Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cable Forum Vaccinations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709819)

Paul 23-02-2021 05:47

Cable Forum Vaccinations

I thought it would be interesting to see how this is progressing with forum members.

Please "vote" for the appropriate option when you have had yours.

(Please only vote once you have had it, not when it is booked).

---------- Post added at 05:47 ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 ----------

Add a comment if you wish, I got mine yesterday (Pfizer).

oliver1948uk 23-02-2021 06:24

Re: Cable Forum Vaccinations

I actually received 3 letters through the post inviting me to book a vaccination, perhaps because I fall into 2 categories (over 70 and clinically vulnerable).
This was at the end of January. Booking online was easy, though at that time nothing was available for several weeks in my home town of Mansfield (a vast injection centre has since been set up). Thus I opted for the Forest site in Nottingham which had only just opened and was suffering from teething problems, resulting in an outside queue in freezing temperatures for over an hour and the injection 90 minutes late. However, there was a great atmosphere not least because of the positive attitude of the staff and volunteers on duty.

Taf 23-02-2021 10:50

The tiers are different here in Wales

1.residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2.all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3.all those 75 years of age and over
4.all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5.all those 65 years of age and over
6.all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7.all those 60 years of age and over
8.all those 55 years of age and over
9.all those 50 years of age and over

6bis.Those who are eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable.

I will be in tier 5 in a few days, but also tier 6 as I am a Carer for a diabetic over 16. My wife and daughter are in tier 6 (diabetes, etc.), but only my wife has been called forward for next month so far.

Many have queried the gap from 65 to 69 to prioritise vulnerable people, but no reply has ever been given.

Chris 23-02-2021 11:08

The tiers will differ slightly in all the nations, but they're similar enough for us to all meaningfully indicate our position on the poll here.

denphone 23-02-2021 11:59

l booked my Vaccine jab yesterday for today and had my Oxford AstraZenica jab this morning along with my carer.

pip08456 23-02-2021 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36071704)
The tiers are different here in Wales

1.residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2.all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3.all those 75 years of age and over
4.all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5.all those 65 years of age and over
6.all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7.all those 60 years of age and over
8.all those 55 years of age and over
9.all those 50 years of age and over

6bis.Those who are eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable.

I will be in tier 5 in a few days, but also tier 6 as I am a Carer for a diabetic over 16. My wife and daughter are in tier 6 (diabetes, etc.), but only my wife has been called forward for next month so far.

Many have queried the gap from 65 to 69 to prioritise vulnerable people, but no reply has ever been given.

I'm in Wales, in tier 7 and had my jab last week.

SnoopZ 23-02-2021 12:21

Got mine today, AstraZenica: Age 50 - 59.

Dude111 24-02-2021 04:08

I think if you guys are gonna get it,the AstraZenica one is probably MUCH SAFER/better than the other 2 being offered in the states......

Maggy 24-02-2021 09:39

Too late I've had the Pfizer and no problems.

Mr K 24-02-2021 11:03

This forum is full of very old people ! I'm far too young to be vaccinated :)
(And its spelt AstraZeneca btw. God bless those shares i have ;) )

Chris 24-02-2021 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36071792)
This forum is full of very old people ! I'm far too young to be vaccinated :)
(And its spelt AstraZeneca btw. God bless those shares i have ;) )

I corrected the poll spelling. :D

And I salute your good fortune in holding AZ shares. Although the company is presently producing at-cost, I trust in time they will be suitably rewarded for all their hard work on our behalf.

Hugh 25-02-2021 12:30

Got my letter today to book the jabs, but I’ll wait until tomorrow, when I will have been for the three month follow-up appointment for the Novavax vaccine trial, where I will ask if I was given the vaccine or a placebo.

raging bull 25-02-2021 15:14

People are reporting more issues after having the second dose of the vac, example friend with issues had his yesterday and reports being light headed for 3-4hrs.
Although it could be like other jabs, it produces different side effects.

Chris 25-02-2021 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 36071943)
People are reporting more issues after having the second dose of the vac, example friend with issues had his yesterday and reports being light headed for 3-4hrs.
Although it could be like other jabs, it produces different side effects.

