Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Do you get charged for not being in on booked slot (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710417)

Ziggie 01-10-2021 15:46

Do you get charged for not being in on booked slot

As you know , VM books a slot of 6 hours on a given date for the inside work.

If entry to your premises was not available on the day, does VM charge for the no show or fo they simply rebook on another day?

RichardCoulter 01-10-2021 15:57

Re: Do you get charged for not being in on booked slot

When cable became Virgin Media, they started charging a flat fee for when this happened.

They tried it with me, but I successfully had the charge removed as they didn't give me enough time to answer the door and I threatened to cancel & take action under the Equality Act if they didn't. I also threatened to sue for the times that they had failed to show up.

Not long afterwards, this fee was scrapped.

I have not heard anything to say that this charge has been reintroduced and there's nothing on their website to say that they have, but you never know with this outfit since Liberty Global bought the company.

Itshim 09-10-2021 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36095397)
When cable became Virgin Media, they started charging a flat fee for when this happened.

They tried it with me, but I successfully had the charge removed as they didn't give me enough time to answer the door and I threatened to cancel & take action under the Equality Act if they didn't. I also threatened to sue for the times that they had failed to show up.

Not long afterwards, this fee was scrapped.

I have not heard anything to say that this charge has been reintroduced and there's nothing on their website to say that they have, but you never know with this outfit since Liberty Global bought the company.

What a surprise :shocked:

jb66 09-10-2021 10:00

Virgin don't charge for missed appointments they just make the technician return later even if it pushes them past there finishing time

Mr K 09-10-2021 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 36096695)
Virgin don't charge for missed appointments they just make the technician return later even if it pushes them past there finishing time

Maybe they could leave muddy footprints all over the place as a penalty . Seems fair ;)

Hom3r 11-10-2021 17:29

We have a note on our front door, it says "I am in, please give me time to get to the door."

As I've been home since last March, I get there quite quickly, often the Amazon Driver is walking away.

Jaymoss 11-10-2021 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36097091)
We have a note on our front door, it says "I am in, please give me time to get to the door."

As I've been home since last March, I get there quite quickly, often the Amazon Driver is walking away.

my mancave has a feed from my security camera so if I am expecting something I can keep an eye out and my ring floodlight cam gives a motion detection alert sometimes I open the door before they reach it hahahaha

tweetiepooh 13-10-2021 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36097091)

Most deliveries don't hand over at the moment so just leave on door step anyway.