installing the hub but I've changed the link.
Also it does shows in the list of connected devices on the hub

nashville 12-03-2018 13:19

Virgin Go is ok today on my hubbys tablet it came back today, But have to sign into to everything on my iPad, I have the same hub, not sure if we have favourite link on my I pad

alanbjames 12-03-2018 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispy2000 (Post 35940327)
Some times.
I have a link in my favorites and some times clicking on it will open and some times not.
I know the IP address has change since installing the hub but I've changed the link.
Also it does shows in the list of connected devices on the hub

Try changing the cable between NAS and Hub.

Seems weird u can access it via IP sometimes and not others. What NAS is it?

chrispy2000 14-03-2018 06:56

It's a WD My Cloud
What I'm basically asking. If there was some program that monitors the connection so I could workout if I was getting a constance signal from the hub or was it dropping out.

nashville 14-03-2018 12:45

i think my problem is something to do with cookies, should they be turned off or on, I do not know much about these things