Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33607712)

RichardCoulter 06-09-2021 16:44

Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Not got any better according to Ofcom:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...omplaints.html

Itshim 06-09-2021 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36092226)

And yet you are still here:D

OLD BOY 06-09-2021 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36092226)

I must admit, I can’t see where these complaints are coming from. I’ve always been happy with the service I get from any of the cable companies over the years.

I admit that when I wanted to change my package a few months back it was difficult to raise Customer Services over the phone due to the pandemic, but I then used their ‘chat’ method for the first time, and it worked just great. I got a better deal than I expected.

Itshim 07-09-2021 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36092248)
I must admit, I can’t see where these complaints are coming from. * I’ve always been happy with the service I get from any of the cable companies over the years.

I admit that when I wanted to change my package a few months back it was difficult to raise Customer Services over the phone due to the pandemic, but I then used their ‘chat’ method for the first time, and it worked just great. I got a better deal than I expected.

As have l. * Richard ? :erm:

tweetiepooh 08-09-2021 12:32

You read posts on forums and "Furryus from Croydon" often has issues that they caused and wants someone to come immediately to fix it so they don't miss their TV. To heck with priorities, vulnerable customers etc.

Not saying we don't need to improve, hopefully we are, but often ratings sites don't get the whole picture. It's much easier to support a smaller number of more selective customers than those using incumbent or the bigger nationals.

mrmistoffelees 08-09-2021 12:53

Over the past five years we've been in our current home, we've never had an issue with VM until recently when some maintenance was being performed.

The maintenance finished and i had huge latency and packet loss on my connection, i thought fair enough, i'll leave it overnight. I wake up in the morning to see another maintenance session to be performed, OK, thinks I....

After this had finished same as before huge latency & massive packet loss.

I then ring VM tech support and get through to an overseas call center who insist that the problem is because my modem is in modem only mode and that it needs to be set back to being a hub. So, i entertain them, reset the hub for good measure and put it into 'normal mode' same issues.

I then get told that it's a known issue and could take up to a week to fix. At which point i ask to speak to a manager, and I'm hung up on.

I ring back, get through to a UK tech support, explain the issue again as no notes had been placed on the call. I advise what i've done, removed my infrastructure, connected Mac directly to hub & also a windows machine for good measure, rebooted, reset hub etc. etc.

I get an appointment for an engineer visit on Monday between 8-12 engineer knocks on the door, tells me hw knows exactly where the fault is, and that because of the maintenance not all the cables had been reconnected properly at the cab, and that my signal is so low he's amazed i was getting any connection at all. fifteen minutes later, all fixed.

So... to summarise

1. VM's overseas tech support is absolutely atrocious
2. VM UK support is reasonable
3. It would appear that VM's maintenance procedures are sloppy (and that's being kind)
4. The actual onsite engineer was really good.

Rillington 16-09-2021 19:41

As of September 2021, which departments are offshored and which are based in the UK?

Cooperman39 03-12-2021 16:50

I find that tech. Support poor, they try to fob you off, by telling you try changing batteries on controller , which I have renewed, they then tell you to wait 24hrs as problems national
Bullshit

Itshim 03-12-2021 18:32

What I found interesting ? ! Is that the last time I had a " Tec " out she told me that she didn't do repairs and she had the job because she got on well with people . Guess that says it all.

Mr K 03-12-2021 20:30

I'm quite grateful I have an 18 month contract don't have to through the whole, I'll cancel and then you'll ring back, every 12 months.
Fully expecting an inflation busting New Year price rise from VM. At which point of course all contracts are null and void and the game is on again !

pip08456 03-12-2021 22:45

I've never had a problem even with the off shore support. I guess I must be lucky along with the several other millions of customers who don't bother with ratings sites.

Skie 04-12-2021 15:21

Just posting to get rid of the stupid blue banner asking me to post.

spankysmagicpian 05-12-2021 09:59

Not one problem with support - either here or abroad.
Last time I phoned (Over a year ago) it was the offshore staff and that's when they offered me VIP for less than the price of what I was currently paying.

buckeye 12-05-2022 18:04

Aaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
I'd forgotten how bad VM's customer services can be.
A word of advice don't order a new Stream box then try and cancel it when its faulty, doesn't do a service you were told it does and are still in your 14 day cooling off period!

alanbjames 14-05-2022 07:15

I find its hit and Miss, for example I rang retentions for a reduction in price. First person i spoke to refused outright because I am on their top internet service. I rang back and spoke to a lovely Scottish lady and was given £6 a month off for 24 months.

So I think its down to the people u talk to.