Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698617)

Hugh 11-08-2014 21:24

Doctor Who

Trailer for the new series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7Fhr-HapZE

Russ 23-08-2014 22:09

Re: Doctor Who General Discussion

Could Jenna Coleman get any more annoying? She was a bad distraction in an otherwise good episode.

Stephen 23-08-2014 22:15

I loved the new theme, very odd but a lot more Who like. Loved the new titles.

Scottish accent is fantastic and loved the jokes about it and them sounding English.

Also though Clara was actually better now, she seems to work better with Capaldi.

Russ 23-08-2014 22:20

Her performances in the 'restaurant' and underground chamber almost made want to switch off, I really hope this isn't a new direction they're taking her in.

Paul 23-08-2014 22:33

I dont really mind her.
If the rumours are true, she is leaving soon, so you should be happy.

I find this doctor acting all weird after a regeneration a bit tiresome now.

peanut 23-08-2014 22:35

What a load of crap for an opener. Though probably would be fine for 12 year olds.

Chris 23-08-2014 22:38

Loved it from start to finish, as did the rest of the family. I thought there was some obvious chemistry between Jenna Coleman and Peter Capaldi which bodes well for the series to come.

Stephen 23-08-2014 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35723836)
What a load of crap for an opener. Though probably would be fine for 12 year olds.

You do realise it is aimed at families/kids? Always has been.

I personally loved everything about it. So glad to finally have an older Doctor again.

One thing that confused me was Clara fraking out over the Doctor looking older. She has met all versions of the Doctor so it shouldn't be a shock that his look is so different.

peanut 23-08-2014 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35723841)
You do realise it is aimed at families/kids? Always has been. .

Crap as in crap acting, crap fight scenes, crap story, crap CGI, for an opener it was dire. Each to their own an all that.

Stephen 23-08-2014 23:25

I thought the opposite for all of that.

Maggy 24-08-2014 00:20

A bit too surreal for me.Hopefully next week's will be less confusing.

Maggy 24-08-2014 09:58

Oh and a little less of the 'affair' with female companions would suit me far more..lets have an adventure and stuff the romance. Oh and the Doctor threatening to kill people/lifeforms? Perlease.I remember Layla who wanted to kill everyone and Who was the one who kept telling her off..

Stephen 24-08-2014 13:06

The doctor has killed people before although he doesn't do it unless a last resort.

They have stated there will be no romance this time.

Next weeks maybe a little weird too. It's called into the Dalek.

Stuart 24-08-2014 14:21

I liked it.

Good acting, especially Jenna's performance when the Doctor almost sacrificed Clara.

Good story as well, it was funny where it needed to be, but also a little unnerving where it needed to be. Steven Moffat seems to be keen to explore the darker side of the Doctor, and I loved the bit where Capaldi was recognising everything as Clara, except Clara.

Good, if a little obscure, references to the earlier Moffat stories as well. In fact, this story almost seemed like a sequel to one of them.

Looking forward to next weeks. Good to see a show that has good SFX etc, but doesn't forget that you need a good story to use them on.

Mick Fisher 24-08-2014 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35723844)
Crap as in crap acting, crap fight scenes, crap story, crap CGI, for an opener it was dire. Each to their own an all that.

Typical arty farty self indulgent Beeb crap. This show used to be fun but the story lines are usually so obtuse these days it is a chore to watch. Yes I agree Jenna is intensely annoying. I hope it is true that she is on her way out. How do the lesbians add to the mix. Just the Beeb being PC I expect. I thought Capaldi was disappointing, maybe he will stop hamming it up so much and grow into the role?