Yes, the Pfizer in particular is liable to do this. Those hospitals in Scotland that continued to offer the second dose after 21 days to frontline staff who already had an appointment date, rapidly stopped doing so because they were starting to experience unsustainable levels of staff absence.

Because the immune system is invisible to us, we don't realise that it works hard and uses energy. When it kicks in strongly, as it should do if any of these covid vaccines are doing their job, it can be a bit of a shock to the system.

Still, it's expected, and in the overwhelming majority of cases it's not a problem.

SnoopZ 25-02-2021 17:18

After having my first dose of the Oxford vaccine a few days ago I was fine for 12hrs then come 10pm I was shattered and my arm and shoulder ached which made it hard to sleep.

tweetiepooh 25-02-2021 17:43

My wife had first Pfizer jab today. I'm due for my first dose next week.

denphone 25-02-2021 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36071964)
After having my first dose of the Oxford vaccine a few days ago I was fine for 12hrs then come 10pm I was shattered and my arm and shoulder ached which made it hard to sleep.

l was fine until the following day and then l felt very tired and achy.

Jaymoss 25-02-2021 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36071964)

I had pfizer yesterday. 10 mins after I felt a little itch for about 5 minutes then no other side effect. Might get something later when my body starts fighting but so far the only reason I know I had it is the memory of having it

Hugh 25-02-2021 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36071913)
Got my letter today to book the jabs, but I’ll wait until tomorrow, when I will have been for the three month follow-up appointment for the Novavax vaccine trial, where I will ask if I was given the vaccine or a placebo.

SWMBO was contacted, so we’ve both booked 1st and 2nd jabs at a local hotel which is 5 minutes drive from home.

Our 1st jabs are Friday 5th March, 2nd jabs 21st May (I’ll cancel them if I find I’ve already had the Novavax vaccine, but thought it prudent to book them just in case).

Paul 25-02-2021 21:23

My daughter had to come home from work today due to delayed side effects from the Oxford/AstraZeneca (made her feel tired and sick).

Shes fine now though, and going back tomorrow. No effects here from the Pfizer jab (then again, I rarely get side effects from anything).

Mr K 25-02-2021 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36071980)
l was fine until the following day and then l felt very tired and achy.

Sort of red wine symptoms then? ;)

daveeb 25-02-2021 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36072039)

:D I like your thinking. Probably best to have a few glasses of your favourite tipple post vaccination to mitigate any side effects or at least apportion blame there instead.

raging bull 25-02-2021 22:19

It appears any side effects kick in within the 3days following the 2nd jab.

Stephen 25-02-2021 23:08

I had the Astrazeneca last Monday. Age 39 with Kidney failure and dialysis.

Felt fine at the time, but late in the evening I started to feel really rough and shivery. Took paracetamol and had an early night. Felt fine the next day.

denphone 26-02-2021 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36072039)

The trouble is l don't drink alcohol Mr K.:)

MikeyB 26-02-2021 15:54

Had my 1st dose this morning, AstraZeneca: Age 16+, With Medical Condition
So far no side effects

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36072001)
SWMBO was contacted, so we’ve both booked 1st and 2nd jabs at a local hotel which is 5 minutes drive from home.

Our 1st jabs are Friday 5th March, 2nd jabs 21st May (I’ll cancel them if I find I’ve already had the Novavax vaccine, but thought it prudent to book them just in case).

When I booked mine last week it was just for the 1st jab, will be contacted again at some point in the future to book the 2nd, same for my other half and my parents.
Different booking systems in different areas?

MalteseFalcon 28-02-2021 15:18

Had mine Friday, had the AZ one. Left arm (where I had it) is still sore, however the only flu like symptoms I had (achy muscles) passed after 48 hours. I booked mine after getting a letter from the government saying I was now able to book my vaccine so I did. Second dose also booked in for May 16.

daveeb 28-02-2021 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyB (Post 36072131)
Had my 1st dose this morning, AstraZeneca: Age 16+, With Medical Condition
So far no side effects

When I booked mine last week it was just for the 1st jab, will be contacted again at some point in the future to book the 2nd, same for my other half and my parents.
Different booking systems in different areas?

