Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Terror plot to Assassinate Theresa May Foiled (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705784)

Mick 06-12-2017 02:29

Terror plot to Assassinate Theresa May Foiled

https://news.sky.com/story/terror-pl...oiled-11158388

Quote:

A terror plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May has been foiled, Sky sources have confirmed.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It's the latest in a number of terror plots that police and MI5 believe they've foiled this year.

"I understand that the head of MI5, Andrew Parker, briefed Cabinet ministers today, such is the seriousness of what they believed they have uncovered.

"It is in essence an extreme Islamist suicide plot against Downing Street. Essentially police believe that the plan was to launch some sort of improvised explosive device at Downing Street and in the ensuing chaos attack and kill Theresa May, the Prime Minister.

Mr K 06-12-2017 07:36

Re: Terror plot to Assassinate Theresa May Foiled

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35927634)

It's the 'assassins' in her own party she wants to be more worried about.

OLD BOY 06-12-2017 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35927646)
It's the 'assassins' in her own party she wants to be more worried about.

Well, despite all the speculation of Theresa's downfall, she's still PM. Maybe there's a tad too much speculation!

papa smurf 06-12-2017 11:29

if she was killed they would just pick another drone off the shelf ,in all honesty i would imagine half the population would like to strangle her over the brexit debacle

Gavin78 06-12-2017 19:42

who do you think would take her place?

richard s 06-12-2017 21:44

Donald Trump:D

papa smurf 07-12-2017 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35927751)
who do you think would take her place?

a difficult one to answer there would be lots of backstabbing and infighting
so take your pick Davis /bojo /the gover depends who has the sharpest knife but not another weak woman this ones never been man enough to get the job done

Carth 07-12-2017 10:12

. . . and anyone with enough backbone to make strong leadership decisions will be immediately vilified by the media and their fellow politicians as an arrogant bully - political suicide right there :redcard:

RichardCoulter 07-12-2017 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35927663)
if she was killed they would just pick another drone off the shelf ,in all honesty i would imagine half the population would like to strangle her over the brexit debacle

Indeed. Seems pretty pointless trying to kill a woman who is dead on her feet anyway.

Hugh 07-12-2017 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35927826)
Indeed. Seems pretty pointless trying to kill a woman who is dead on her feet anyway.

I don't think the attempt was a comment on her political strength/weakness...

Gavin78 07-12-2017 14:30

It's difficult to find something with any truth, you've got the media reporting Political WW3 and on the other hand you've got the bob marley of politicians singing "Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be all right"

Aside from that you really think the plan would have actually worked?. not even sure how strong them gates are.

Hom3r 07-12-2017 18:37

Lock them up for whole life, or deport them regardless of the threat they may face.

Mr K 07-12-2017 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35927875)
Lock them up for whole life, or deport them regardless of the threat they may face.

Who, Gove and Boris ? A bit harsh, but I'm with you on that....

Gavin78 07-12-2017 21:37

I'm more concerned how stupid these terrorists are I would have thought taking out the labour party would have been a better choice? they would have been let off by the labour policy of "Peace not War"

heero_yuy 08-12-2017 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 35927913)
I'm more concerned how stupid these terrorists are I would have thought taking out the labour party would have been a better choice? they would have been let off by the labour policy of "Peace not War"

I can just hear Corbyn's last word as his various body parts are distributed over the neigbourhood: "Pardon?" :D