Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

nstokes 18-09-2012 11:25

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35475411)

Its a loss for the BBC and gain for BT. He is a great presenter

Gavin-D 18-09-2012 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35475411)

A big loss for BBC F1 I think Lee McKenzie could be in the frame to replace Jake she's presented F1 before the Canadian GP was one of them

andy_m 18-09-2012 12:00

Tough shoes to fill, and a tough job. You've only got to look at Simon Lazenby to realise how easy it is to be a pretty awful f1 anchor. Lee Mackenzie has done well when she's had to step in during the commonwealth games, European championships etc and would be the obvious immediate, and cheap replacement, but I wonder if the BBC will feel they need to push the boat out a bit in order to remain a credible f1 broadcaster. They currently enjoy good access to the teams, in part because they continue to enjoy good viewing figures and the sponsors are visible, but viewing figures are down on last season and the departure of Jake won't help that.

Also of interest is that bt's sports channel appears to be beginning to take shape. I wonder if we can expect some sort of announcemen soon ish? I would have thought they'd be keen to get that, and their youview box, out sooner rather than later, because despite all the investment they must be losing out to talk talk youview with now TV.

Media Boy UK 18-09-2012 12:23

Rumour: BT Vision secure Ligue 1, Serie A, MLS and Brasileirao rights from ESPN UK.

DS Forum poster ''stej86'' posted the following last night:

Quote:

BT Vision secure Ligue 1, Serie A, MLS and Brasileirao rights from ESPN UK. It is believed the transfer of rights will occur at the end of the 2012/2013 season when ESPN will withdraw from the UK market.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1735687

nstokes 18-09-2012 12:54

Hopefully it wont be long before BT syas how much the channel will cost each month and what channels the platform will be on

Media Boy UK 18-09-2012 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35475446)
Hopefully it wont be long before BT syas how much the channel will cost each month and what channels the platform will be on

See link http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...6&postcount=16

yorkshireborn 18-09-2012 13:00

no ESPN

time to drop from XL to L on the TV side.

theres just no value in Virgin any more

ESPN was VM's biggest selling point.

nstokes 18-09-2012 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35475447)

If that is the price that is expensive. WIth Ssky sports on to top is about £40 a month maybe more

braysoj1 18-09-2012 13:35

mb will vm get bt sport channel :) ps i think espn will leave uk and bt sport will be on xl pack (i hope it will)

Media Boy UK 18-09-2012 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by braysoj1 (Post 35475461)
mb will vm get bt sport channel :) ps i think espn will leave uk and bt sport will be on xl pack (i hope it will)

No news yet on if BT Sports will launch on Virgin Media or even Sky.

denphone 18-09-2012 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35475446)

Yes the sooner we know the better.

Itshim 18-09-2012 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35475466)
Yes the sooner we know the better.

O ye of little faith, just wait you know its "coming soon" ;)

How could the service that delivers, fail its servants. How would they ever live it down :dozey::)

denphone 18-09-2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35475503)
O ye of little faith, just wait you know its "coming soon" ;)

How could the service that delivers, fail its servants. How would they ever live it down :dozey::)

Such words of eloquence from one so revered.:)

one2escape 18-09-2012 14:52

My guessing is they will price it so you will have to Bt Infinity installed.

Gavin-D 18-09-2012 15:48

Some more info on Jake Humphrey's deal with BT

BT has signed up BBC presenter Jake Humphrey to anchor its coverage of Premier League football, starting next season, on a £250,000-plus annual salary.

He has signed a four-year contract with BT starting in January.

A spokesman for BT said the deal was not exclusive and that Humphrey could continue to work for the BBC outside of his contract period.

Jake has however confirmed he is leaving F1 on the BBC at the end of the season.