Mrs Daveeb got lucky and got one (AZ) last week, and she was told she would be contacted at a later date for her second appointment.

heero_yuy 01-03-2021 13:27

Got my letter today and have been able to book first and second jabs at the same time: Sunday 7th March and Wednesday 26th May. Go to go over to Chichester. It's the closest with on site parking. The OH is a few years younger than me so he'll just have to wait his turn.

Hugh 01-03-2021 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36072466)
Got my letter today and have been able to book first and second jabs at the same time: Sunday 7th March and Wednesday 26th May. Go to go over to Chichester. It's the closest with on site parking. The OH is a few years younger than me so he'll just have to wait his turn.

It’s worth trying, as I got a letter last week, and it stated it was open for 64+ - my wife tried as well (even though the website said 64+ as well), and was given an appointment (she’s 60).

Dude111 02-03-2021 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy
Too late I've had the Pfizer and no problems.

God bless you Maggy.. We hope you will continue to be ok :)

Carth 04-03-2021 11:20

I had the Pfizer about 2 weeks ago.

It has had no effect on the amount of Brandy & Cigarettes I am getting through, and sadly it hasn't alleviated the horrible 'caged tiger' mood I've been in for around the last 3 months :(

Wife had the Pfizer about 6 weeks ago (council worker, social care) . . . didn't improve her cooking skills or remove wrinkles ;)

tweetiepooh 04-03-2021 12:35

I was due for 3rd, then they moved to the 12th. Had a call from GP today offering me the vaccine with slots on the 5th. So moved to that date.

Carth 04-03-2021 18:00

Here's something I forgot to add, maybe someone can throw light on it . .

Before the jab I was asked if I'd had Covid 19, to which I answered no and was given the jab.

I could however, be asymptomatic and not know it (as could anyone), so what's the point of the question if there's no further check?

Does the body react differently if antibodies are already present, or do they feel it's a waste of a jab if you've already had it and survived?

joglynne 04-03-2021 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36073031)

Before the jab I was asked if I'd had Covid 19, to which I answered no and was given the jab.

I could however, be asymptomatic and not know it (as could anyone), so what's the point of the question if there's no further check?

Does the body react differently if antibodies are already present, or do they feel it's a waste of a jab if you've already had it and survived?

Way back I am sure that it was noted that unless you had a fairly severe covid infection then very few antibodies were generated. I think it was when they were harvesting plasma with high antibody levels to transfuse into the patients who were on ventilators and nothing else was working. I don't think being asymptomatic would have any adverse effect on the way our bodies would cope with the vaccination as there wouldn't be much of a system overload.

Maybe they are asking about any previous Covid-19 infection so that stats of some form could be used in the future. <<shrug>> I was asked the same question when I had my first jab in early January.

Probably best ignore my ramblings meds are kicking in.

Hugh 04-03-2021 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36073031)

https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/working-for-u...s-vaccine.aspx
Quote:

Q. If I've had a positive antibody test, should I still get vaccinated?
A. Yes, the vaccine can be given if you have had a positive antibody test.

Q. I'm currently ill with COVID-19, can I get the vaccine?
A. People currently unwell and experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not receive the COVID-19 vaccine until they have recovered.

Q. Should people who have already had COVID-19 get vaccinated?
A. Yes, they should get vaccinated. There is no evidence of any safety concerns from vaccinating individuals with a past history of COVID-19 infection, or with detectable COVID-19 antibody so people who have had COVID-19 disease (whether confirmed or suspected) can still receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

You can have the vaccine 28 days after you had a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after your symptoms started, so you may need to wait.’
Hope this helps.

tweetiepooh 05-03-2021 12:11

Just been and had mine - AZ today. Wife was there last week - Pfizer.

There were a couple ahead of me - dad and son I guess but AZ is only given to 18+ and they were arguing about it with "receptionist". Didn't really follow what was happening just heard the bit about age.

Aye Up 05-03-2021 13:34

Just been for mine, was Oxford vaccine. Operation was run very smoothly, staff and volunteers very cheery pointing people in the right direction. I was in and out within around 7 minutes I think.

They asked the usual questions, was I driving etc. Since I can't drive, they didn't request I wait around for 15 mins.

What I found rather odd though is the amount of people 70+ still being vaccinated, I don't know if its second doses that might be impacting this.

