Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14837)

Tricky 20-07-2004 21:13

Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

Sorted - Just as NTL line up a new batch of "You broke the 1gb limit" letters...

Are the upload speeds changing also?

Electrolyte01 20-07-2004 21:15

Iv'e heard it's only the download :(

kronas 20-07-2004 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky
Are the upload speeds changing also?

nope.

shamstar 23-07-2004 15:44

The new speeds should hopefully be in effect very soon which is great news :D
... but has anyone heard any news about increasing the 1gig a day limits? Maybe one of the NTL staff might be able to give us an idea what people think of it on the inside?

paulyoung666 23-07-2004 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamstar
... but has anyone heard any news about increasing the 1gig a day limits? Maybe one of the NTL staff might be able to give us an idea what people think of it on the inside?

bluddddddddyyyyyyyyyy hell , is there anything else you want :D :D :D , :welcome: to the site btw :)

Neil 23-07-2004 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamstar

There is to be no change to the download limit imposed by ntl (other than the fact you will nw be able to reach it sooner than before of course!)

badnbusy 24-07-2004 11:11

Dont mean to be pessimistic, but just been on the phone to a very knowledgeable chap at ntl support/faults who has insisted that there are still around 10,000 set top boxes that need replacing and in fact there is no date given at all!

He said that he's been given an initial date of around late October/November, regardless of SACM or STB. "Upgrades for SACM and STB will go ahead when the boxes have been replaced"

I said "ntl said late summer! October/November aint summer" - to which he replied.... "Well it is ntl you know!"

LOL.

SOSAGES 24-07-2004 11:48

well i went on an emule clicking spree last night and have lined up a lot of files for my 1.5 upgrade :)

ppolo99 24-07-2004 12:31

:p:
Quote:

Originally Posted by badnbusy
Dont mean to be pessimistic, but just been on the phone to a very knowledgeable chap at ntl support/faults who has insisted that there are still around 10,000 set top boxes that need replacing and in fact there is no date given at all!

He said that he's been given an initial date of around late October/November, regardless of SACM or STB. "Upgrades for SACM and STB will go ahead when the boxes have been replaced"

I said "ntl said late summer! October/November aint summer" - to which he replied.... "Well it is ntl you know!"

LOL.

poo :( :(

lets hope that as usual ntl cs are wrong :p:

Ignition 24-07-2004 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by badnbusy

Dunno about date but there weren't 10,000 STBs that needed replacing in the first place.... :rolleyes:

grindkid25 25-07-2004 13:49

ahhh :@:@:@, thats really irritating spose theres nothing we can do about it :@, so whats happening about the "1st August" date which was given by NTL?

icanadvise 25-07-2004 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by grindkid25
so whats happening about the "1st August" date which was given by NTL?

NTL didnt give it this site did other sites have postings from NTL peeps sayin it was never 1st august. see posting from peter m here http://www.ntlhell.co.uk/forums/inde...pic=4759&st=60 and a post from another insider here http://www.ntlhell.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=5017

grindkid25 25-07-2004 14:12

very confusing, as different areas have been given "apparent" dates for the upgrades which i reckon is just aload of lies

Maggy 25-07-2004 15:48

It will arrive when it arrives.All the speculation in the world won't change that.

Personally I'm too busy for any more of this rumour mongering(especially from erolz) so I'm unsubcribing from this now very pointless thread. :(

Incog.

seaneeboy 26-07-2004 10:06

Well, we'll find out on sunday. If it goes through, then yay!

If not, It'll have to be put down as "Coming soon".

More to the point, it certainly stopped people grumbling about the price hike in the broadband... mission successful for NTL, Not quite sure I see the incentive for them to actually deliver anymore :)