Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Price rise (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707966)

Mad Max 13-08-2019 00:20

Price rise

I took out a new deal about 2 months ago and was told that any price increases would not apply, I have just received an email saying
Quote:

From 1st October your price will be going up by £4.50 a month.
So who am I supposed to believe?

Paul 13-08-2019 04:28

Re: Price rise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36005906)
I took out a new deal about 2 months ago and was told that any price increases would not apply, I have just received an email saying

I would not believe anything VM told me.

Of course, if your one of the 100,000 lucky ones, your price will be frozen anyway :rolleyes:

Tricky Trevor 13-08-2019 08:43

I think if you are on Ompph the prices are frozen

RichardCoulter 13-08-2019 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36005906)

I too received a similar email. When I rang VM to sort it out, I was told that my price wasn't going up!

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 36005910)
I would not believe anything VM told me.

Of course, if your one of the 100,000 lucky ones, your price will be frozen anyway :rolleyes:

Neither would I, so I got the woman who told me that my price wasn't going up to put what she had told me on the notes on my account in case i'm told different further down the line.

She said that these emails had been sent out to all customers en masse regardless of whether their price was going up or not, but I don't think this can be true as they all appear to be personalised to each customers individual services.

japitts 13-08-2019 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36005916)

She said that these emails had been sent out to all customers en masse regardless of whether their price was going up or not, but I don't think this can be true as they all appear to be personalised to each customers individual services.

Just a thought, but could it be that the emails are personalised to every combination of service, bundle & price that VM can account for - rather than individual customers?

I don't know, just saying it's possible.

jfman 13-08-2019 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 36005921)
Just a thought, but could it be that the emails are personalised to every combination of service, bundle & price that VM can account for - rather than individual customers?

Like a mail merge?

Nah, I think they manually write up all 4.5 million letters and seal them by hand.

RichardCoulter 13-08-2019 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 36005921)

You may well be right.