I had mine done in Wythenshawe, plenty of social distancing going on, good open spaces.

In some ways left me slightly emotional.......I'm just glad I live in a country where I can get the jab but also have access to healthcare free at the point of need.

Taf 05-03-2021 14:51

The missus has been called forward to a Vac Centre next Sunday. I have to go to the GP 3 days later, and our twins also have to go to the Vac Centre (luckily at exactly the same time) at the end of the month.

Hugh 05-03-2021 15:20

Just had our first jabs, AZ/O vaccine, took 20 minutes from entering the door till leaving, very efficient and friendly, no hold ups - bonus it being in a local hotel, 5 minutes drive away.

(I got "unblinded" from the Novavax trial yesterday- I had been given the placebo, and their injections weren’t being given until after Easter (at the earliest), so decided to go for what was available now).

spiderplant 05-03-2021 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36073192)
I had been given the placebo

Do you know what it was? And did it have any effect?

I currently have my knee strapped up for a torn ligament. The missus reckons it's a placebo, but if it is, it's a bloody good one. :D

Hugh 05-03-2021 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36073226)
Do you know what it was? And did it have any effect?

I currently have my knee strapped up for a torn ligament. The missus reckons it's a placebo, but if it is, it's a bloody good one. :D

Saline solution - no effect, as it's basically water.

Dude111 06-03-2021 02:39

We all hope you will be OK Hugh :)

Sirius 06-03-2021 20:52

I had the Astrazeneca jab today, it will be interesting to see if i have any side affects seen by others

pip08456 06-03-2021 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36073386)
I had the Astrazeneca jab today, it will be interesting to see if i have any side affects seen by others

I had none, you may be the same.

spiderplant 06-03-2021 21:32

Quote:

You may as well have a skinful this evening because you'll have a hangover in the morning either way ;)

I had my jab on Thursday evening and am just starting to feel better. It really was just like a bad hangover.

Paul 07-03-2021 01:37

Quote:

It seems to be the more common one, according to our poll anyway.

Taf 07-03-2021 11:21

The missus just had her first one. 9 minutes from entrance to exit. AstraZeneca.

heero_yuy 07-03-2021 14:52

Just got back from Chichester. Very well organised and I didn't even feel the jab. AZ.

SnoopZ 07-03-2021 15:30

Hopefully all you guys won't feel like crap in 12hrs like I did.

Sirius 07-03-2021 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36073428)

I am.

I have a temp but at the same time i am shivering. I also have a headache and stiff joints. I will get over it.

denphone 07-03-2021 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36073428)

Yeah l felt very achy and tired for about 48 hours then it eased.

Julian 07-03-2021 18:47

I had some reaction to my flu jab last year but nothing at all to my AZ jab 4 weeks ago, we are all different. :)

Sirius 08-03-2021 08:32

What a difference today, i now feel fine :)

Maggy 08-03-2021 09:07

Seems I was lucky..No issues at all.

Hugh 08-03-2021 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36073436)
Yeah l felt very achy and tired for about 48 hours then it eased.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36073474)
What a difference today, i now feel fine :)

We had some of the same challenges - I felt fine, SWMBO felt ‘flu like" for 48 hours, but fine now.

heero_yuy 08-03-2021 12:03

Best part of a day since the jab and I don't have any side effects, not even soreness at the jab site. :)

Maybe I've already had the virus without knowing.

nomadking 08-03-2021 20:45

Had the jab(AZ) a matter of hours ago, and now have a high temperature(37.7, normally around 35.8). Not too concerned at the moment.

spiderplant 08-03-2021 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36073510)
Maybe I've already had the virus without knowing.

Or maybe not:

"Around a third of vaccinated people who had COVID-19 in the past reported at least one systemic effect within seven days from their vaccination, compared with just under one in five people who had not already had the virus."

https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid...pfizer-effects

Taf 10-03-2021 10:39

That's the first jab for me, back in 10 weeks.

I walked into an empty waiting room. A nurse called for 3 male muslim patients (obvious names). They were not present, so she called my name. In, coat off, 3 questions, jab, given my card with the date for the second jab. And out in under 3 minutes.

The missus had hers at a Vac Centre on Sunday (16-64 with underlying health condition), and our twins get their at the end of the month (16-64 with underlying health conditions).

Now a 10 week wait for my second one.

SnoopZ 10-03-2021 11:38

Which vaccine Taf?

I wish I was given a date for the second jab but I will have to rely on a phone call like the first jab I guess.

joglynne 10-03-2021 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36073767)
Which vaccine Taf?

I wish I was given a date for the second jab but I will have to rely on a phone call like the first jab I guess.

As Taf didn't have to have a 15 minute wait to leave after his vaccination i am assuming he had the AZ version.

Like you my husband and I weren't given a date for our second Vacc. The normal thing with the central hub we attended.

John had his inj just before Christmas after our GP practice phoned him with the invite. He had a phone call from them again yesterday and went for his second Pfizer jab at the hub this morning at 8am. I was starting to worry that we wouldn't be contacted but apparently it was hoped that doing it this way would mean we could get our 2nd Pfizer vacc sooner than any date set at the time of our first jabs. Hoping that I will get the call in the next couple of weeks.

SnoopZ 10-03-2021 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36073774)
As Taf didn't have to have a 15 minute wait to leave after his vaccination i am assuming he had the AZ version.

Like you my husband and I weren't given a date for our second Vacc. The normal thing with the central hub we attended.

John had his inj just before Christmas after our GP practice phoned him with the invite. He had a phone call from them again yesterday and went for his second Pfizer jab at the hub this morning at 8am. I was starting to worry that we wouldn't be contacted but apparently it was hoped that doing it this way would mean we could get our 2nd Pfizer vacc sooner than any date set at the time of our first jabs. Hoping that I will get the call in the next couple of weeks.

I had to have a 15min wait for my AZ, basically not letting me drive in that time.

Taf 10-03-2021 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36073776)
I had to have a 15min wait for my AZ, basically not letting me drive in that time.

It was the AZ jab, and I was advised not to drive for 15 minutes. But I had walked there, so walked back home. In the bl**dy poring rain... :(

The missus and twins have their dates for the second dose too. The cards they give out here in Wales are designed for that. And, incidentally the grouping is different here, I slipped into the "over 65" group after my recent birthday.

joglynne 10-03-2021 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36073779)
It was the AZ jab, and I was advised not to drive for 15 minutes. But I had walked there, so walked back home. In the bl**dy poring rain... :(

The missus and twins have their dates for the second dose too. The cards they give out here in Wales are designed for that. And, incidentally the grouping is different here, I slipped into the "over 65" group after my recent birthday.

That was John's only moan. His hearing aids have just about dried out.:D

It's good to know that people are getting their second jabs, feels like we are making inroads into this horrible mess at last. Stay safe Taf. xx

pip08456 10-03-2021 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36073779)

I didn't get my second date when I had my first jab. Are you in Cardiff &Vale HB area?

Dude111 14-03-2021 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy
Seems I was lucky..No issues at all.

Im very glad Maggy......I worry about everyone who takes this!!

It isnt really a vaccine,its some experimental drug or something I have read.........

spiderplant 14-03-2021 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36074202)
It isnt really a vaccine,its some experimental drug or something I have read.........

You need to change your reading sources.

Stephen 14-03-2021 08:22

Quote:

What you have read is totally wrong. Of course its a v a vaccine.

daveeb 14-03-2021 11:59

Had my Oxford crazy experimental drug on Friday :D . In and out in 5 minutes. No obvious major side effects other than a sore arm and a bit of stiffness which is difficult to distinguish from the normal day to day creakiness.

SnoopZ 14-03-2021 12:08

Quote:

What a load of balls!!!

denphone 14-03-2021 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36074225)
What a load of balls!!!

l would echo that sentiment..

Sirius 14-03-2021 12:31

Quote:

Are you just out to troll ?. It's a vaccine and i am glad it available to anyone who wants it.

Dude111 14-03-2021 20:13

No im not im sorry Sirius :(

Russ 15-03-2021 01:30

Had my 1st jab yesterday, Oxford AV.

Felt quite warm yesterday evening, went to bed.

It’s now 1.30am and I have quality Chills.

Arse.

Angua 17-03-2021 15:11

Just has mine. Son will be having his within the next 20 minutes.

Russ 17-03-2021 15:21

Which did you have?

peanut 17-03-2021 15:25

I had the AZ Monday, felt rough 12 hours after, seem to be over the worse today.

SnoopZ 17-03-2021 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36074567)
I had the AZ Monday, felt rough 12 hours after, seem to be over the worse today.

12hrs after is when I felt really tough, tired and achy with headaches.

Angua 17-03-2021 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36074565)
Which did you have?

The Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca solution for injection as per the headline on the leaflet.

Russ 17-03-2021 15:51

Same here. Chills and aches 12 hours later that lasted about another 12. Had mine on Sunday and the jab area is still sore albeit not as much.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 36074572)
The Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca solution for injection as per the headline on the leaflet.

Keep some paracetamol handy. Hope I’m wrong but you’ll likely need it in the morning…

joglynne 17-03-2021 15:52

Quote:

UK vaccine VICTORY as Britain surpasses 25m first doses – almost half of all adults jabbed
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ock-Covid-news

Also in the Express is an article that states that people who have had both the AZ and the Pfizer vaccinations are showing a similar level of blood clots yet the EU and other countries who have used the Pfizer jab don't seem to be suspending its use in the same way that they are doing with the AZ vaccinations.
Quote:

Pfizer’s Covid vaccine has been linked to more blood clots than AstraZeneca’s, according to the vaccine’s data.

Information from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK suggests more people have reported blood clots after a Pfizer vaccine than with the AstraZeneca.

Up to February 28, there were 38 reports from about 11.5million doses of Pfizer’s vaccine – compared to 30 from 9.7million AstraZeneca doses.

However, it has to be stressed that both figures, the equivalent of one blood clot for every 367,000 vaccines, is thought to be higher than the risk expected in the entirety of the general population.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...lood-clots-EVG

Angua 17-03-2021 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36074573)
Same here. Chills and aches 12 hours later that lasted about another 12. Had mine on Sunday and the jab area is still sore albeit not as much.

Keep some paracetamol handy. Hope I’m wrong but you’ll likely need it in the morning…

I took a couple just over an hour before getting the vaccine. Apparently this is also supposed to help. As well as avoiding stress and having a positive attitude.

Taf 17-03-2021 20:19

Quote:

25,000–32,000 (Thrombosis -blood clot) deaths in hospital patients in England and Wales per year.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...le%27%20deaths.

Quote:

over 500,000 lives (lost due to Thrombosis -blood clots) in the EU annually
https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/...-annually.html

Paul 17-03-2021 23:46

My other half gets hers on Friday afternoon.
We are pretty sure she will get AZ becasue the site emailed yesterday saying anyone waiting for their 2nd jab of Pfizer will have to reschedule, as they have run out.

GrimUpNorth 18-03-2021 10:48

AZ this morning, impressed with the set-up at the small community centre just round the corner. The nurse was saying they're doing 700ish on a good day.

Was told to sit in the car for 15 mins then take some paracetamol when I got home as they seem to almost expect you to feel a bit rough in the coming hours! My wife felt pretty rough for a couple of days after she had her AZ jab.

Glad I've had it.

Hutch6271 18-03-2021 11:02

Had mine Saturday (AZ) at 3.40. Felt fine until 2pm on Sunday, then became lethargic and at 7pm had a high temperature. Got up Monday morning and felt fine.

Angua 18-03-2021 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36074573)

Bit of a stiff neck and mild headache is about it for me.

Son woke up with severe shivers & that was it. - Although he did have a 6am start at work.

Mr K 18-03-2021 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36074647)
AZ this morning, impressed with the set-up at the small community centre just round the corner. The nurse was saying they're doing 700ish on a good day.

Was told to sit in the car for 15 mins then take some paracetamol when I got home as they seem to almost expect you to feel a bit rough in the coming hours! My wife felt pretty rough for a couple of days after she had her AZ jab.

Glad I've had it.

Had mine yesterday, already maxed out on paracetamol.... Like a hangover, without alcohol. Hopefully it means your immune system is in overdrive.

GrimUpNorth 19-03-2021 09:18

24 hours on from the jab. Feeling rough but not so much I cant function - just a really bad hangover type head.

Interestingly, my watch is telling me my at rest heart rate was 86 bpm during my broken nights sleep last night when normally its mid to upper 60's. Is this a known side effect of the AZ jab?

Chris 19-03-2021 09:26

A non-resting heart rate is a known side effect of being agitated because you can't get to sleep properly ;) Happens to me sometimes, and I'm always paranoid my thyroid's gone mental again (it hasn't, yet).

Incidentally, I'm totally chuffed for all you oldiewonks who have now had their jab. Us young things have a few weeks to wait yet. :D

GrimUpNorth 19-03-2021 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36074789)
A non-resting heart rate is a known side effect of being agitated because you can't get to sleep properly ;) Happens to me sometimes, and I'm always paranoid my thyroid's gone mental again (it hasn't, yet).

Incidentally, I'm totally chuffed for all you oldiewonks who have now had their jab. Us young things have a few weeks to wait yet. :D

I was just saying to one of the lads at work that it was a crap nights sleep - very similar to the crap night I had when I woke up to find I measles!!

TheDaddy 19-03-2021 09:36

Quote:

Not going to say good but it seemed like I was the only one who hadn't had it, even Russ has had it, it's not much better in real life either, everyone except my children have had it, my closest friend got his the other day because his bmi was 28000, they had his height down as 6 inches rather than 6 feet :dunce:

Chris 19-03-2021 09:40

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36074793)
Not going to say good but it seemed like I was the only one who hadn't had it, even Russ has had it, it's not much better in real life either, everyone except my children have had it, my closest friend got his the other day because his bmi was 28000, they had his height down as 6 inches rather than 6 feet :dunce:

Is he partial to a wafer-thin mint? :D

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...1&d=1616146884

Mick 19-03-2021 11:21

Quote:

I’m only the one under 50 who had AstraZeneca according to poll, I had initially booked to have the jab weeks ago via entitlement at the Manchester City Etihad Stadium, because I’m a frontline worker but I was invited by my GP Surgery not long after I booked my first jabs. So I cancelled these and went with my GP practise because the vaccination centre in my area was much closer to home.

So I had my jab last Thursday, no issues with aching arm but day after, had fever in which I just couldn’t get warm at all. Paracetamol throughout day helped. But I’m just glad I’ve managed to get the jab when I did.

raging bull 19-03-2021 12:16

Interesting comment by GrimUpNorth re his resting BP, (having to take numerous meds for heart condition) my BP is a constant 50/52 BPM which to me is a bit too steady!

Angua 19-03-2021 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36074804)
I’m only the one under 50 who had AstraZeneca according to poll, I had initially booked to have the jab weeks ago via entitlement at the Manchester City Etihad Stadium, because I’m a frontline worker but I was invited by my GP Surgery not long after I booked my first jabs. So I cancelled these and went with my GP practise because the vaccination centre in my area was much closer to home.

So I had my jab last Thursday, no issues with aching arm but day after, had fever in which I just couldn’t get warm at all. Paracetamol throughout day helped. But I’m just glad I’ve managed to get the jab when I did.

If it helps, Son (aged 21) had the AZ vaccine on Wednesday, only side effect he noticed was a chill, 1st thing Thursday.

GrimUpNorth 19-03-2021 18:56

I've had a snooze for a couple of hours and think I'm starting to feel a bit better, fingers crossed for tomorrow as we're off work now until after Easter and the wife has a big list of jobs for me to do starting 9am sharp in the morning!

raging bull 19-03-2021 20:48

The big list can be started on another day!
If you are feeling rubbish, one thing at a time.

Mr K 19-03-2021 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36074833)
I've had a snooze for a couple of hours and think I'm starting to feel a bit better, fingers crossed for tomorrow as we're off work now until after Easter and the wife has a big list of jobs for me to do starting 9am sharp in the morning!

Very similar Grim. Had the jab, felt rough for a couple of days, better now. Now have a couple of weeks off with a wife/list of jobs.
I have my own list for tomorrow, it involves a lie in followed by cricket, then football. I may give her list glance after that and agree that those things deffo need doing at some point. It's good to make lists, makes you think you've done something ;)